Thread: Any underperforming players right now I should target?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Any underperforming players right now I should target?

Just wondering if there are any underperforming players right now that could probably be had at a discount but should eventually pick up their performances.

Dominated first two weeks and am sitting in first place with my current team in a 16- team league:

PG: Chris Paul, Goran Dragic, Greivis Vasquez, Andre Miller
    SG: Bradley Beal, Arron Afflalo,
    SF: Gerald Green, Caron Butler, Chandler Parsons
    PF: Dirk Nowitzki (INJ), Brandon Wright,
    C: Ryan Anderson, Andrea Bargnani

We've been doing a good job of nailing down a lot of the scoring categories...and we've pretty much forfeited the idea of taking down blocks. Rebounds are also probably a lost cause, though I think we won the first week and were close in rebounds in the second week.

My buddy that I'm co-managing with has been trying to target Ty Lawson.

Any guys come to mind?

Dobber Sports Deity

The entire Toronto Raptors team??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

If it's daily starts you could grab calderon for tonight. He had a monster game last night and with Lowry out he'll get at least one more big-minute start tonight. They don't play again until Friday but if you could use assists, 3s, good %s and a few steals he might be on the waiver wire.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm looking for underperforming players that can be targeted via trade.

Like I mentioned it's a 16 team league so players like Calderon have no chance of being on the waiver wire. If I want to improve my team it'll have to be via trade.

Dobber Sports Pro

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nb...onday--1230-et

That chat lists a bunch of buy low targets. Also, blocks are the hardest category to fill because of scarcity, then I believe it's assists. I think that info is also from Rotoworld, but it might be ESPN or Rotowire.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nb...onday--1230-et

That chat lists a bunch of buy low targets. Also, blocks are the hardest category to fill because of scarcity, then I believe it's assists. I think that info is also from Rotoworld, but it might be ESPN or Rotowire.
    Thanks for the link Ross,

Yeah unfortunately I missed the draft because of work and my buddy couldn't connect to the draft lobby for the first couple rounds which was why we ended up with Westbrook and Nowitzki as our first two picks. Originally our plan had been to stack up on big men and try and dominate those categories...but now we actually have a team stacked on small guy stats. Our team has actually obliterated the opposing team in assists both of the first two weeks haha.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Thanks for the link Ross,

Yeah unfortunately I missed the draft because of work and my buddy couldn't connect to the draft lobby for the first couple rounds which was why we ended up with Westbrook and Nowitzki as our first two picks. Originally our plan had been to stack up on big men and try and dominate those categories...but now we actually have a team stacked on small guy stats. Our team has actually obliterated the opposing team in assists both of the first two weeks haha.
    You can win a league while dominating in small-ball stats. Remember that in a 9 cat league you can win FT%, 3s, PTS, ASTS, STLS, essentially punting the other categories and still win practically every week. My favourite strategy is to try to draft big guys who pass and little guys who rebound because it tends to provide more flexibility week to week against opponents. No strategy is fool proof, but you just gotta take your draft and run with it.

Did you trade Westbrook for CP3?

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Pro

You can win a league while dominating in small-ball stats. Remember that in a 9 cat league you can win FT%, 3s, PTS, ASTS, STLS, essentially punting the other categories and still win practically every week. My favourite strategy is to try to draft big guys who pass and little guys who rebound because it tends to provide more flexibility week to week against opponents. No strategy is fool proof, but you just gotta take your draft and run with it.

This was my strategy and I now sit in 1st place in my 10 team league. I really knew nothing about basketball and outside of my keepers (Durant, Wall, Lowry, Horford) I just drafted multi cat studs (which often translates to your big man passers and small man boarders).
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah he was part of a package....I'm not quite sure how to feel about it but my buddy really wanted CP3 so I said sure. We traded Westbrook and Thad Young for CP3 and Harrison Barnes....since then we dropped Barnes.

Another deal we made that I'm not too sure how I feel about anymore:

K.Walker + Noah for Ryan Anderson and Afflalo

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah he was part of a package....I'm not quite sure how to feel about it but my buddy really wanted CP3 so I said sure. We traded Westbrook and Thad Young for CP3 and Harrison Barnes....since then we dropped Barnes.

Another deal we made that I'm not too sure how I feel about anymore:

K.Walker + Noah for Ryan Anderson and Afflalo
    It's hard to say how either deal will look in the end. Noah is balling right now, but Boozer is not so I expect Noah's numbers to come down a bit as Boozer gets more looks and production while the season progresses. Kemba is young and very inconsistent. Anderson held the 7th best value in the league last year, and as he gets used to his new team and system, his numbers will rise. Affalo will get a ton of minutes and stats as the Magic are very shallow. I like this trade for you guys.

The first deal is a wash at this time, there are a lot of variables that need to settle before it can be fully assessed. Keep Barnes on your watch list, he will get a ton of minutes all season and has been working on his game down low.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's hard to say how either deal will look in the end. Noah is balling right now, but Boozer is not so I expect Noah's numbers to come down a bit as Boozer gets more looks and production while the season progresses. Kemba is young and very inconsistent. Anderson held the 7th best value in the league last year, and as he gets used to his new team and system, his numbers will rise. Affalo will get a ton of minutes and stats as the Magic are very shallow. I like this trade for you guys.

The first deal is a wash at this time, there are a lot of variables that need to settle before it can be fully assessed. Keep Barnes on your watch list, he will get a ton of minutes all season and has been working on his game down low.
    Haha, too late. Barnes was snatched up off the wire with a pretty decent bid from one of my buddies, and obviously as soon as that happens Barnes puts up a 19/12 game lol.

You're not kidding about Anderson, I'm pretty impressed with how he performed last night. Shot 2/10 from three point range and still managed to score 20 and shoot close to .500.

I hate selling low but we're trying to trade Primo ****ing Pasta for whatever we can get right now...I don't like the way he's playing...he looks worse than he normally does and he's giving less effort, which is saying something.

Dobber Sports Pro

Haha, too late. Barnes was snatched up off the wire with a pretty decent bid from one of my buddies, and obviously as soon as that happens Barnes puts up a 19/12 game lol.

You're not kidding about Anderson, I'm pretty impressed with how he performed last night. Shot 2/10 from three point range and still managed to score 20 and shoot close to .500.

I hate selling low but we're trying to trade Primo ****ing Pasta for whatever we can get right now...I don't like the way he's playing...he looks worse than he normally does and he's giving less effort, which is saying something.
    In the end most trades are difficult to gauge. Anderson and Affalo will both take a bit to get into their grooves with their new teams. Barnes is going to be very inconsistent, last night's game was his first decent one this season. Bargnani complements Anderson and Dirk (whenever he gets healthy) really well, so if your sticking to your categorical strengths, then trading him wouldn't be the best idea. I don't recommend switching your strategy, because doing so makes the Noah Anderson trade irrelevant instead of a great strength.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Harrison ****ing Barnes.....lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

Harrison ****ing Barnes.....lol.
    I was lucky enough to pick him up this week. Drafted Klay Thompson, who has been struggling with his shot, so it seems like a decent handcuff. If Klay and Danilo Gallinari shake off their shooting slumps, my team should start dominating.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well I'm none too pleased. My buddy I'm comanaging with dropped Beal, Seraphin, and Green for one day plays for today without running it by me. Stupid move considering our opponent was already close in many categories and had much better man games (Holiday, Monroe, Howard, etc). Considering how large this league is Beal and Seraphin are easily worthy of being owned for their upside. But whatever. Now we have to pay for them if we want them.