Thread: Need some advice...4 for 4 trade offer.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Need some advice...4 for 4 trade offer.

My record this year is 3-5 but started off 0-4. My team consists of...
    QB: Rivers, Cutler
    RB: Mathews, McGahee, S-Jax, Leshoure
    WR: A. Johnson, J. Jones, Cobb, Roberts
    TE: Gonzalez, Pettigrew
    DST: Vikings
    K: Walsh
    We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, DST, K

The offer I got was
    his P. Manning, Turner, Britt and Bears DST
    for
    my Cutler, McGahee, A. Johnson and Vikings DST.

am I crazy for thinking about doing this? I find my QB situation to be quite weak and my WR's to be fairly strong. I would hate trading A. Johnson though...

any advice would help.
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Initiate

P Manning >>>> Cutler
    Turner << McGahee
    Britt <<< A Johnson
    Bears DST > Vikings DST.

With Rivers as your QB1 I think you need to do this trade. Turner and Britt are a little bit weaker than what you're giving up, but its not by much. Even if Britt doesnt get any better you are fine running with Cobb and (James?) Jones. SJax/Leshoure is a good enough flex.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Rookie

I appreciate your response...it's actually Julio Jones (atl), not James.
    I ended up making a counter offer of...
    P Manning, Turner, Floyd and Bears
    for
    Cutler, Mathews, A. Johnson and Vikings

I'm not sure if switching Mathews in for McGahee is going to make it or break it...but I guess we'll see...

Dobber Sports Ace

Good trade for you.

He migh prefer getting Matthews and Keeping Bowe ever Floyd.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Nolansarmy View Post
    I appreciate your response...it's actually Julio Jones (atl), not James.
    I ended up making a counter offer of...
    P Manning, Turner, Floyd and Bears
    for
    Cutler, Mathews, A. Johnson and Vikings

I'm not sure if switching Mathews in for McGahee is going to make it or break it...but I guess we'll see...
    I do like the deal because you're getting Manning, but id be weary about overreacting at his last two performances. I know he's been amazing and yes, he's Peyton Manning; but the season is only half over.

That being said I do still liek the deal for you....but I also wonder which other RBs and WRs he has instead of Turner and Floyd.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That's a terrible trade for you.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    That's a terrible trade for you.
    What's the reasoning behind your opinion?

In my league Peyton is 6th QB (8th overall player) while Rivers/Cutler are ranked 26 & 27.
    Andre Johnson who was good long ago is ranked in the mid 30s among WR. Only 2 games over 10.5 pts.

It helps to have a good reliable QB with easy second half schedule.

Per Grantlands Bill Barnwell
    "Another team with a notable strength-of-schedule split are those pesky Broncos, who had the league's toughest projected schedule heading into the season. After going up against the league's seventh-most-difficult schedule through this past week, no team in the league has an easier slate over the final nine weeks than Peyton Manning's boys. They still have two games left against the Chiefs to go along with matchups versus the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...numbers-report.
    Last edited by cdubb; November 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    What's the reasoning behind your opinion?

In my league Peyton is 6th QB (8th overall player) while Rivers/Cutler are ranked 26 & 27.
    Andre Johnson who was good long ago is ranked in the mid 30s among WR. Only 2 games over 10.5 pts.

It helps to have a good reliable QB with easy second half schedule.

Per Grantlands Bill Barnwell
    "Another team with a notable strength-of-schedule split are those pesky Broncos, who had the league's toughest projected schedule heading into the season. After going up against the league's seventh-most-difficult schedule through this past week, no team in the league has an easier slate over the final nine weeks than Peyton Manning's boys. They still have two games left against the Chiefs to go along with matchups versus the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...numbers-report.
    Not sure who the fock Bill is, but keep in mind he's giving away the starting RB on Denver in this trade...?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg

Dobber Sports Ace

Not sure who the fock Bill is, but keep in mind he's giving away the starting RB on Denver in this trade...?
    Mmm, guess you are not too informed then, maybe read some sports sites.

"Bill Barnwell is currently a staff writer for Grantland.com. He previously was managing editor of Football Outsiders and a statistical consultant to organizations in both Major League Baseball and the National Football League. Has has also written for*The New York Times,*The Wall Street Journal, and ESPN The Magazine."

Wonder who Denver will use more, McGahee or their passing offense with Peyton, Thomas, and Decker?

McGahee's rushing yards per game: 64, 113, 36, 112, 51, 56, 122.
    Peyton's passing per game: 253, 241, 330, 338, 337, 309 with 3 tds per game in the last 4 games.

Not sure what you have against Peyton Manning (see other thread) but despite ppl predicting he'd be terrible, he is doing very well.

cutler (45) and rivers (46) combined rating is less than mannings (119). Sanchez, Weedon, and Kolb all ranked ahead of his current QBs.
    Last edited by cdubb; November 1, 2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Padawan

Mmm, guess you are not too informed then, maybe read some sports sites.

"Bill Barnwell is currently a staff writer for Grantland.com. He previously was managing editor of Football Outsiders and a statistical consultant to organizations in both Major League Baseball and the National Football League. Has has also written for*The New York Times,*The Wall Street Journal, and ESPN The Magazine."

Wonder who Denver will use more, McGahee or their passing offense with Peyton, Thomas, and Decker?

McGahee's rushing yards per game: 64, 113, 36, 112, 51, 56, 122.
    Peyton's passing per game: 253, 241, 330, 338, 337, 309 with 3 tds per game in the last 4 games.

Not sure what you have against Peyton Manning (see other thread) but despite ppl predicting he'd be terrible, he is doing very well.

cutler (45) and rivers (46) combined rating is less than mannings (119). Sanchez, Weedon, and Kolb all ranked ahead of his current QBs.
    I'm informed by watching football and previous FF experience. I don't look to pundits for my information. If you value his opinion I can't debate that.

I have nothing against Manning. He's a HOF and is playing like it this year. I just think this is a bad trade.

I would rather have McGahee and AJ than Turner and Britt. Britt is a huge liability in my eyes and, in the case of Turner, as suspect as Rodgers has been, they are working him back into the game plan. Unreliable as AJ has been so far this season, he is still miles ahead of Britt in terms of talent and situation.

McGahee has put up 9 or more points in all but 2 contests, so he is a consistent producer. Turner's numbers are somewhat similar (one more stinker), but he doesn't have the cupcake schedule that McGahee is coming into.

I think the Matthews insertion in the second proposal makes this trade better, as Brown and Battle were worked into the game tonight, Brown while the game was still on the line.

Cutler and Rivers have nowhere to go but up, and can be used in a rotation for matchups. Peyton is doing great, but I don't see three TDs per game as a realistic bar. There is something to be said for his teammates finally getting up to speed with the audibles and all, but I would be wary of parting with both AJ and McGahee.

Out of McGahee/Matthews/Turner/SJAx/Leshoure in a 2rd+flex I would want McGahee.

Maybe everyone who owns Peyton wins their respective fantasy seasons. Only time will tell.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

Dobber Sports Ace

I have nothing against Manning. He's a HOF and is playing like it this year. I just think this is a bad trade.

I would rather have McGahee and AJ than Turner and Britt. Britt is a huge liability in my eyes and, in the case of Turner, as suspect as Rodgers has been, they are working him back into the game plan. Unreliable as AJ has been so far this season, he is still miles ahead of Britt in terms of talent and situation.

McGahee has put up 9 or more points in all but 2 contests, so he is a consistent producer. Turner's numbers are somewhat similar (one more stinker), but he doesn't have the cupcake schedule that McGahee is coming into.

Cutler and Rivers have nowhere to go but up, and can be used in a rotation for matchups. Peyton is doing great, but I don't see three TDs per game as a realistic bar. There is something to be said for his teammates finally getting up to speed with the audibles and all, but I would be wary of parting with both AJ and McGahee.

Out of McGahee/Matthews/Turner/SJAx/Leshoure in a 2rd+flex I would want McGahee.
    Here are those 2 QBs weekly record compared to Manning
    - Rivers: 9.6, 15, -0.5, 9.2, 9.9, 0.0, bye, 2.9
    - Cutler: 13.9, -5.7, 2.4, 12.9, 16.5, bye, 7.2, -2
    - Manning: 15.6, 1.9, 15.3, 23.4, 20.3, bye, 20.5

If you mixed and matched QBs, the absolute BEST you could have done is 70.8 vs Manning's 120. Plus you'd be a psychic that wins millions in Las Vegas betting on NFL.

Upcoming schedules
    Rivers - TB, DEN, BAL, CIN, PIT, CAR, NYJ, OAK
    Cutler - TEN, HOU, SF, MIN, SEA, MIN, GB, ARI, DET
    Manning - CIN, CAR, SD, KC, TB, OAK, BAL, CLE, KC

It's alot easier to pick up a scrub RB/WR (Hillis & Britt 2 yrs ago, D.Murray & L.Robinson last year) that suddenly surprises and gets hot versus a QB.

I would consider the trade based on best players versus each other, not positional
    - Manning (120) > McGahee (95)
    - Turner (74) = or > A. Johnson (63)
    - Cutler (45) = Britt (30)
    - CHI def (93) > MIN def (67)

I'm informed by watching football and previous FF experience. I don't look to pundits for my information. If you value his opinion I can't debate that.
    I've won exactly 50% of my hockey and football pools (not counting finishing 2nd or 3rd).

This year I autodrafted a NFL team that was projected on yahoo to finish last, but i'm tied for 3rd best record, despite having watched "part" of 1 NFL game this whole year (i'm here in australia for a year where games play at 3 am or during my working hours)

http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/use...H6M6RXJ54MXGB4

Yet I don't consider myself a fantasy genius/expert.

I'd still listen to the schmuck (Barnwell) who gets paid for a living based on NFL and watches ALL the NFL games each week.
    Last edited by cdubb; November 2, 2012 at 7:04 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have to disagree with Spec7ral here...maybe you didnt read the OP good enough? Here is his current squad:

QB: Rivers, Cutler
    RB: Mathews, McGahee, S-Jax, Leshoure
    WR: A. Johnson, J. Jones, Cobb, Roberts
    DST: Vikings

They start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, DST, K

After the trade (with highlighted starters):
    QB: Peyton, Rivers
    RB: Mathews,Turner, S-Jax/Leshoure (flex)
    WR: J. Jones, Cobb, Britt, Roberts
    DST: Bears

So the fact is that he probably WONT be starting Britt after the trade, but at the same time Britt has a really high upside, so he could end up being a starter later this year.

Having to start Cobb instead of Andre Johnson doesnt seem like a big drop to me this year. I think I'd actually prefer Cobb. Julio Jones is way ahead of both.

The trade is basically starting

Peyton+Turner+Cobb+Bears
    instead of
    Rivers+McGahee+Andre+Vikings

I DEFINITELY prefer the first one.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Padawan

Here are those 2 QBs weekly record compared to Manning
    - Rivers: 9.6, 15, -0.5, 9.2, 9.9, 0.0, bye, 2.9
    - Cutler: 13.9, -5.7, 2.4, 12.9, 16.5, bye, 7.2, -2
    - Manning: 15.6, 1.9, 15.3, 23.4, 20.3, bye, 20.5

If you mixed and matched QBs, the absolute BEST you could have done is 70.8 vs Manning's 120. Plus you'd be a psychic that wins millions in Las Vegas betting on NFL.

Upcoming schedules
    Rivers - TB, DEN, BAL, CIN, PIT, CAR, NYJ, OAK
    Cutler - TEN, HOU, SF, MIN, SEA, MIN, GB, ARI, DET
    Manning - CIN, CAR, SD, KC, TB, OAK, BAL, CLE, KC

It's alot easier to pick up a scrub RB/WR (Hillis & Britt 2 yrs ago, D.Murray & L.Robinson last year) that suddenly surprises and gets hot versus a QB.

I would consider the trade based on best players versus each other, not positional
    - Manning (120) > McGahee (95)
    - Turner (74) = or > A. Johnson (63)
    - Cutler (45) = Britt (30)
    - CHI def (93) > MIN def (67)

I've won exactly 50% of my hockey and football pools (not counting finishing 2nd or 3rd).

This year I autodrafted a NFL team that was projected on yahoo to finish last, but i'm tied for 3rd best record, despite having watched "part" of 1 NFL game this whole year (i'm here in australia for a year where games play at 3 am or during my working hours)

http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/use...H6M6RXJ54MXGB4

Yet I don't consider myself a fantasy genius/expert.

I'd still listen to the schmuck (Barnwell) who gets paid for a living based on NFL and watches ALL the NFL games each week.
    If you're in Australia that explains it. Thanks for the input.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

Dobber Sports Padawan

20/20 hindsight this deal may have been a good idea, if only for the Bears DST and what they did this weekend.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

Dobber Sports Ace

If you're in Australia that explains it. Thanks for the input.
    Just moved here this July. Found out unlike NFL watch shows games at 3 am and 6 am, NBA games require a pay package.
    Semi-retired