• Marc-Andre Fleury

27 38.57%
  • Carey Price

43 61.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] #1 Fleury vs. #2 Price

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I never said anything to the contrary. Other's may have but I never did.
    I know... but it would've been nice to have some support in that other thread. I felt like an alien from another planet lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    We should start our own club. Only cool people allowed.
    Can I be the President?

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Can I be the President?
    Hell ya, I was hoping.

I know... but it would've been nice to have some support in that other thread. I felt like an alien from another planet lol
    Hmmmm....feelings of paranoia and ostracism, eh? I wonder what those could be symptoms of....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Sticking to my guns and giving the finger to Rask yet again... Price.

Can't believe Flower made it top 4 TBH.

In a 1 yr setup, I cant believe Price made the top 4 TBH. Long term I can see, but in a 1 yr with the team not really showing any major improvements, I cant see the reasoning.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I try to remain as impartial as possible with these polls because I'd hate to influence the vote one way or the other.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a 1 yr setup, I cant believe Price made the top 4 TBH. Long term I can see, but in a 1 yr with the team not really showing any major improvements, I cant see the reasoning.
    And in a 1 yr I don't want to stake my goaltending on someone who's never played more than half a season, and can't understand why someone else would unless the likes of Miller, Ward, Price, Lundqvist, Rinne, etc. were all gone.

To each their own.

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's MAF for me here.....same argument I was making in the Rask thread. In a one year there's just no way Price will match what MAF can do this season.

Even if Vokoun steals games from Fleury, Fleury is still the #1 and will get the bulk of the games. MAF is a lock for 35+ wins (as in, he's NEVER had less except his first couple seasons when the Pens were awful, and the year he got hurt), and his ratios are not as bad as everyone seems to think. He isn't the 2.70 goalie riding his team's coat tails anymore.....he's been 2.32 and 2.36 the last two years, with .918 and .913. Shutouts are low but those are unpredictable enough I discount them in my rankings.

In a one year league, there's just no way a good goalie on one of the league's worst teams is more valuable than a good goalie on one of the best teams.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    And in a 1 yr I don't want to stake my goaltending on someone who's never played more than half a season, and can't understand why someone else would unless the likes of Miller, Ward, Price, Lundqvist, Rinne, etc. were all gone.

To each their own.
    I couldnt agree more to most of those names. How Lundqvist isnt in the final 4 is a real head scratcher.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I couldnt agree more to most of those names. How Lundqvist isnt in the final 4 is a real head scratcher.
    As has been stated numerous times in the main page articles Lundqvist, Rinne and Quick were all held out of this tournament because they were so far ahead of everyone else that it seemed pointless to include them. This tournament instead decides who the fourth best goalie is this season, which should also help explain how Fleury can make the final four.

Please lookout for a follow up Cage Match article breaking down the Lundqvist-Rinne-Quick trio of dominance.

Administrator

Please lookout for a follow up Cage Match article breaking down the Lundqvist-Rinne-Quick trio of dominance.
    By that do you mean a poll much like the others?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

As has been stated numerous times in the main page articles Lundqvist, Rinne and Quick were all held out of this tournament because they were so far ahead of everyone else that it seemed pointless to include them. This tournament instead decides who the fourth best goalie is this season, which should also help explain how Fleury can make the final four.

Ohhhh yeah. Forgot about that part. That's gonna be a good one. I should begin work on my supporting thesis now.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Totally forgot about that.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    By that do you mean a poll much like the others?
    Including an accompanying poll would actually be smart but no the plan was to just lay out the arguments for and against each player as is customary for my usual Cage Match articles.

Including an accompanying poll would actually be smart but no the plan was to just lay out the arguments for and against each player as is customary for my usual Cage Match articles.
    Hmmmm...that would make for an interesting poll. You should present your argument, then lay out the poll. Be a good debate, at least.

Which may not be what you're going for (and I understand) so, fwiw.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Hmmmm...that would make for an interesting poll. You should present your argument, then lay out the poll. Be a good debate, at least.

Which may not be what you're going for (and I understand) so, fwiw.
    Yeah, I think that's the new plan. I generally prefer to have the debate go on in the comments section of the main page article though so I may scrap the poll plan.