Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Team advice going forward

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yes he is. Wouldn't McGahee restrict his value?
    I would MUCH rather have HIllman on my roster (as I do) than Bell. If McGahee goes down (he's 31 don't forget, but I wouldn;t bet against him as he's been doing well) Hillman will be crazy valueable. Even if he doesn't go down, Hillman is getting more touches and they'll want to keep McGahee fresh for the post season if they keep up their current roll.

Martin is the only guy I would consider moving Lynch for at this point of those you mentioned.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Sproles owner strikes me as one you might be able to strike a deal with. Who are his Wideouts?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    I would MUCH rather have HIllman on my roster (as I do) than Bell. If McGahee goes down (he's 31 don't forget, but I wouldn;t bet against him as he's been doing well) Hillman will be crazy valueable. Even if he doesn't go down, Hillman is getting more touches and they'll want to keep McGahee fresh for the post season if they keep up their current roll.

Martin is the only guy I would consider moving Lynch for at this point of those you mentioned.
    If I were to pick up Hillman for Bell, perhaps it's worth going after McGahee? His top WR are Nelson (with Jones as current replacement), Welker and M.Williams though, so not sure how much of an upgrade they'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    The Sproles owner strikes me as one you might be able to strike a deal with. Who are his Wideouts?
    His top three WR are Calvin Johnson, Wallace and Austin. Though just read briefly that Sproles missed practice yesterday due to a hand injury. Something to keep an eye on. Assuming CJ has another good week and if Sproles is ok, I wonder if I should try a Calvin Johnson/Sproles for Bowe/Chris Johnson offer? If not enough I could even throw in Bell since he has LeShoure - not sure if would make a difference but just brainstorming.
    Last edited by horrorfan; November 2, 2012 at 6:53 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hope you played Bell this week! I sure did and came up big haha

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by kluu View Post
    Hope you played Bell this week! I sure did and came up big haha
    Nope, with Lynch and Johnson I wasn't going to. Fortunately didn't matter as Lynch had 20 points and Johnson had 16 (same as Bell). Unfortunately I'm still 27 points behind with only Vick remaining tonight.

If I lose, I'll have some decisions to make in the coming week.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post

- Try trading Lynch and C2K for RBs that already had bye (Martin, Forte, Ridley after this week, etc), and hope Mendenhall is a starter again.
    Amazing I listed Martin first and he singled handedly could have won someone this week even if all your other 9 players only got 5 Pts each. (though I personally own Forte and Ridley)
    Semi-retired

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Amazing I listed Martin first and he singled handedly could have won someone this week even if all your other 9 players only got 5 Pts each. (though I personally own Forte and Ridley)
    Yep - you could probably take Martin off the list of those I could target now. In my other league, the Martin owner has Peterson as well!

I still might target the Bush owner, especially if I don't come back tonight to beat him. That would make him 7-2 and leading the league, while I would be 3-6. He might be willing to sacrifice a week with a bye in order to get Lynch or Johnson for the playoffs. I might try Johnson/Bowe for Bush/A.Johnson first, but will wait and see after tonight's game.

Regardless, I'll probably put most of my top players on the trading block to see what offers (if any) come in.