Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: There goes Farrell...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Brian Butterfield was named the Red Sox 3B coach today.
    Where did you hear this at? I am searching and I dont see this anywhere.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Never mind, its starting to trend on twitter now.

Big loss. He must have been told he was out of the running to take over the Manager's job in Toronto or why else would he take the job as 3rd base coach in Boston.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Never mind, its starting to trend on twitter now.

Big loss. He must have been told he was out of the running to take over the Manager's job in Toronto or why else would he take the job as 3rd base coach in Boston.
    With all due respect, he's just a third base coach. I mean I know he's been around for a long time, but there are many good third base coaches in baseball.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    With all due respect, he's just a third base coach. I mean I know he's been around for a long time, but there are many good third base coaches in baseball.

I like to think he was more then "just a third base coach". He has been with the organization for the past 11 years and worked under the past 4 managers in Toronto. They all obviously saw enough in him to keep him around and not replace him with one of their own guys. I know a change has to happen in Toronto but I still say this is a big loss to the organization.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Are you joking Mac? Lol, this is a big loss. Butter field did way more on the team than just act as third base coach. In many ways I felt like he did more for the club than Farrell did.

Defensive alignments I believe was something butter field was responsible for.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Are you joking Mac? Lol, this is a big loss. Butter field did way more on the team than just act as third base coach. In many ways I felt like he did more for the club than Farrell did.

Defensive alignments I believe was something butter field was responsible for.
    Relax, wait and see who replaces him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hmm, apparently Butterfield isnt completely gone as of yet. He still has the chance of getting hired as the Mgr of the Jays.

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2012/1...gets-stranger/

I'd be shocked if they actually hired him as the Mgr, but at least he was smart enough to take a job elsewhere as a precaution. Smart move by Butterfield.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hmm, apparently Butterfield isnt completely gone as of yet. He still has the chance of getting hired as the Mgr of the Jays.

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2012/1...gets-stranger/

I'd be shocked if they actually hired him as the Mgr, but at least he was smart enough to take a job elsewhere as a precaution. Smart move by Butterfield.
    That's odd, the Boston media is probably responsible.