Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Are we sure that's just not another dream his bro is having...!?!?
    Possible. All I know is that the actor is signed on for this season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ahhhhh the perfect accuracy of the Walking Dead cast. Classic.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Now that's what we've been waiting for....some action.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Now that's what we've been waiting for....some action.
    Yes that episode was full of blood and eye stabbing.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yes that episode was full of blood and eye stabbing.
    And it looked so good in 1080p. It's off topic but I just finally upgraded from 1080i and added a Bose surround sound system.

Back on topic now, how can they not put Herschel down. I've always understood the rules of the zombie apocalypse to say any bite, any bite, infected the victim and there was no hope. Are we rewriting those rules now, like Hollywood did when they turned zombies into sprinters?

So much to look forward to and so much promise shown to open this season. Can't wait to see where this all goes.....

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    A return by Merle would be awesp,e especially since Daryl's character essentially evolved into a despicably cliched version of Sawyer from LOST. Merle's return would give Daryl a kick start I'm sure.
    Ah, love this summary!
    I agree, two thumbs up on everything here!

Dobber Sports Genius

My buddy and I marathoned the first 2 seasons starting Friday night and finished this afternoon. The only problem is that I don't have access to AMC. Crap!

I might find someway online to watch them...

If anyone knows a great mirror site or something let me know.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    My buddy and I marathoned the first 2 seasons starting Friday night and finished this afternoon. The only problem is that I don't have access to AMC. Crap!

I might find someway online to watch them...

If anyone knows a great mirror site or something let me know.
    The Walking Dead facebook page says the episode will be available on www.amctv.com tomorrow. Apparently they're live streaming episodes as well so maybe check that out next week.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

Sweet! I'll definitely be checking that out tomorrow then.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'm a little afraid of how long they'll stay at the prison considering how long they dragged out staying at the farm. Other than that, the show has been better than the comic book so far IMO, so I'm looking forward to it. Really looking forward to see how they portray Michonne. I wonder if they'll introduce The Governor this season.
    Having read the comics, do you feel that it hampers your enjoyment of the TV show? I have not read them and have been LOVING the show...

Mind you, they have been detracting from the comic... but it probably does throw out some spoilers for the TV show. Right?
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Back on topic now, how can they not put Herschel down. I've always understood the rules of the zombie apocalypse to say any bite, any bite, infected the victim and there was no hope. Are we rewriting those rules now, like Hollywood did when they turned zombies into sprinters?
    Well, the rules are already rewritten since they're all infected without even being bitten. When they go down, whether it's by a zombie or not, they will turn. That's not traditional zombie lore either.

In the comic books they chop off some limbs to try and stop the ... zombiefication, and it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    Having read the comics, do you feel that it hampers your enjoyment of the TV show? I have not read them and have been LOVING the show...

Mind you, they have been detracting from the comic... but it probably does throw out some spoilers for the TV show. Right?
    I should say that I watched the first two seasons before I read the comic books. That was pretty interesting, to see the different characters that are not in the comic books and to see what they do with the people that they brought over. When I read the comics I was pretty surprised about how some characters went down differently compared to the TV show. I think that's good because that keeps me interested in both. They're only following the comic books in broad strokes, not in minute detail.

Considering that there are pretty big differences between the two formats, I don't really consider it spoiler territory. If they ever get to where they go after the prison, it'll be really interesting. I'm watching this season pretty much only to see how they handle the ending of the prison storyline compared to the comic books. The one in the comics was... interesting, to say the least.

The reason I like the show more is because I think the characters come across as more human. A lot of the characters in the comic books are WAAAAAAAAAY overreactiving and explode emotionally over the strangest things. They've done a better job in that regard with the show IMO.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

I recorded season 2 during amc's marathon and chipped away at it last night .

I hope they find this Sophie kid already !

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, the rules are already rewritten since they're all infected without even being bitten. When they go down, whether it's by a zombie or not, they will turn. That's not traditional zombie lore either.
    I had forgotten that Rick dropped that bombshell on the group.

As I read what you wrote it sparked a thought. If I remember correctly in the original Night Of The Living Dead, when the survivors were holed up in the farm house listening to the news, it was mentioned that the bodies of the recently deceased were reanimating. As I recall the scene, it never specified a manner of death for them to reanimate, which would fit the narrative of this show.

Also I don't recall NOTLD ever specifying what created the zombies. If your a director or writer for a show like this, even if you follow the Romero model for zombies there is room to explore your own path as it relates to the creation of the zombies.

Little things I didn't think about last night before I posted that.

In the comic books they chop off some limbs to try and stop the ... zombiefication, and it seems to work.
    I haven't read the comics, but if it's in them then it stands to reason to include here. Hey if nothing else it's more blood and gore, which was sorely lacking last season. And it's one of those grey areas that I don't believe George Romero covered in his movies. Maybe in Dawn or Day it was, but I don't recall it.

Administrator

Okay, so I just watched the first episode of this season... AMAZING. It's brutal, it's gorey, it's going somewhere!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Okay, so I just watched the first episode of this season... AMAZING. It's brutal, it's gorey, it's going somewhere!
    same i just watched it last night. it kind of reminds me of the pearl harbour movie triangle. hopefully that isnt too much of a spoiler lol