Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official" NHL13 Game Thread

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    St Louis would be a fun one too with the great farm system they have to go along with an incredibly young and talented core already.
    Yea, but none of their prospects develop into serviceable players in this game. Too bad. Only one that does is Ian Cole.

I am ("robmyatt" is the handle), and I really think we should set up a Dobber GM Connected League for PS3. I would be more than happy to set it up tonight and send out invites if people submit their usernames.
    How exactly does it work - does it automatically sim games and such or? I'd totally be up for one, just not sure how much of a time commitment is required as I usually only get to pick up the game for an hour or two every couple days.

Also, wristers are way more effective than in prior years while they basically nerfed one-timers... but I'm pretty sure with how easily the CPU can score in this game you need wristers to be easy haha.

FWIW, I haven't found just average wristers to work well - whenever I score from a wrister, it's from a shot I should be scoring on most the time. Ie: Alone at the top of the hashmarks, or cutting across the middle and putting one top corner through traffic.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was finding the same thing. I did the built in face off tutorial and really started paying attention to the handedness of the opponent and it helped a lot.
    DUDE< you changed my life. I did the in game tutorial and I now DOMINATE at face offs... wow did the subtle changes make a difference. I find you NEED to pick a grip to win AND the timing was changed from previous versions.

#Rep2You
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Yea, I've fiddled with the coaching strategies and stuff.

As far as ~90 range goalie, I tried soooo hard to get one. Pretty much destroyed my GM rep trying to get Price or Lundy.
    i'm not to familiar w/ the offline GM. do you have a GM rep that makes people trust you? like pursuasion? if you keep offering bad trades they dislike you and won't deal?
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    DUDE< you changed my life. I did the in game tutorial and I now DOMINATE at face offs... wow did the subtle changes make a difference. I find you NEED to pick a grip to win AND the timing was changed from previous versions.

#Rep2You
    Going to have to check this out...

i'm not to familiar w/ the offline GM. do you have a GM rep that makes people trust you? like pursuasion? if you keep offering bad trades they dislike you and won't deal?
    GM Rep affects the number of phones you get during draft/trade deadline and if you have a good GM rep with a team they're more likely to give you a more favorable deal than one you have poor rep with.

Also, wristers are way more effective than in prior years while they basically nerfed one-timers... but I'm pretty sure with how easily the CPU can score in this game you need wristers to be easy haha.

FWIW, I haven't found just average wristers to work well - whenever I score from a wrister, it's from a shot I should be scoring on most the time. Ie: Alone at the top of the hashmarks, or cutting across the middle and putting one top corner through traffic.
    not sure why they nerfed the one timers so bad... the goalie makes rediculous cross crease dive saves... OK sure, have them dive... but why not more variance in the save chance... they block everything if they dive!

not sure why they nerfed the one timers so bad... the goalie makes rediculous cross crease dive saves... OK sure, have them dive... but why not more variance in the save chance... they block everything if they dive!
    What makes it even worse than when they do a cross-crease dive to make an amazing stop is when they just stretch out the glove across the net or something and make it look like they're saving a shot from the point rather than a beautifully executed one-timer.

Dobber Sports Icon

Don't get to play much these days. I got hooked on HUT in NHL 12 but the version this year really sucks. Been playing mostly offline Be a GM.

Face-offs took some getting used to but the tutorial helped a ton! Definitely go through it.

Finding a lot of issues with protecting a lead late in the game. Seems like the computer goes into God mode every other game if they are down by a goal or two late in the third.

All in all its not a bad game but I don't enjoy it as much as 12.

Feel free to add me W0NK0THESANE42 (the "0"s are zeroes) on 360 but I'm not on all that often. You may get a game or two against me though.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Thing is so many of the prospect/player ratings are so messed. Like MIN has one of best prospect pools in the league... Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, etc... none of them become anything better than depth NHLers at best. Same goes for Florida... aside from Huberdeau, don't think any of them become significant.

Hell, even with the Oil, Yakupov takes until mid-late 20's to hit 80+ (I edited him and a few other players such as Mackinnon, otherwise he wouldn't even crack my roster).

And to top it off, players you can get at the top end of the draft turn out better than any existing players/prospects.

Baertschi and Huberdeau are pretty much the best prospects in the game (as for existing prospects).
    my friend simmed a season w/ Yaks beside crosby and he hit 80 after a season. depends the minutes/performance ... right?

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Don't get to play much these days. I got hooked on HUT in NHL 12 but the version this year really sucks. Been playing mostly offline Be a GM.

Face-offs took some getting used to but the tutorial helped a ton! Definitely go through it.

Finding a lot of issues with protecting a lead late in the game. Seems like the computer goes into God mode every other game if they are down by a goal or two late in the third.

All in all its not a bad game but I don't enjoy it as much as 12.

Feel free to add me W0NK0THESANE42 (the "0"s are zeroes) on 360 but I'm not on all that often. You may get a game or two against me though.
    I noticed as well, GOD MODE for the CPU... lol. i'm "ICEVENOM" on ps3 if anyone wants to add me. I agree about the tutorial for faceoffs. game changer!
    Last edited by icevenom; October 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Play Nyquist or Huberdeau on the top or second line for your team and they turn into mid 80's in one year.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Play Nyquist or Huberdeau on the top or second line for your team and they turn into mid 80's in one year.
    is it line time/placement? TOI? performance? linemates? what are the factors?

If only playing every player on the first line would make them a star... *thinks of stajan in toronto*

my friend simmed a season w/ Yaks beside crosby and he hit 80 after a season. depends the minutes/performance ... right?

I noticed as well, GOD MODE for the CPU... lol. i'm "ICEVENOM" on ps3 if anyone wants to add me. I agree about the tutorial for faceoffs. game changer!
    My Yakupov is at an 88 but that's because I edited him :P

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Huberdeau and Bartschi are arguably the two best real prospects - both jump up to an 86 after one year of junior.

If only playing every player on the first line would make them a star... *thinks of stajan in toronto*
    It's part randomness, part potential, part ice time, part team performance, part role usage.

Ie: You could have Yakupov top line all season and miss playoffs. You could have Yakupov second line all season and make playoffs. Chances are he'll experience more growth in the latter.

The rule I've heard is if you want growth, put the player in a better role than they're labelled as. Ie: if a player is labelled 2nd line F, play him on first line.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, play him on the top PP unit and top or second line. Try to give him as many minutes as you can and he will be a star the next year.

Dyz- Sven, Hubs and Nyquist are the fastest developing prospects in the game, trust me.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

My tag for PS3 is dyzfunctioned

Not on a ton but feel free to add me.

Dobber Sports Pro

my teammates in BAP are god awful terrible. so slow with making a pass.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop