Thread: A Fantasy KHL League? Yes!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default A Fantasy KHL League? Yes!

Hello everyone! It is sad that the Between The Lines column is locked out just like the NHL but we have created something that at least will help any fantasy hockey withdrawal that is still out there.

We have created the Fantasy KHL with the blessing of yes the KHL via their marketing arm, Gazzprom (in the US). It is a very simple league and here is the link to the article.

As I gauge interest, I will have an idea of how many divisions to make, etc. This has been quite the endeavor and I can not thank Dobber and everyone here for all of their support.

Sincerely,

Chris Wassel
    Keeper of the sacred fantasy hockey word and also a lover of bacon, pork roll, and of course all sorts of line combinations.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Awesome news Chris. Way to go and thanks for keeping the fantasy hockey sporit alive.

Dobber Sports Novice

I definitely miss my "Between The Lines" columns on here....if there is a way I can do them for the minors I am definitely going to consider it. So this year, I am in a Fantasy Memorial Cup, AHL, and now KHL into the mix. Its a departure but a fun one nonetheless.
    Keeper of the sacred fantasy hockey word and also a lover of bacon, pork roll, and of course all sorts of line combinations.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interesting! Too bad I can't join you guys, since I have already organized a KHL fantasy league. Normally, I run two NHL fantasy leagues, and we have conducted our drafts as we always do in September... but nine of us (from both leagues) are conducting a KHL fantasy draft right now as well. Unless something drastic happens to the NHL lockout, we will start our KHL fantasy season on October 23.

I do have Russian TV online, so I can watch a lot of KHL games, either live or recorded. And all nine of us are Russians or Russian-Americans, so we can easily follow the KHL online. :-)