Thread: 0-4! AP for a QB?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 0-4! AP for a QB?

Hi all....I'm looking for a discussion on how to try to salvage my season after a disasterous 0-4 start. Long story short, my QB is Vick...who I anticipate will go down to injury at some point. 2 managers in my league want to try to snag Adrian Peterson off of me, but I think the gain that I would realize through an upgrade at QB would be more than offset by the deficit that would be created by trading away my top RB.

Please take a minute to have a look and give me your thoughts. Our scoring is pretty close to standard, except we use IDPs and team D. Here's my roster:

1 QB: Vick
    2 WR: D. Thomas, D. Jackson
    2 RB: A. Peterson, D. Murray
    1 TE: B. Pettigrew
    2 Flex (W/T/R) C. Johnson (RB) R. Williams (RB)
    BN: M. Floyd (WR), F. Davis (TE), B. Hartline (WR), K. Britt (WR), M. Crabtree (WR), D. Richardson (RB)

1 K: Tynes
    1 DEF: San Fran
    2 DB: Woodson, Hall
    2 DL: Peppers, Mathis
    2 LB: Lee, Weatherspoon, Briggs

My back-up QB was Alex Smith, but I dropped him to pick up Hartline. Best QBs on the waiver wire are Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Cutler, Ponder, Smith.

1 manager in my league has both Brady and RG3, and he wants AP. Another has already offered me Cam Newton....he's also willing to part with Ryan Matthews for cheap. I thought about this for a while, but I just don't think the upgrade from Vick is significant enough to justify parting with Peterson, especially considering the performance of CJ2K thus far. Still, Vick will get hurt at some point, and I am 0-4.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Achilles; October 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd hang tight and just roll with a back-up QB.

Ponder is a good option this week & R-Fitz is a good option in following weeks (I wouldn't start him this week against SF).

If you part with AP, you are dead in the water.
    You've gotten some bad luck with Chris Johnson - I think you are better off crossing your fingers.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't mind the Mathews and Newton for Ap. but look at Brady maybe offer up Vick and AP for Brady and a RB 2.
    Yahoo keeper (10) 10 TEAMS Standard Scoring
    G(5) A(3) Pims(.25) Shots(.1) Blocks(.1) GWG(3) SHG(3) PPG(1) +-(1) W(10) L(-5) GA(-1) Saves(.2) SO(10)
    3 C 3 RW 3 LW 6 D 2 G 5 Bench 2 IR 1 IR+

C: Thornton Datsyuk (LW) Eakin Nylander (RW)
    LW: Gaudraue Pacioretty Galchenyuk (LW) Burakovsky
    RW: Stone Williams Kucherov Jagr
    D: Subban Muzzin E. Ekman-Larsson Vatanen Paryako J. Schultz
    G: Elliot Luongo F.Anderson C.Johnson
    IR: Schneider Seguin (C)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Hi all....I'm looking for a discussion on how to try to salvage my season after a disasterous 0-4 start. Long story short, my QB is Vick...who I anticipate will go down to injury at some point. 2 managers in my league want to try to snag Adrian Peterson off of me, but I think the gain that I would realize through an upgrade at QB would be more than offset by the deficit that would be created by trading away my top RB.

Please take a minute to have a look and give me your thoughts. Our scoring is pretty close to standard, except we use IDPs and team D. Here's my roster:

BN: M. Floyd (WR), F. Davis (TE), B. Hartline (WR), K. Britt (WR), M. Crabtree (WR), D. Richardson (RB)

My back-up QB was Alex Smith, but I dropped him to pick up Hartline. Best QBs on the waiver wire are Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Cutler, Ponder, Smith.

1 manager in my league has both Brady and RG3, and he wants AP. Another has already offered me Cam Newton....he's also willing to part with Ryan Matthews for cheap. I thought about this for a while, but I just don't think the upgrade from Vick is significant enough to justify parting with Peterson, especially considering the performance of CJ2K thus far. Still, Vick will get hurt at some point, and I am 0-4.

Any thoughts?
    That team looks solid. I'd wait it out a bit like Pengwin suggested. AP is too much to give up and then you'll be sitting with two good QBs and lack of depth at RB. With those flex positions, you want depth at RB.

Fitzpatrick would be a good pickup. See if the Stafford or Eli Manning owner is frustrated and throw Vick+ at him (I'd be selling Hartline now -- he'll be worth a lot less in a couple weeks).

I'm guessing that if you sit tight, your record will start turning itself around too.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

I've been looking at this one for a while now, but I'm not really sure what I would do. Vick+AP for Cam+Mathews seems pretty nice as I think Mathews will outperform AP for the rest of the season.

BUT, I do think getting a top WR will help your team even more. I just got Nicks for my BJGE, so maybe his owner in your league is fed up with him as well?

My favorite buy lows right now: Trent Richardson, Mathews, SJax, Nicks, Dez Bryant.

They wont be cheap, but if you can get something like Trent+Nicks for AP+Crabtree you are definitely winning. People treat SJax like his dead, but I actually like what he did last weekend. Nobody has more rushing yards vs Seattle so far this year and he did it in only 18 carries. Sure it is just over 3 YPC, but that defence is good and he looked good. Also got flagged and lost a nice run and a decent run+TD. Not saying he would be your RB1 but if you can get something like Trent+SJax+Nicks for AP+Thomas or something?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post

Any thoughts?
    Keep AP.

Get rid of a WR and add Fitzpatrick. No way he should not be owned. He's the leading passer in TDs. Yeah, he throws picks, but so what b/c his TD and yardages offsets that. Dude is putting up better pts than a lot of QBs who are better than him in real life and should be better in fantasy.

Besides, he plays the Pats twice and the Jets twice - no Revis. Mia is scaring no one either.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks to all. I repped those that I could.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov