Thread: To all who write the Daily ramblings..

Dobber Sports Deity

Default To all who write the Daily ramblings..

First off, great job. Its one of the first places I go in the mornings before hitting the forums.

My reason for posting, a few weeks ago I remember one of you writing reasons why you should continue to hold your fantasy drafts. I was wondering who wrote that little section and if you could repost it for me here. One of my leagues is waivering on whether to hold the draft now or continue to wait it out. I want the draft to go ahead but certain GMs are waivering on it. This league has been around for 15+ years (the league in my sig) and the last time there was a lockout they held their draft even though the NHL missed the entire year. The last place guy landed OV (no surprise). The following year the league held a lottery (similar to the NHL) and the same GM also landed Crosby. Now certain GMs are afraid the same thing will happen this year with Yakupov and quite possibly MacKinnon going to the same GM.

Take a guess who's picking 1st overall.

Thus my request. I just remember being some excellent points as to why the drafts should continue to roll so I want to present those facts I read a few weeks ago to the other GMs. If you can remember posting it and repost it here for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I dont know if its the article youre refering to , but I sent this one to the commish in my league because we had the same questionning

After he read it , we decided to have the draft even tho we dont know if we gonna have a season

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...ice&Itemid=117

hope it helps ... and yes you should draft!
    12 teams keeper league (keep 6 + 1 rookie) H2H points only

Rookie = less than 23 years old and never reached 60pts for a forward / 40 pts for a D

Start : C RW LW S D D G
    Points are : A/G = 1 pt W = 2 pts SO = 1pt

C - Seguin Giroux Stepan
    LW - Huberdeau (R) Parise Tlusty
    RW - Eberle Hornqwist Hemsky Scheifele
    D - Schultz Gardiner Goligoski Brodie Sekera Zidlicky
    G - Fleury Crawford Raanta Greiss

Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

One consideration to having a draft is just to get a league established.
    I think Yahoo! might be shutting down there draft input at some finite date.

In my friends & family league, I'm going to dummy draft for every team with scrubs.
    We'll have an offline draft if there is an NHL season (since it's not the most passionate group) and then I can just allow those teams to pick-up their players and drop the scrubs.

Dobber Sports Pro

We're having similar debates in my leagues. The ramblings have helped me justify my stance on having the draft as well.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Stud

The NHL held a 2012 draft. Fantasy leagues should hold their 2012 drafts as well.

Shouldn't make a difference that your fantasy league holds its draft in October instead of during summer.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The NHL held a 2012 draft. Fantasy leagues should hold their 2012 drafts as well.

Shouldn't make a difference that your fantasy league holds its draft in October instead of during summer.
    Not quite what I am asking. My league is considering not holding a draft at all this year if the league stays locked out for the entire year. Basically, if the NHL stays locked out all year, some members of my league dont want to draft this year at all and throw everyone from this years draft into next years draft and make 1 draft from 2 years worth of prospects. Go back and read my original post to see why.

I remember a few weeks ago, and I am pretty sure it was in the daily ramblings, one of the head writers wrote a small piece on why leagues should draft whether theres a lockout or not. Thats what I am looking for. I am regretting not copying the info down now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess I wasn't clear. You asked should we hold our draft now or wait it out. My answer: in a keeper league, I assume you are drafting players from the previous NHL draft and other available players. What I was saying is, the NHL draft actually took place this year so our position in my league at least is our draft should also go ahead.

I'm sure there are more sophisticated reasons to justify it, but to me that' s a pretty simple rule of thumb. Follow what the NHL does.

Banned

Dobber wrote this in his Sept. 24 Ramblings:

Frankly, keeper leaguers - postponing a draft is a mistake. If you postpone your draft to wait for the lockout resolution you run into problems. First of all, what if the season is cancelled? You want double the draft crop next year? Secondly, if the lockout is settled say early November, the season will start within three weeks of that day. Can you really gather your entire league together on short notice and expect good attendance? Whereas the current draft date was probably going to get you full attendance…Anyway, my advice - let the draft go on.

Administrator

To me it all depends on the league rules, the commish and the GMs. Every league is different, and some of the rules can help sway the decision one way or the other. Hopefully the commish has his finger on the pulse and can make the correct judgment call.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm drafting for one league, and postponing for the other.

Just see what the consensus in your league is.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified