Thread: Is there a limit on pushing back draft (Y!)?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Is there a limit on pushing back draft (Y!)?

Hey guys, rookie commish for a keeper league this year and wondered in light of the lockout. Obviously, I'm not going to make the players in the league draft for a while. Is there a limit on how far I can push back the draft, or does Yahoo! have a cut off date that all leagues must be drafted by?

Thanks in advance - if there is a cutoff, I'm going to push the oustanding 3 managers from the league to join.
    Yahoo! Keeper League (5 keepers)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, FW, shots, hits, blocks, W, sv%, GAA, SO

C: Seguin, Toews, Krejci, Bjugstad, Nelson
    RW: Tarasenko, Hayes, Vrbata, Jagr
    LW: E. Kane, JVR, Soderberg, Killorn
    D: OEL, Yandle, Green, Campbell
    G: Halak, Anderson, Hiller

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not sure the link below will work, so I've cut and pasted the important bits from Yahoo. It sounds like they will extend the current last possible draft day (10 Oct), but they give no further details. I've pushed off the draft for the one money league I run until the lockout is settled.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=...RTS_FAN_HOCKEY

"Yahoo! Sports is closely monitoring the NHL lockout. For now, however, we will continue with allowing managers to create, join and draft leagues. If you will, business as usual.

Should the NHL lockout end:

We will adjust the game depending on what happens with the lockout and if the NHL's regular-season schedule is affected.

Ramp up the number of draft times in the weeks before the scheduled season start.

Adjust leagues that use the max games played setting, based on the amount of games that are available"
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket