Thread: Start AP or Andre Brown?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Start AP or Andre Brown?

I've been wavering back and forth on this one...start the stud (Peterson) with an awful matchup or start the unheralded unknown (Brown) with a great matchup? The Vikes could easily go down early, thus killing Peterson's value even more so than the tough run D. If the Vikes have to pass a lot, I could see AP going for like 15 for 40yds and 0TDs. On the other hand, Brown is one or two great plays from David Wilson away from seeing backup-backup duty. Who would you start? This would be for my flex spot since my other two RBs are Foster and BJGE.

Also, I'm considering starting either Carson Palmer or Ryan Fitzpatrick over Peyton Manning. Am I crazy?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Don't overthink things, always go with the stud RB. What you should be asking is BJGE or Brown. If they are starting and healthy my RB1 is Foster and RB2 is AP every week.

I personally am not a huge BJGE fan, I'd rather start Brown then him as a flex personally.

Also start Manning, from what I've seen from Palmer and Fitz, I wouldn't start either of them until they show something. Sure Manning had a terrible week last week, but that ATL D had a really good game plan.

All I can stress, is never overthink matchups, when you have a stud player who is healthy and starting he should be in your lineup every week.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow, I hope you went with Brown!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Wow, I hope you went with Brown!!
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully you went with Brown and AP over BJGE

Dobber Sports Prodigy

...yeah, ended up going going with Foster, AP, and BJGE and had Brown on my bench. Had AP on my bench week 1, Tate on my bench week 2, and Brown on my bench week 3. In my scoring that's 70 points between 3 guys that I've had on my bench thus far. Oh well, such is fantasy football.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pbhockey4 View Post
    ...yeah, ended up going going with Foster, AP, and BJGE and had Brown on my bench. Had AP on my bench week 1, Tate on my bench week 2, and Brown on my bench week 3. In my scoring that's 70 points between 3 guys that I've had on my bench thus far. Oh well, such is fantasy football.
    eventually you will end up on the other end of that, bound to correct over the course of the season
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky