Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: HF Boards: Stressful? Restrictions Too Tight?

Banned

Default HF Boards: Stressful? Restrictions Too Tight?

HFBoards sucks, plain and simple...the moderators are wayyyy out of control, you propose an alternate opinion in a non-offensive manner and you\'ll get blacklisted and locked out in a matter of minutes. They aren\'t interested in open discourse or analysis, just squelching any opinion that differs from their own.

I abhor hockey fans that are so ridiculously biased for their team that they can\'t even see the other side of the argument, never mind appreciate it. I mean I\'m as guilty as anyone in the heat of the moment when my team gets called for what initially appears to be a non-penalty, I scream at the screen, curse the refs, the whole deal...but that\'s what replay is for, and often the replay will show you at least enough to where you can say \'OK its a chintzy penalty, but I can see why they called it\'. And if its a blatant penalty I\'ll always fess up. Argument is part of what makes message boards great, so is common sense and tolerance of other opinions.

Dobber Sports Master

hf\'s fantasy board seems almost limited to sim leagues dobb

when I see someone post a message looking for stat based keeper leagues I pm them with a link to your site

I know all about being a moderator -I created a popular islander board (islandermania)but slowly handed the reigns to someone who does a fantastic job of running the board which has actually become the official board of the isles

I grew tired of settling conflicts and the like

Dobber Sports Rookie

HF boards seems fascist/childish.

There seem to be a lot of 13 year olds, who basically know nothing about hockey pre-2000, and the \"regulars\" who try to treat everyone new like they\'re nothing more than bloody ******s.

Even worse, the fans from each team seem isolated from each other, thanks to their inane trolling mentality.

For this 31 year old Oilers fan, who actually remembers the dynasty, it got a little sickening reading opinions from fans who think Weight-Geurin-Smyth represent excellence.

Let alone the older bitter fans, who conveniently forget that without \"bad guy\" Pocklington, Gretzky wouldn\'t have even been an Oiler to start with.

The internet is supposed to be about free speech.

Once they start controlling it\'s content, people might as well go back to watching tv for their information.

HF Boards is symptomatic of a good idea that gets successful then, the losers who run it cannot deal with it\'s inherent success and start screwing with it until it\'s no longer the original cool thing it started out being.

Happens all the time, sadly.

I...am your father.

Good one!
    Well, hopefully I can hang on here for a few years before things to awry like that...
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:
    Good one!
    Well, hopefully I can hang on here for a few years before things to awry like that...
    B)
    To be honest, no one is really run down here...it\'s like a brotherhood, I have almost stopped posting there altogether as this site seems to have become a LOT more active in just weeks, there is little need for me to leave.
    16 team H2H Dynasty G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIMS, SV%, GAA, W, Saves

C: Tavares, Krejci, Brassard, Turris, Grabovski, O'Reilly
    LW: Nash, Mueller, Kulemin, Pacioretty, Caputi, Gerbe
    RW: Perry, Hudler, Skinner, Brouwer, Ryder, Simmonds, Boll
    D: Weber, Kaberle, Stralman, Del Zotto, Schenn, Meszaros

G: Price, Bryzgalov, Schneider, Allen, Holtby, Harding

Russia: Grebeshkov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

HFBoards has slid far, far downhill. I\'ve hit the \"Contact Us\" link for 3 weeks now and still nothing. Thanks boys, now I have to re-start my account because of the superb moderating team.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

I...am your father.

Just send them a link to this post and tell them I\'m coming for them!
    :lol:

Today:
    HFBoards>DobberHockey in fantasy hockey traffic.

2010:
    DobberHockey>HFBoards in fantasy hockey traffic.

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

They already know. They\'re scared. Animals...
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I thought I was the only one who thought this. The mods have sticks (something) up their asses. They banned me a while back. HF = ZERO personality and way too PC.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hi all, my first post.

Wow. I thought i was the only one who thought HF boards are ridiculous. The mods are control freaks and a majority of the \"community\" who post on the main forum seem top be mostly \"wanna-be-mods. Just about every thread on there has at least one post in it by some jerk declaring \"this thread should be locked.\" Do they actually discuss hockey there? It is comical.

Their team forums are a little better but was pretty annoyed when the Detroit Red Wing mod was trying to convince me that Dallas Drake and Aaron Downey are worthless players on the Wings. I tried to explain why I thought he was wrong about that but it was like talking to a brick wall.

Most of the people who post there really are not knowledgeable enough about the sport to be acting so snobbish. The mods are almost as bad. Nowadays, i just go there only to learn about a specific player in the team forums for my fantasy teams.

I decided to register to this site because it does seem a lot different than HF. People don\'t seem to be back biting everyone on your forums. I look forward to discussing hockey with some of you.

Dobber Sports Guru

welcome to the dobber experience, Jackalpuck! i think you\'ll like things here... most folks are top notch.

Banned

welcome jackalpuck, I too am an HF Boards defector and let me assure you it was the best decision I ever made from a fantasy hockey perspective. You\'ll never go back, trust me!