Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Cards

Dobber Sports Pro

I just bought some Heroes and Prospects and Playoff Contenders the other day didnt get any phenomenal pulls but I did pull a Lindback Auto card from the Contenders and a Kadri/Caron/Adam/Geoffrion quad jersey. I was expecting a little more from both boxes, but they were okay in the end
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Hockey Cards

I thought I remembered a thread about hockey cards on here but I haven't seen anyone post in a while so I thought I would try to revive this one.

I just got back into the hobby (mostly from a buying/selling/flipping/investing standpoint - not so much collecting) and it has really exploded since Covid came along. Is anybody else into hockey cards at all? I like to talk/read about it a lot lately and I really don't want the hassle of joining a 2nd hockey related forum so I'm hoping I can get my fix here lol.

I've been buying collections to break up and sell off, so if anybody has that typical box-in-the-attic that you don't have the time or desire to deal with and would rather exchange it for cash, feel free to let me know and maybe we can make a deal That said, if anyone's at all interested in the hobby in general, feel free to steer the thread in whatever direction you want. Tim Hortons, the upcoming Series 1 Lafrenière release, showing off your old Gretzky RC, whatever you like...

Dobber Sports Immortal

A friend of mine is having a similar experience and he is making a pretty solid chunk of change. I can't believe they are worth what they're going for. It blows my mind,

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I thought I remembered a thread about hockey cards on here but I haven't seen anyone post in a while so I thought I would try to revive this one.

I just got back into the hobby (mostly from a buying/selling/flipping/investing standpoint - not so much collecting) and it has really exploded since Covid came along. Is anybody else into hockey cards at all? I like to talk/read about it a lot lately and I really don't want the hassle of joining a 2nd hockey related forum so I'm hoping I can get my fix here lol.

I've been buying collections to break up and sell off, so if anybody has that typical box-in-the-attic that you don't have the time or desire to deal with and would rather exchange it for cash, feel free to let me know and maybe we can make a deal That said, if anyone's at all interested in the hobby in general, feel free to steer the thread in whatever direction you want. Tim Hortons, the upcoming Series 1 Lafrenière release, showing off your old Gretzky RC, whatever you like...
    I'll have to dig up some of my oldies and take some pics and share them with the crowd here. I have a few but haven't even taken them out of my big old tupperware tub in ages.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'll have to dig up some of my oldies and take some pics and share them with the crowd here. I have a few but haven't even taken them out of my big old tupperware tub in ages.
    Yes, do it!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I sold off most of my collection in the spring and kickstarted an ebay reselling side gig that has done really well through the pandemic.

Pokemon has been insane as well, though prices are starting to pullback a bit now. I might sell of the last few bits of my collection in the next couple months since I am certainly concerned that the bubble is going to burst in the near future for sports cards.

I assume Gary Vaynerchuk will come out with some new idea soon and that will be the new fad for a while!

Dobber Sports Deity

Here's a small snippet of my collection.

20201117_165041.jpg20201117_165314.jpg20201117_165321.jpg20201117_165349.jpg20201117_165444.jpg

The first pic is a package I never opened. The last pic is Gretzky's rookie card.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Dobber Sports Ninja

I remember really wanting that Pat Falloon card at the time.

Dobber Sports Deity

I've got full collections of various seasons in boxes down there.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I've got full collections of various seasons in boxes down there.
    You should probably go through some of those haha

Dobber Sports Star

Here's a small snippet of my collection.

20201117_165041.jpg20201117_165314.jpg20201117_165321.jpg20201117_165349.jpg20201117_165444.jpg

The first pic is a package I never opened. The last pic is Gretzky's rookie card.
    Awesome Gretzky! I'm no expert but it looks real too (mark on shoulder, horrible centering, etc). It's good to see you have it in a top-loader instead of one of those old screw-down cases, but is it just naked in there? You'll want to put it in a penny sleeve if it isn't already (hard to tell for sure from the photo).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Awesome Gretzky! I'm no expert but it looks real too (mark on shoulder, horrible centering, etc). It's good to see you have it in a top-loader instead of one of those old screw-down cases, but is it just naked in there? You'll want to put it in a penny sleeve if it isn't already (hard to tell for sure from the photo).
    The Gretzky is definitely legit. I remember taking it out of the hockey card package with the gum myself when I was 10 years old LOL! It's in a sleeve type of protector where you just slide the card into the top.

Probably the only reason I managed to hang on to it was because my mother had bought me a "hockey locker" to hold my cards in that year.

Dobber Sports Star

The Gretzky is definitely legit. I remember taking it out of the hockey card package with the gum myself when I was 10 years old LOL!
    That makes it even more awesome. Very jealous, although this all happened before I was born

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Damn, Axe.
    You have a Gretzky-R!
    Nice.
    Sometimes I think of buying a Grade-3 or 4, Gretzky rookie... just to have one.
    [Even the low-grade ones go for $500+ on ebay... oof]
    I feel like that's something a die-hard hockey fan SHOULD own... a Gretzky rookie (in any condition).

Props to you.
    (I didn't move to Canada until 1985... and I got into hockey cards in 87... too late to have found a Lemieux-R in packs. Sigh. My multiple Brett Hull-Rs just aren't giving me that Gretzky/Lemieux pride.)