Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Cards

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hockey Cards

Is there any collectors on here? I am a big collector of cards and was wondering if anybody on here also does? Have gotten some pretty good pulls in my years.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I was HUGE into Baseball/Hockey Cards for about 5-6 years.
    Started collecting in 1984 (Topps Baseball) at the age of 7.

I bought my first pack of hockey cards in 1986 and got really into it the following years:
    87-88 O-Pee-Chee/Topps
    88-89 O-Pee-Chee/Topps
    89-90 O-Pee-Chee/Score
    90-91 Upper Deck/Score
    91-92 Upper Deck/Score

I finished grade school in 1991 & then chasing girls quickly started taking over.
    I had the worst choices for spending money on individual cards.

Three guys I remember stock-piling rookie cards of 10+ copies:
    *Jimmy Carson rookies
    *Kevin Stevens rookies
    *Gilbert Dionne rookies

Now... I've heard all those cards were overproduced and are only worth pennies.
    So, I figured I would simply let them collect dust and then give them to a son some day and tell him to "get what he can for them".

I haven't "bought a pack" since probably 1994.
    Good memories, though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am mega into hockey cards. I have collected since the late 80's and still open product today. I sell on ebay some of my pulls too.
    12 team Dynasty league: 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 1util 5BN 3IR
    G A PPP SHP +/- SOG FOW PIM Hits Blocks W GAA SV% SV SO
    C: Spezza Vermette Weiss E. Staal B. Richards
    LW: Higgins, J. Jokinen Neal Parise Ennis Marleau
    RW: Brouwer Knuble Parenteau Pominville Purcell Voracek
    D: Byfuglien Corvo Giordano Hamonic Lydman Robidas Peckham
    G: Anderson Luongo Rinne

Farm: Coyle Geoffrion Gragnani Nyquist Jeffrey Hamilton

Dobber Sports Giant

Smile

i used to be a huge collector from about 88 to about 1994.
    from 1990-1993 i have about 2 complete sets of every card they made.-ridiculous, some primier packs were so crazy priced and youd get like 5 cards. but then moms money was free at the time. THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Cards arent cheap anymore thats for sure but I recently just bought 2 boxes and am waiting for them to come in the mail!

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy33200 View Post
    I am mega into hockey cards. I have collected since the late 80's and still open product today. I sell on ebay some of my pulls too.
    What cards do you like to open today?

Dobber Sports Deity

I wish I had half of the hockey and baseball cards I used to own when I was a kid. The cards I stuck in my bike spokes would probably be fairly valuable today (although cards dont have the same value they did years ago because of the flooded market).

I still remember when I was a kid, my mom had ordered a "hockey locker" for my hockey cards one year. Luckily it was back in '79/80 and somehow I managed to get myself a Gretzky rookie card that year and it was in my "hockey locker" along with other greats from that one particular year. I still have that card today in a hard plastic sleeve thingy, along with other cards that I consider valuable that I had collected over the years when I was younger.

I havent collected or purchased hockey cards in literally years, but I still have a pretty solid collection of random cards and complete sets.

I will be handing those down to my son to keep.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

i did a lot of collecting up until the late 80's / early 90's...
    the industry started to change and i lost interest.
    i still enjoy looking over my collection though and have some beauties, including some that my dad gave me from his childhood dating back to the early 50's...
    never got a bobby orr rookie, but it is the only piece that i really feel that i am missing. funny thing is that i remember seeing a few back in the day in card shops, generally in the price range of $25-50... seemed like too much money at the time, but in hindsight.... damn!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wish I had half of the hockey and baseball cards I used to own when I was a kid. The cards I stuck in my bike spokes would probably be fairly valuable today (although cards dont have the same value they did years ago because of the flooded market).

I still remember when I was a kid, my mom had ordered a "hockey locker" for my hockey cards one year. Luckily it was back in '79/80 and somehow I managed to get myself a Gretzky rookie card that year and it was in my "hockey locker" along with other greats from that one particular year. I still have that card today in a hard plastic sleeve thingy, along with other cards that I consider valuable that I had collected over the years when I was younger.

I havent collected or purchased hockey cards in literally years, but I still have a pretty solid collection of random cards and complete sets.

I will be handing those down to my son to keep.
    Wow that is lucky, I know of lots of people who tell me they wish they had the cards they ruined in bike spokes or throwing them against the wall...that is also part of the reason some of those cards are worth so much however because there is so few left in good condition.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I recently found some of my old hockey cards at my dad's place. Most of it was just crap, but I found my Steve Yzerman collection The only ones I kept aside from the Stevie cards were a bunch of Parkhurst 93/94 Pittsburgh cards. Don't really know what to do with them.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Legend

I've collected hockey cards, books, toys, jerseys and magazines since I was about 5-6 years old. I have every OPC set from 1976-1990. I have about 15,000 cards in my collection total but for the last 8 years or so I've been hand-picking my cards off eBay, SportsCard Forums and the occasional card show. On average I have a steady stream of 4-8 cards a week coming in the mail from eBay. I mostly collect GU jersey cards these days. Here's a link to my Photobucket with a few of my cards - haven't updated it in about 2 years: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...en3/?start=all
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah just started last yr. I've gotten a bunch of cards through those $1 Dollarama Prestine Marketing packs of 15 which are mostly cheap 90s cards. Also got Series 1+2 from the past couple seasons and a few other blasters. So I basically just collect cheap cards for nostalgic scrapbook purposes rather than trading or sellin. I made this thread on HF on designing my own if anyone's interested

A lot of people here have good design skills (I'm not one of them) so why not show them off. Every yr, I like to get the base set for Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 because it includes all the notable players and is pretty cheap for that many cards. But I always like to add the players who retire that yr and put it in a binder. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a card for a player from his last season and even if you do find it, it might not have much in terms of career stats and it will usually never show the stats from his last season unless it's released quite a few yrs later on as some sort of legends or OPC card.

So I decided to design my own for players who retired. I used photoscape because I don't have photo shop and Gimp is annoying to learn. They are a bit rushed but it's my first attempt so I wanna get them printed fast. I made them larger than the avg card (I plan to print these closer to the size of a 4 by 6 inch photo so these are larger than normal). I like to pack as much info in there as possible and keep the design fairly simple (though I will try more complicated stuff once I learn).

In the Lidstrom card, I found a png image of his autograph so added that in. The logos I found from the game directory of the NHL 2004 modern PC mod. Haven't yet done the back yet.

http://s14.postimage.org/osom1xyyn/L...m_Front_V1.png

This is a front and back I did for Staios.

http://s9.postimage.org/z77hn4vvx/St...ontandback.png

Next plan is to make one for Hagman and Pahlsson (left for Europe), Ethan Moreau, and Ian Laperriere (unless someone else uploads a nice one for one of them first lol). Also maybe going back and making some for my favourite Colorado players like Kamensky or Deadmarsh whose card from their last ever season I couldn't find. Lots of players who are current FAs will likely retire or leave for Europe even if there isn't a long lockout (Spacek, Sykora, Knuble, Jason Blake, Rolston, Turco, etc) so lots to make for me. Gonna print them on photo paper and glue them together.

Dobber Sports Initiate

My best pull:

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    My best pull:

That is a brilliant pull. These are a few I recently landed on eBay:

8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    My best pull:

Thats a wicked pull!