Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Washington Capitals

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Washington Capitals

Well this thread hasn’t been written in awhile lol...

So who can help me with samsonov info? Holtby ending his current contract this year but only 29 older but not old. Can we see a shorter deal or longer deal and what would be samsonovs time line look like?

Thanks
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Giant

The issue with Samsonov is that he doesn't appear to be NHL-ready at this point. He's obviously got tons of upside, and has had success in the KHL at a very young age, but his transition to North America hasn't gone as planned. In 37 appearances this year with AHL Hershey, Samsonov posted a 2.70 GAA and .898 Sv% -- not great numbers for the AHL rookie. He followed that up with even worse playoff numbers, putting up 2.99 GAA and .897 Sv% in 5 appearances. He's only 22 years old, but he's still got some development ahead in the AHL before he's ready to take over more responsibility.

I think a realistic timeline, assuming he continues to progress in a positive direction with his AHL time, would be some call-ups this year maybe a couple starts. 20-21 he could begin to wrestle with Copley for the backup position, although there are some questions there since Copley is signed through 2021-22 at a $1.1 million cap hit. I doubt the organization would have given that kind of term to a 27-year old career backup if they were fully confident in Samsonov's ability to take the backup job and perform. I'm sure the organizational plan with Samsonov is to get him as many starts as possible in the AHL, get him accustomed to the long, grueling 80+ game schedule in NA pro hockey, and let him dominate in the AHL before getting the backup gig in Washington -- and eventually transitioning into their starter.

The Holtby contract situation is an interesting one, in the sense that I'm really not sure what kind of term Washington will be looking to give him. His last couple regular seasons have been mediocre in terms of Sv% relative to his career numbers, but he is still only a season removed from an incredible Stanley Cup run in which he definitely cemented himself as one of the best playoff goaltenders of this modern era. Seriously, just look at his career numbers in the playoffs. They're positively sick. He will be 30 in September, so there is some question about his age if they are thinking about max term or anything like that. Given his resume, I'm sure he will be looking for an AAV that is comparable to some other top netminders. Not quite Price / Bobrovsky money, but he shouldn't be too far off. I would guess $8.5 million, but if the Capitals try to keep the term down that might result in a higher AAV. Really, this should be an interesting situation to follow because the Holtby extension is going to tell us a lot about how the organization views Samsonov right now.

A shorter deal wouldn't surprise me, maybe something like 4 years x $8.5 million? I would guess Holtby is going to have a great season, re-sign for at least the next 4-5 years, and we'll have our answer with Samsonov. Perhaps by the last year of that deal, Samsonov will be beginning to take over from Holtby.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Magnificent One

Thanks for that info super detailed and helpful. Trying to acquire him but wondering if I am over thinking his value
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Thanks for that info super detailed and helpful. Trying to acquire him but wondering if I am over thinking his value
    It's probably a good time to acquire Samsonov coming off a down year, although his value may dip further with news of a Holtby extension. I get the feeling Holtby is about to have a monster season in a contract year to secure his next paycheck, and that's going to be the perfect time to acquire Samsonov.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Magnificent One

Why was samsanov sent down?

Dobber Sports Titan

Leipsic's contract to be terminated
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Shocker - Not shocked.

Just the beginning on this type of locker room culture.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

That's probably the end of him in the NHL. Too many alternatives available for teams to bother with a 4th liner with baggage.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Leipsic's contract to be terminated
    Man, it's tough seeing this stuff. Of course, they apologize after they get caught. When are folks going to realize that if you put it on the internet, it's always on the internet. SMH....
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Man, it's tough seeing this stuff. Of course, they apologize after they get caught. When are folks going to realize that if you put it on the internet, it's always on the internet. SMH....
    Well... he's getting roasted online for the apology. It's a screen shot of an apology. I mean, did he even write it? is it even his?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Well... he's getting roasted online for the apology. It's a screen shot of an apology. I mean, did he even write it? is it even his?
    At this point, it doesn't matter. You cant put the genie back in the bottle, even if the bottle was never meant to be found.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Dude made fun of his teammates and his teammates sig others. No way this guy was coming back to the Caps. Plus the amount of NHLers wives/gfs he made fun of on the screenshots pretty much means he's not going to get signed. He's not good enough to deal with that.

Honestly, if he's making fun of his teammates/linemates to his brother and AHLer friends in a group chat and talking about weekend hangouts, something tells me he didn't mesh well in a locker room. I kinda wanted to see him come back to just see how many people were going to fight him.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What Leipsic did/said was very unfortunate but also inexcusable.. You are an NHL player, you are living the dream, these comments are way over the line.. At first blush, I actually felt bad for him.. But then I thought, this guy really treats others, in particular women, like this.. It's a tough lesson but one that everyone has to learn from.. Degrading women should never be accepted and by seeing the Washington Capitals actions towards this matter, they agree..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What Leipsic did/said was very unfortunate but also inexcusable.. You are an NHL player, you are living the dream, these comments are way over the line.. At first blush, I actually felt bad for him.. But then I thought, this guy really treats others, in particular women, like this.. It's a tough lesson but one that everyone has to learn from.. Degrading women should never be accepted and by seeing the Washington Capitals actions towards this matter, they agree..
    My guess is the capitals terminated him for the remarks he made about his teammates (and not about other women). I also have the feeling this would have been excusable if it were Alex Ovechkin or any top-end player.

While I definitely support the actions of Capitals, I have a small degree of sympathy for Leipsic because this was a hack/leak of private conversations. Definitely a lesson for social media users...

Dobber Sports Master