Thread: Daniel Alfredsson's "extension"

I...am your father.

Default Daniel Alfredsson's "extension"

Pay attention to his 'extension'.

I remind you of my ramblings here:
    http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...bling&Itemid=1

In which I said that Ryan Suter will be FAR underpaid when he is 36, 37, 38...and I said that he won't care if he gets the same amount of money - just most of it he already got in the front half. When the time comes, all he will see is very little reason to come back and a team that could be desperate to get him back.

The answer? Give him an "extension". This extension will pay him what he is worth...plus back-pay him for the years where he was "underpaid" (even though he wasn't underpaid, he got the money in advance).

So what is Alfredsson worth? Leadership, 55 or 60 points...you have to think that's good for $4 million or $4.5 million. So if his extension is for one year at $6.5 million...then we know he's getting $2 million of that to make up for the 2012-13 season.

He's forgotten all about how he is actually getting paid $4.875 million for the 2012-13 season - he just got most of that money in the early years of this current contract.

Watch for it. This was my point when I rambled about Suter in the above link.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Actually, I said he's worth $4.5 million...but since we're talking about 2013-14 perhaps $4 million is more accurate. But you get the point.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi