Thread: Keeper Question *REP

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper Question *REP

I have a keeper question. Keepers in my league cannot be dropped and I'm having trouble picking my 4th keeper. I have a QB and 2 RB's kept as my first 3.
    FOr my 4th I have the choice between Kenny Brit, Antonio Brown and Aaron Hernandez. Who would you keep?

Kenny Britt - ACL surgery and off-field issues. Has the best upside by far though.

A.Brown - Does Mike Wallace hold out help or hinder him? Helps by giving him more targets, hinders by not having someone take away double coverage. Pitts without Mendenhall may go more pass heavy but have we seen Brown's peak already. Kind of early but he doesn't have the size to become elite but then again neither does Steve Smith or Welker. He won't be a red-zone target so TD's will be hard to come by. Also Ward retired, so many questions around him.

A.Hernandez - Well there's Welker, Gronk and now Lloyd. He was 3rd last year in TE scoring though. Worthy of a keeper spot?

Obviously Britt is the biggest risk/reward. Who do you like better Brown or Hernandez? and then would you take them over Britt?

Dobber Sports Novice

In a keeper league you keep Britt. No quesiton

Dobber Sports Padawan

Britt for me.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Not me

I keep Aaron Hernandez - I can replace WR later in the draft and Britt's having trouble staying on the field and not in a squad car. Aaron Hernandez is the 2nd best TE on his own team, but probably 3rd best in the league.

Britt's a very good WR, but not elite.

Dobber Sports Pro

Brown

I believe he's hardly being talked about this year, so I'll throw a couple figures out there. (I wasn't even aware of these stats until I just researched them now)

2011-12 Targets
    Antonio Brown: 124
    Mike Wallace: 113

Yards at catch
    Antonio Brown: 11
    Mike Wallace: 9.7

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Brown is a greater threat than Wallace, but I'm pointing at the fact Brown ain't no slouch, and the pass-heavy Steelers offense loves this guy. If your league counts punt return points too, Brown is a special teams STUD so that adds even more value to this 24-year old's fantasy upside.

Britt

Britt I believe has the better physical size to be more of a star than the smaller slot-sized Brown (like you mentioned), but for me he is really injury prone.

Hernandez

With Lloyd now there, I'm not sold on there being enough ball to throw around for him to be as productive as last year while competing with Gronks-Lloyd-Welker-Branch for touches.

In conclusion, I'd probably go with Britt and as soon as he has a good week ship him and his big name out for someone better than Brown or Hernandez in a trade to a sucker who thinks this guy will actually remain healthy

If you don't want to take this route, which can be risky, as it relies on Britt actually having a productive week before he gets injured, and involves a trading partner believing in his health, then I'd keep Brown as per the reasons noted above. I think this route would give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Hope this helps! Cheers
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; July 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd pick based on your other keepers.

If you think you need the "upside" to win the pool... go Britt.
    If you want to go with something more steady... go A.Brown.

I wouldn't go with Hernandez... too buried.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like Britt's the way to go. Brown being close. Those were the 2 I was debating most between. Britt's the guy who can come in and get you a lot of points but maybe only play half a season. Whereas Brown will come in and get you a less but more consistent score.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Can you post your scoring system? If it's PPR I would not keep Britt. Too many question marks going into training camp. I would go with Brown or Hernandez for sure in a PPR league, slightly favoring Hernandez.

Non-PPR I could recommend keeping Britt for the upside

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'd actually have Britt as the 3rd choice of the 3. We've seen plenty of players with a ton of talent simply flame out because they couldn't stay out of trouble.

To me it's a toss-up between Brown and Hernandez. Both of them have teammates who require double-coverage (Wallace and Gronk/Lloyd) so they should post healthy numbers beating a single defender. If it's a PPR I'd go Hernandez and if not I'd probably go Brown, especially if it's a return yards league.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DelZottoOverRated View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Seems like Britt's the way to go. Brown being close. Those were the 2 I was debating most between. Britt's the guy who can come in and get you a lot of points but maybe only play half a season. Whereas Brown will come in and get you a less but more consistent score.
    Exactly! That's precisely why I say up above keep Britt, but then trade him after he has a really good week or couple of good weeks to start the year. Good luck with your decision!
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Brown is the keeper here hands down

Hernandez will be the fourth mouth to feed in the aerial game
    Britt is just never going to get his career on track
    Brown has talent and opportunity to keep a prominent spot on a pretty good team with a pretty good qb
    My Football Pool
    12 team keeper league . Protect 5 .
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds
    TD ONLY. td worth six points . Standard points for kicker.

Andrew Luck, MEGATRON, Dez Bryant, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin

My hockey pool - standard points 1 pnt goal/assist
    Start 12 F , 6D, 2G 1pnt goalie win/5 per shutout
    Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves