Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Q&A Fire Away - July 22, 2012

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Hey Dobbs, thanks for this!

I am in a 12 team Roto keep 16. It only G, A, P, +/-, PIM for skaters and W, SHO for goalies. I took over a team in need of a rebuild, so I am still a few years away. There are full positional requirements, but I am not worried about that just yet. I am not experienced in leagues with so few categories, and tend to do really well in one year roto, multi cat, max games played leagues.

Who is worth keeping around?

G, A, P, +/-, PIM

Forwards

Patrick Sharp
    Bobby Ryan
    Jordan Eberle
    Nathan Horton - drop
    Jakub Voracek
    Chris Kunitz
    Brad Marchand - drop
    Jamie McGinn - drop
    Ryan O'Reilly
    P.A. Parenteau
    Teddy Purcell
    Jaden Schwartz
    Craig Smith - drop
    Sven Baertschi

Defence

Ryan McDonagh - drop
    Erik Johnson
    Ryan Whitney
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dan Hamhuis - drop
    Kyle Quincey - drop
    Chris Pronger IR - drop

Goaltending
    W, SHO

Marc-Andre Fleury
    Robin Lehner
    James Reimer

I noted drops above. Last drop was down to Marchand, O'Reilly, Schwartz, Lehner or Whitney. Since you're rebuilding and your defense sucks, I ruled out Whitney, Lehner and Schwartz. So between Marchand and O'Reilly I prefer O'Reilly. That's the thinking. What you need to do now is full focus on defensemen. If a superstar forward falls in your lap (i.e. Yakupov) then you have to draft him, but otherwise focus on D as much as you can.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidprairiedog View Post
    thanks dobber,

i do like rinne better than neuvirth and lindback, but would you keep rinne or look for another forward via trade to keep and draft one of: bryz, ward, kipper, pavelec, brodeur, anderson, lehtonen or varlamov.

there will be lots of goalies available at the draft (there are every year) but there aren't always a lot of forwards or d-men. goalies are definitely easier to redraft.
    If you are confident you can draft Bryzgalov, then trade Lindback for a forward. I say trade Lindback because his value is inflated right now, whereas Rinne is undervalued. Owners are scared of him because of the Weber thing.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja View Post
    What do you think about the Neuvirth/Holtby situation this season? Does one get moved next season a la Varlamov, or do they continue with a tandem?
    Holtby will be the guy. Nobody gets traded until the Caps see what they have. They are hoping Holtby will emerge as a stud and Neuvirth shows that he is too good to be a backup. Then they can trade Neuvirth next summer. Won't happen before then. And maybe not even then. They need to wait for Grubauer, who is still two years off.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by beeinine View Post
    thank you sir

is WAS's goalie situation now a 1a/1b type situation? or does 1 of them get moved next year as both become RFA's?

JVR... upside in TOR? will he thrive as the center?

will Yandle be traded? to EDM perhaps?

upside for SAAD?

thank you again.
    1. Answered in the post above
    2. JVR will thrive as a center to the point that it surprises. Only thing to stop this bold prediction is health - he gets hurt a lot. That could disrupt his development into a stud.
    3. Yes. Who knows where. EDM would be nice that's for sure. At this point that would be my guess...but 1/29 chance we're correct!
    4. I think he can be a low-70s player, and this year he'll debut at 40 points or so.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by gretzkytolemieux View Post
    Points only keeper. Huberdeau or Granlund... who and why? Thank you!
    Granlund.
    Just a hunch, no concrete reason for it. Both are on track to be elite players. Both are in great looking organizations in terms of future and a piece of paper couldn't fit between the two.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by bills09 View Post
    gonna try and sneak one in..

Projections for Dougie Hamilton+Brenden Dillon including hits/bs?
    As it so happens, Boston and Dallas are complete in my Fantasy Guide right now. So I'll look them up and give you exact:

Dougie Hamilton: 9GP 1G 2A 3Pts, 2 PIM, Hits & BS not projected.

Brenden Dillon: 40GP 3G 13A 16Pts, 36 PIM, 40 BS, 75 Hits

Administrator

Are you still high on Chris Mueller's chances of making it in Nashville? Is his new two-way deal the same kiss of death you said it is for other older prospects?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

OK 15 team league rotisserie, 10 keepers, one a gk. Pretty much thinking gonna keep

RNH,Weiss,Richards
    Havlat
    Ennis
    OEL, Streit, Kronvall
    Anderson

Last keeper down to Nyquist, B Smith or Hodgson. Not sure which one at this point. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Stats in sig.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hi Dobber,

With the league in my sig below, and keeping in mind that gwg will be replaced by BS after this coming season..

Who would be your first two picks out of:
    Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Skinner, J.Staal, Purcell, JvR, Duchene?

Also i have a prospect keeper, who would you keep out of:
    Bernier, B.Smith, Nyquist, Turris?

Thanks
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks as always.

Would like your thoughts on some low end guys for a 30 team, points only 25 man roster league. Slim pickings but these are the guys that can make or break a team in a 30 team league.

Lombardi- will he ever be fantasy relevant again ie. say 42- 45+ points

Joensuu- has one year to impress NYI. Will he and proj. points?

Bobby Butler- can he find a spot in the Sens roster this year or next and put up points?

Kaberle- points for this season

Nikitin- points for this season
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Stud

A couple more-

Rinne or Schneider- (wins and SO catg.) for next year

Luke Adam- worth holding onto on a 5 man farm team (25 yrs. old or younger) could he crack the Buff roster in a year or two and re-establish his game?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for doing this Dobber.

Ottawa's got a glut of talented forwards. Which of Silfverberg, Zibanejad and/or Stone do you see actually keeping a spot in the top 6 in Ottawa this year?

Or does the forgotten Peter Regin reclaim one of those spots?

Dobber Sports Guru

Hey Dobber thanks for doing this, started a thread about this but I figured id throw it in here as well.

Its bit of a long post but wanted to give you all the info. The real questions are bolded below.

13 GM, 30 player, points only keeper. The top 12 forwards, 4 Defenceman and 1 Goalie count at the end of the year. We keep 12 F, 4 D and 1 G + any prospects with less than 150 NHL games played.

I have the 3rd and 12th overall in the entry draft with the same players available as the 2012 NHL entry draft. I also have the 3rd and 12th and 29th overall in our waiver draft which covers and free agents and or dropped/unprotected players.

My team is currently as follows: (2 empty roster spots to be filled at draft time)

Protect list:

Claude Giroux
    Anze Kopitar
    Patrick Kane
    Tomas Fleischmann
    Martin Erat
    Michael Cammalleri
    Artem Anisimov
    Matt Duchene
    James Van Riemsdyk
    Michael Frolik
    Curtis Glencross
    Martin Hanzal

Alexander Edler
    Dion Phaneuf
    Kevin Shattenkirk
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Marc-Andre Fleury

Prospects:
    Zac Dalpe
    Nino Niederreiter
    Evgeny Kuznetsov
    Mikael Granlund
    Nazem Kadri
    Gustav Nyquist

David Rundblad
    Dmitri Orlov
    Adam Larsson
    Brendan Smith

Jonathan Bernier

My two entry draft picks will get my roster size back up to the max of 30 but my next three picks in the waiver draft will require me to drop 3 players in order to make room for acquisitions.

So my questions are; who are the 3 most expendable assets on my team (incl. prospects)? and who would you rank as the top 5 of the available free agents (listed below)?

Saad, Silfverberg, Stone, Conacher, Telegin, Atkinson, Smith-Pelley, Rattie, Cervenka, Eakin, Jarnkrok, Mursak, Hansen, Bowman, Butler, P. Dupuis (Pit), Ott, McGinn, D. Jones, Talbot, Cleary, Cullen

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default who to keep

Keepers league, 16 teams, G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, DEF (defensemen points), STP (PPP+SHP)

position are 9 F, 5 D, 2G + some bench. No LW, RW, C comming into play.

I keep 8
    got
    Oveshkin,
    Bakstrom,
    Semin,
    J. Stall,
    Paccioretty,
    Roy,
    Selanne,
    Okposso,

Pietrangelo,
    Yandle,
    Subban,
    Visnovski,

Got Luongo and Miller as my goalie tandem. So that 2 keeper, i need 6 more: Oveshkin, Backstrom Pietrangelo and Yandle are a lock for me, the rest I'm not so sure.

Looking to win now.

Thanks, and great job, love Dobber hockey! going to enroll in the dobber roto entry league this year, failed at 3rd 2 years ago, think I'm eligible to reapply this year. Hope I get lucky and you pick my name (I know it's random).

Cheer

PPK
    Last edited by PsykoPucKiller; July 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    If you are confident you can draft Bryzgalov, then trade Lindback for a forward. I say trade Lindback because his value is inflated right now, whereas Rinne is undervalued. Owners are scared of him because of the Weber thing.
    that was kind of my thinking. thanks dobber.
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)