Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Q&A Fire Away - July 22, 2012

Dobber Sports Guru

Hey Dobber, thanks for doing this.

1. David Savard -- had the nice AHL season, and got some time in last year. What's his upside and next 3-year look like (points-only)?

A year ago, he seemed to have a nice window (only Wiz/Moore really in the way). Now, it's JJ and Murray and Wiz and Moore and....

2. In first round of prospect draft -- with a team that's competitive now and no farms (but room to hang on to 1-2 prospects) -- I might be looking at guys like Henrique and O'Reilly alongside guys like Bjugstad, Rattie, Spooner and Stone. Which way do you lean? Upside or established?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ace

Seguin or Yakupov in a points only keeper?
    Larsson, Shattenkirk or Kulikov in a points only keeper?
    How many points for Purcell next year?

Thanks!
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Icon

Dobber, thanks for this bud.

This is for the league / scoring cats in my sig, how would you rank these guys as potential keepers in my league (tough decisions looming...)

Fleischmann
    Roy
    Perron
    Horton
    Havlat
    Moulson

Thanks!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

Hey Dobbs, thanks for this!

I am in a 12 team Roto keep 16. It only G, A, P, +/-, PIM for skaters and W, SHO for goalies. I took over a team in need of a rebuild, so I am still a few years away. There are full positional requirements, but I am not worried about that just yet. I am not experienced in leagues with so few categories, and tend to do really well in one year roto, multi cat, max games played leagues.

Who is worth keeping around?

G, A, P, +/-, PIM

Forwards

Patrick Sharp
    Bobby Ryan
    Jordan Eberle
    Nathan Horton
    Jakub Voracek
    Chris Kunitz
    Brad Marchand
    Jamie McGinn
    Ryan O'Reilly
    P.A. Parenteau
    Teddy Purcell
    Jaden Schwartz
    Craig Smith
    Sven Baertschi

Defence

Ryan McDonagh
    Erik Johnson
    Ryan Whitney
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dan Hamhuis
    Kyle Quincey
    Chris Pronger IR

Goaltending
    W, SHO

Marc-Andre Fleury
    Robin Lehner
    James Reimer

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Well, I can't let you off the hook easy

Our categories are G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, FOW, Hits, BLK. We're contracting SHG and SHA into SHP for next year and the commish has been talking about adding shootout goals if ESPN were to add that to their mix. I'm a bit apprehensive about that, but I figured that I might as well ask the maestro.

It's a 12 team H2H full keeper, daily changes, start 3 of each forward, 5 D, 2 G and one Utility spot. We have big farms with no GP limits. My team is top three in the league and my wings are the weakest part of the team.

My D are: Seabrook, Phaneuf, Letang, Green, Suter, Garrison, Meszaros, Carlson, Schultz, McBain, Hamilton, Rielly. So yeah, I'm loaded and I want more, but I figured I'd use some of them to upgrade the wingers. The guys here didn't think Havlat was enough for Carlson. Berglund also wasn't enough. My thoughts on Carlson is that he might not become the offensive monster we'd like him to be just because he's so good defensively with Alzner.

Edit: My wingers... Ladd, Clowe, Cammalleri, McGinn, Steen, Morin, Puempel, Bourque, Conacher, Silfverberg, Nyquist, Kane, Lupul, Doan, Stafford, Pominville, Downie, Rattie, Gallagher, Stone
    Carlson will do fine, it will just take longer than we thought because of the philosophy shift, but we'll see what Oates does.
    I would package Gallagher and Carlson and land Blake Wheeler if you can. That type.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Any thoughts on Kiril Petrov coming over? when? upside
    Jamie Oleksiak? How far away? Upside
    thanks
    Oleksiak is a year away from the NHL, possibly two, but he's several years away from producing. I think his upside is 40 points, but he'll be a steady mid-30s guy.

Petrov - I wouldn't count on it. I believe he's in the KHL for two more years now. He's the young Russian whose mother has health problems. More on Petrov here:
    http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...ers&Itemid=129

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Hey Dobber, thanks for doing this.

1. David Savard -- had the nice AHL season, and got some time in last year. What's his upside and next 3-year look like (points-only)?

A year ago, he seemed to have a nice window (only Wiz/Moore really in the way). Now, it's JJ and Murray and Wiz and Moore and....

2. In first round of prospect draft -- with a team that's competitive now and no farms (but room to hang on to 1-2 prospects) -- I might be looking at guys like Henrique and O'Reilly alongside guys like Bjugstad, Rattie, Spooner and Stone. Which way do you lean? Upside or established?
    1. Nikitin and Murray have probably shut that door now. I don't put a lot of trust in him overcoming this, he needed to make more of a mark last year. There's always hope, but he needs a couple of bounces (Murray not making the team, Wiz or Nikita getting hurt)

2. I go with established, if those are the choices.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What do you think about the Neuvirth/Holtby situation this season? Does one get moved next season a la Varlamov, or do they continue with a tandem?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yes I would keep Rinne over those other two. But to be honest, screw what everyone else does I would keep Lindback as well.
    thanks dobber,

i do like rinne better than neuvirth and lindback, but would you keep rinne or look for another forward via trade to keep and draft one of: bryz, ward, kipper, pavelec, brodeur, anderson, lehtonen or varlamov.

there will be lots of goalies available at the draft (there are every year) but there aren't always a lot of forwards or d-men. goalies are definitely easier to redraft.
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Novice

thank you sir

is WAS's goalie situation now a 1a/1b type situation? or does 1 of them get moved next year as both become RFA's?

JVR... upside in TOR? will he thrive as the center?

will Yandle be traded? to EDM perhaps?

upside for SAAD?

thank you again.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Points only keeper. Huberdeau or Granlund... who and why? Thank you!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Carlson will do fine, it will just take longer than we thought because of the philosophy shift, but we'll see what Oates does.
    I would package Gallagher and Carlson and land Blake Wheeler if you can. That type.
    Thanks a lot!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Novice

gonna try and sneak one in..

Projections for Dougie Hamilton+Brenden Dillon including hits/bs?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Seguin or Yakupov in a points only keeper?
    Larsson, Shattenkirk or Kulikov in a points only keeper?
    How many points for Purcell next year?

Thanks!
    The classic 'proven' vs. 'upside' question. A reliable, seemingly always healthy Seguin coming off a promising year that indicates the next step to be 75 points+ or Yakupov, who had two knee injuries last year.
    Put me down for Yakupov. I'm a sucker for upside.

Shattenkirk, Larsson, Kulikov in that order. Because Kulikov is King Band-Aid of Band-Aidville.

Purcell will match last year, with another five points added because of the contract he'll be given more ideal situations right away.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Dobber, thanks for this bud.

This is for the league / scoring cats in my sig, how would you rank these guys as potential keepers in my league (tough decisions looming...)

Fleischmann
    Roy
    Perron
    Horton
    Havlat
    Moulson

Thanks!
    Roy
    Flash
    Moulson
    Perron
    Havlat
    Horton