Thread: my league my situation

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default my league my situation

OK so I'm in a 10 team keep 5 players td only league. We start 1 qb 2rbs, 2wr, 1te, 1k
    Ill be protecting tony romo, ray rice, dez Bryant, megatron, and Jimmy Graham.

My off season moves so far have been trading away demarco Murray for a second round pick(18th) trading Jonathon Stewart for a third round(24th) and moving up from my first round selection 7th overall to third overall by trading my first and second and Darren sproles for his first and sixth.

My original thinking was to acquire the higher pick and secure one of the top two rookie qbs rg3 or luck. Now I'm definitely just OK with romo but he is 32 and maybe he has a great year this year but if he doesn't, then I'd say his Dallas career seems a little more shakier. If dez Bryant is suspended for two or more games then that hurts me even more. So as some of you may know from my td only thread I've been asking who of Cruz Garcon Smith or Lloyd would be the better choice for next season. The game may have change for me, hence the pondering of trying to replace the loss of not having a proper widereceiver ready to go. Those wr' s mentioned are in my opinion the best to grab in the draft, there might be a chance vjax gets released but for me I still like Cruz over all those guys. I could grab a running back obviously but there doesn't seem to be one available to me that compares to the retain-ability that Cruz would seem to own right now.

I'm going to agree with everyone and say if rg3 or luck were available to me that I'd lean towards rg3 because of his weapons and I do believe that helu has potential elite status ability whereas Donald brown looks at best average. Not so sure about which qb would be the better choice 4 to 5 years from now (luck is apparently quite good at detecting and reacting to what the defence is giving him) but both should be worthy.

I suspect that Richardson will go first maybe Doug martin second. Cruz a rookie qb or there is the chance that one GM might release helu because I don't think he follows things that closely, making him another choice. Reading your ramblings today suggesting that Bradshaw could put up 12 tds sounds interesting. These are the questions surrounding my team this year. Oh I forgot to mention that week 5 is the bye week for both Bryant and megatron further making me want to take a wr.

If anyone has any thoughts or comments and questions, let me hear it!
    My Football Pool
    12 team keeper league . Protect 5 .
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds
    TD ONLY. td worth six points . Standard points for kicker.

Andrew Luck, MEGATRON, Dez Bryant, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin

My hockey pool - standard points 1 pnt goal/assist
    Start 12 F , 6D, 2G 1pnt goalie win/5 per shutout
    Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default That's a lot of info

Sorry if I missed something relevant, but don't worry about the bye weeks right now, you'll draft to replace a couple WR's at some point but that doesn't mean you have to take them first.

I like Ahmad Bradshaw for your team - he should get more TD"s this year and has been pushing towards double digit for a couple years now anyway.

I don't see Dez getting suspended, his Mom seems at best unreliable.

The rookie QB angle is solid - but not to use this year, so plan on Romo for 2012 anyway. The higher upside to be 'elite' is probably Luck - but RG3 is no slouch for sure.

I wouldn't take Helu

I like Cruz a lot in this type of league.

Hope that helps!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm interested in Bradshaw but his history of injuries worries me, however if I did go down that road then I would try and pluck David Wilson as well.

We draft 12 rounds and retain five.
    So I think I'm going to try and set myself up with 5rb 5wr 3qb 3te and two kickers. That's the plan as of today, tomorrow is another day.
    My Football Pool
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds

Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Well

You don't need 3 TE in that format

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I know...but I'm going on my gut feeling that it could be very useful down the road during the season to potentially have loaded talent at that position. Graham, Gates and Cook look very good to me. I can't imagine someone being able to pluck a waiver wire pick and snatching a better TE. The fees are stiff to acquire from the wire in my pool. And should graham go down with injury I can replace him without skipping a beat.

Hey I believe my philosophy is sound, we will see if it comes true in reality ....or fantasy reality.
    Last edited by Corv; July 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM.
    My Football Pool
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds

Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves