Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes

what does the future look like for Jeff Skinner? I know he is only 23 years old so there is plenty of time for him to turn it around, but will he? Does he need a change of scenery or does he just need more help in NC?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by gopack26 View Post
    I would lean towards it probably not, but its a possibility. If they had it their way, i'm sure they would trade him even if it meant retaining salary which they would likely have to do in any deal outside of taking someone back who is in a similar situation.

This next 10-20 days is going to be a big period of time for the future of the organization. Keep with the same players who have marginal success or commit to a full rebuild around Faulk, Lindholm, Rask, Fleury, Murphy and whoever you get at 5? All indications are Staal will be resigned as he would prefer to stay.

They are constantly bad enough to not pick up franchise changing players through the draft, but not good enough to sniff the playoffs. Its the worst place to be in professional sports.

JR left a lasting mark with Semin's contract, and Francis has been handicapped by it since he took over the job.
    If Semin just played up to his contract value, no one would be handicapped by anything. I am not a big Rutherford fan, but the problem for this contract falls right on the shoulders of Semin.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrulez69 View Post
    what does the future look like for Jeff Skinner? I know he is only 23 years old so there is plenty of time for him to turn it around, but will he? Does he need a change of scenery or does he just need more help in NC?
    He had some very good chemistry with Lindholm at times this past year. I expect an uptick in his PP points, as he only had seven last season (the lowest of his career) in past seasons he was been in the teens and upwards to 20. Could be because he got less PP ice time last season under Peters by almost a full minute under Muller.

He is still an elite shot producer (235 last season) but his 7.7% shot percentage was awful last year. For comparison purposes, in his two 30-goal seasons he was at 12.0% and 14.4%. Obviously tough to reach those numbers every year, but even if he gets to 10.0% with 235 shots thats 5-6 more goals than last season.

Always has been a streaky player but he had periods of 7 games, 8 games and 10 games last season without a point.

From above, I notice him staying to the perimeter way more than earlier in his career. He was a guy who wasn't afraid to go to the net a bit more early in his career. Injuries obviously have been there but thats been well documented.

Canes are rumored to have tried to trade him multiple times, but that ~6M contract for a minus player who plays 15 minutes a night isn't going to get you a lot of return even if he is 23. I hope he gets back some of the magic but his game doesn't seem to fit Peters profile (definitely not on the defensive end). He's still a dynamic scorer when he gets it going and there is all the talent in the world there. Change of scenery could help, but I can't imagine him playing better in a market with a microscope because he would have had a whole lot more heat on him this season if so.
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Semin on waivers for buyout.

https://twitter.com/MSmithCanes/stat...13015074885632

#Canes have placed Alex Semin on unconditional waivers with intent of buying out his contract.

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Will Eric Staal go back to centering his own line? Or will his bro be his center?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrulez69 View Post
    Will Eric Staal go back to centering his own line? Or will his bro be his center?

Likely will be some of both. My opinion is that he will start the year at center, and if it isn't working he will move to wing. Both Jordan and Eric drive possession a ton when on the ice, and both are above 50% in face-off percentage (Jordan was 56% after his injury last year) so its good to have that possession and ability spread across two lines when possible.

Obviously this kicks Victor Rask and Elias Lindholm to the wing as both need to be in the top six on this team. When Eric shifts to wing, Rask would likely be in the 2C hole. 3C likely will be filled by Riley Nash, and 4C by Jay McClement.

Cleveland Barons

Prospects(10):

The Magnificent One

I hope he stays at center really need his FOWs. His shift to wing killed me in the finals last year.

I think like above it's going to be a switch back and forth but without semin there is obviously changes things not sure hot but let's hope with the move back to center
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Just a small note...Bill Peters was on the Puck Daddy podcast and when asked about line combos this year...right away he said he can't wait for Aho, TT and Lindholm to play together.

Thought that was a very interesting combo

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am curious to see how Stempniak is used and who he plays with.. Does anybody think he will eclipse the 50 point mark again and specifically with the Carolina Hurricanes??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I am curious to see how Stempniak is used and who he plays with.. Does anybody think he will eclipse the 50 point mark again and specifically with the Carolina Hurricanes??
    Figure he'll start with a shot in the top 6 and ultimately end up on the 3rd line with guys like Stalberg, Nestrasil, etc.

He massively overachieved last season and earned a nice raise but still not too much $$$ to be pushed down the depth chart.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Just a small note...Bill Peters was on the Puck Daddy podcast and when asked about line combos this year...right away he said he can't wait for Aho, TT and Lindholm to play together.

Thought that was a very interesting combo
    Well it's no Legion of Doom, hopefully for their sakes their finesse game clicks in short order.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Figure he'll start with a shot in the top 6 and ultimately end up on the 3rd line with guys like Stalberg, Nestrasil, etc.

He massively overachieved last season and earned a nice raise but still not too much $$$ to be pushed down the depth chart.
    He sure did, but I guess we won't really know until we see him in a Hurricanes sweater and actually see how he is utilized.. He is a guy that can pretty much be slotted anywhere.. I just don't follow the Hurricanes close enough and that's why I asked it here to the Hurricanes fans out there!!

Who is going to be on the top PP unit in Carolina this season??

Dobber Sports Monster

Where does Williams fit into this line-up? Do these lines seem about right?

FORWARDS
    Skinner Rask Williams
    Aho Staal Lindholm
    Teravainen Ryan Stempniak
    Nordstrom Kruger Jooris

DEFENCE
    Hanifin Faulk
    Slavin Pesce
    Dahlbeck TVR

GOALIES
    Darling
    Ward

Dobber Sports Pro

He's top 6 for sure, but I don't know enough about Carolina to be more specific. One thing I do see is that, looking at that lineup, I think Carolina is underrated and may surprise many observers. Could be their goaltending is what will make or break them.