Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes

Canes fans will enjoy. Brock McGinn... We're gunna miss him this year in Guelph. Great player...exciting to watch. Hope it transfers to the NHL! Enjoy!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Chad LaRose offered PTO

awesome. let the games begin.

THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM

but there are many problems and larose filled a need - not that i have any feelings whatsoever about this, but it did always piss me off throughout the years that no one on the canes stood up for each other or at least the goalie if he got run into..lack of aggression has always been a glaring error on the part of mgmt to address, but larose should help slightly, at least as a spark plug .. but damn! no one used to stick up for one another! gleason used to (maybe he will again), bellemore does which i am thankful for..

forward corps on this team is depressing, to say the least.

but relish the underdog role!
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Pro

Looking at some numbers.

Over the last 2 seasons (minimum 40GP, I know it's a small sample but...)

Khudobin - 50GP, 28-18-2, .924%, 2.31GAA (ranks 3rd out of 44 goalies)
    Ward - 47GP, 19-18-7, .902%, 2.98GAA (ranks 42nd out of 44 goalies)
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ill do my best to keep the thread going from the fan/fantasy perspective this season.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Fleury. Please please please send him back to junior and don't mess with his development. Canes are going to be close to bottom feeders in the division (unless Anton goes on some ridiculous run and Eric/Semin/Tlusty can return to form from 2 years ago) no need to rush the kid.

However, I do think we have a real shot at the McDavid lottery, which will suck for this year as a STH but would be awesome if it happens going forward.
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

Dobber Sports Novice

Jordan Staal going down really hurts the Hurricanes this year. The worst that could come of this is Lindholm being forced into doing too much heavy lifting as the only other C (E. Staal) who is really worthy of NHL minutes. Looking around the NHL, I tried to find possibly available C who would be capable of filling in while Jordan is out, who would still work when he returns and could potentially be had for a reasonable cost (since the Hurricanes really can't afford to give up anthing of substantial value). I came up with the name Shawn Matthias. He is a solid NHL C and a big body but was auquired by the previous GM and may not have an appropriate spot on Vancouvers team going forward. It looks like the Canucks would like to keep Bo Horvat on the team this year which puts them with one too many quality C's (2 including Richardson, however he is likely going to play LW). I am not saying that the Canucks are going to push Matthias out, just that he could be expendable and IMO would be a great fit in Carolina. Food for thought for Hurricanes fans.

What do you think, is Matthias a fit? What would be a reasonable price to pay? Is a 2nd round pick too much? IMO that would get it done.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleNorm View Post
    Jordan Staal going down really hurts the Hurricanes this year. The worst that could come of this is Lindholm being forced into doing too much heavy lifting as the only other C (E. Staal) who is really worthy of NHL minutes. Looking around the NHL, I tried to find possibly available C who would be capable of filling in while Jordan is out, who would still work when he returns and could potentially be had for a reasonable cost (since the Hurricanes really can't afford to give up anthing of substantial value). I came up with the name Shawn Matthias. He is a solid NHL C and a big body but was auquired by the previous GM and may not have an appropriate spot on Vancouvers team going forward. It looks like the Canucks would like to keep Bo Horvat on the team this year which puts them with one too many quality C's (2 including Richardson, however he is likely going to play LW). I am not saying that the Canucks are going to push Matthias out, just that he could be expendable and IMO would be a great fit in Carolina. Food for thought for Hurricanes fans.

What do you think, is Matthias a fit? What would be a reasonable price to pay? Is a 2nd round pick too much? IMO that would get it done.

To be honest, I don't see them making any moves. Their prospect system isn't strong enough to be trading away 2nd round picks (really any picks) for players where they would have to take on salary. They have drafted a little bit better over the last couple years but there was a pretty awful run of drafts for the Canes in the last 5-7 years.

I see them moving things around and replacing from within when it comes to Jordan's spot. They aren't going to be contenders this year anyway so it might work in their favor to get some young guys a look. I hope that the Skinner at center experiment is over, but I can ultimately see Lindholm ending up there if he ever catches up physically. Obviously still time for that. I believe Victor Rask will get a shot at playing center with Jordan out. He has been their best prospect over camp and prospect tournaments/preseason games. Down the road there has been some good reviews on Swedish Center prospect Lucas Wallmark, who I could see fitting in as a two way center in a couple seasons.

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleNorm View Post

2nd rounder 2015 is too much, Garrison went for a 2nd rounder in 2014. However, you are right in that they are having trouble finding a spot for Matthias in Vancouver. They are trying him on the wing and it isn't looking like he is comfortable there. He is a big guy, but I'm not sure he can handle a top 6 spot, even if it is just a stop-gap assignment.

Dobber Sports Genius

Semin may be watching the next game from the press box.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=737063

Dobber Sports Star

Can anyone give me some insight into the Ryan Murphy demotion?

I gotta hold onto him but this totally blows. Short term I hope but am worried that he just may not be NHL material
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Apprentice

TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Star

Is JML becoming relevant again? I see he is getting decent PP over the past few - how's he looked?

Also, any news on Murphy? Gotta keep him (dynasty) but he is killing me in the minors and doesn't look like he is even doing much there. Cut bait time soon or will he be back up? Winning ways in CAR not helping his chances I would imagine.

Any insight appreciated. Finding it hard to dig up much on Murph

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Star

Time to cut bait on Murphy?

Really not helping me keeping him on my roster, but hate to give up on him if he is part of the plan.

Is he Stepan Elliott 2.0 or is there still hope?

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hurricanes even suck at losing!
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Prodigy

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/n...e24793276.html

Potential Alexander Semin buyout coming?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by NAParker77 View Post
    http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/n...e24793276.html

Potential Alexander Semin buyout coming?

I would lean towards it probably not, but its a possibility. If they had it their way, i'm sure they would trade him even if it meant retaining salary which they would likely have to do in any deal outside of taking someone back who is in a similar situation.

This next 10-20 days is going to be a big period of time for the future of the organization. Keep with the same players who have marginal success or commit to a full rebuild around Faulk, Lindholm, Rask, Fleury, Murphy and whoever you get at 5? All indications are Staal will be resigned as he would prefer to stay.

They are constantly bad enough to not pick up franchise changing players through the draft, but not good enough to sniff the playoffs. Its the worst place to be in professional sports.

JR left a lasting mark with Semin's contract, and Francis has been handicapped by it since he took over the job.

Cleveland Barons

Prospects(10):