Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    That’s interesting. It surprised me at first glance but he was playing center at the U20 tourney between Laine and Pulj wasn’t he?
    Yes he did but that was mostly because they had no other options. He played wing in Liiga as well. He probably has played center in junior but the WJC tournament was the only place I've seen him play that position.

But he has a lot of good qualities you'd want from a center. He's defensively reliable, loves to have the puck on his stick and is a very good playmaker.
    Writer & scout at DobberProspects, focusing on Finnish Liiga, Swedish SHL, and the Florida Panthers. Find me on Twitter @JokkeNevalainen

>> My latest Liiga report & latest SHL report

"I never trust people who are 'sure' of things. I trust those who are temporarily confident in their current interpretations." - Dr. Andreo Spina

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I remember reading an article from the Carolina GM (I think?) who said Aho needs one more season playing wing and then they'll move him to center. I don't know if he can be their #1C but sounded like they might try that at least.
    Oh wow- that definitely IS interesting.

Man Im worried about Skinner. Literally the only comparable I can draw is Evander Kane. To me Kane is used the way he is because despite his physical gifts he suffers from too much puck selfishness and not enough hockey IQ imo. You put him on your third line and he can wreak havoc single handedly. You put him on your powerplay and all he does is bogart your quality chances with his fire from anywhere mentality. Im not saying thats Skinner- Id really like to believe it isnt- but how can someone that productive stay buried on 3rd and 4th lines with no pp time?? Is he a puck dummy (good player- low hockey IQ)- like Kane? Again I hope not- but were at a stage in his career where he should be demanding more quality rime...
    14 team cap league (30 mil above nhl)
    Daily Changes- 3c 3rw 3lw 3 forward flex 5d 2g 8bn ir+
    Weekly hth - g a p ppp shp pim sog +/- gwg - w sv% so gaa saves
    27 man farm team - no cap - junior team can hold prospects to up till 3 years
    C Kadri Ziba Gallagher
    Rw P Kane Tarasenko Neal
    Lw Forberg Hall Skinner
    Flex E Kane Perron Buchnevich
    D Hamilton Eckholm C Miller Sergachev Klef-Bomb
    G Andersen Quick
    BN Tuch Vanek Maroon Hartman Camel Toe Rutta Smith Saros
    IR- J Anderson- w/ enough capsapce to sub in (barely)
    Notable prospects and farm- Tippett Eriksson-Ek Heed Hayden
    Cap 104.4 out of 105

Dobber Sports Wizard

This article is dated and doesnt speak to hockey IQ specifically- which would presumably entail things like split second decision making and so forth- but it definitely douses the idea that hes not smart. The article suggests hes very bright:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...long_time.html
    14 team cap league (30 mil above nhl)
    Daily Changes- 3c 3rw 3lw 3 forward flex 5d 2g 8bn ir+
    Weekly hth - g a p ppp shp pim sog +/- gwg - w sv% so gaa saves
    27 man farm team - no cap - junior team can hold prospects to up till 3 years
    C Kadri Ziba Gallagher
    Rw P Kane Tarasenko Neal
    Lw Forberg Hall Skinner
    Flex E Kane Perron Buchnevich
    D Hamilton Eckholm C Miller Sergachev Klef-Bomb
    G Andersen Quick
    BN Tuch Vanek Maroon Hartman Camel Toe Rutta Smith Saros
    IR- J Anderson- w/ enough capsapce to sub in (barely)
    Notable prospects and farm- Tippett Eriksson-Ek Heed Hayden
    Cap 104.4 out of 105

Dobber Sports Superstar

Looks like Aho at center might be happening sooner than expected.

Cory Lavalette‏ @corylav
    Peters said Aho can be dynamic in the middle. Practiced him there today so he can be ready when the team needs him there. Said he liked the lines from the end of the Avs game.

Betting money is on Aho starting at center tomorrow.
    Writer & scout at DobberProspects, focusing on Finnish Liiga, Swedish SHL, and the Florida Panthers. Find me on Twitter @JokkeNevalainen

>> My latest Liiga report & latest SHL report

"I never trust people who are 'sure' of things. I trust those who are temporarily confident in their current interpretations." - Dr. Andreo Spina

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The new VP of Hockey Operations, Paul Krepelka, was on The Full 60 podcast with Craig Custance and it's worth a listen. This guy was a super agent with the Orr Group and walked away from it cold turkey. He's now going to be leading contract negotiations and gives some insight on how Tom Dundon is going to be running the team. Even drops a few hints about how they're going to be turning some heads this summer...

https://soundcloud.com/user-38892502...-paul-krepelka
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Skinner is getting shopped. Imagine his return if he was traded last season and not this offseason
    10 team, H2H, 7 Keeper in Bold
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P
    3BN, 2DL
    C: Zunino
    1B: Martinez (OF)
    2B: Ramirez (3B)
    3B: Bryant (OF)
    SS: Simmons
    CI: Rizzo (1B, 2B)
    MI: Escobar (2B, 3B, SS)
    OF: Hamilton, Haniger, Bellinger (1B)
    Util: Donaldson (3B)
    DL: C.Seager (SS)
    SP: Darvish, Nola, G.Cole, Wood, Ohtani, Lucchesi, Buehler (RP), Taillon, R. Lopez
    RP: Jansen, Diaz, Oh(RP), Boxberger (RP)
    P: *2 from above*
    DL: Britton (RP)