Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Columbus Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Columbus Blue Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    What does everyone see from Wennberg going forward? Most trade articles didn’t say anything about him and the impact with the trades. What line will he play on and with who. Does he slot back to center full time?

Thanks
    Should be back to centre, and you would think the second line (barring other adds). However, Torts doesn't seem to like him so who knows, maybe he ends up in the bottom 6. Either way I'm not expecting more than 10 goals and 20-30 assists.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kevin Weekes✔@KevinWeekes

* BREAKING NEWS*
    From what I’m told, @BlueJacketsNHL are close to signing Defenseman @ZachWerenski to a 15M Deal over 3Years.
    This would be huge for CBJ securing of the Top young D in the game.@NHL @NHLNetwork @usahockey #HockeyTwitter

The Great One

Just got back from the morning session day one training camp. The “out of shape” group were skated into the ice by Torts and included Atkinson and DuBois.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Just got back from the morning session day one training camp. The “out of shape” group were skated into the ice by Torts and included Atkinson and DuBois.

Ok - I talked to Lilja in the elevator at the hotel. Not the “out of shape” group...just different drills for different groups. My bad.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ok - I talked to Lilja in the elevator at the hotel. Not the “out of shape” group...just different drills for different groups. My bad.
    Dammit, in that 3+ hour window, I traded DuBois because of this insider info...lol!

I'm a very hopeful owner of Merzlikins that CBJ can play the "us against the world" schtick and they do better than everyone thinks.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Dammit, in that 3+ hour window, I traded DuBois because of this insider info...lol!

I'm a very hopeful owner of Merzlikins that CBJ can play the "us against the world" schtick and they do better than everyone thinks.
    Ha! I said my bad...

Merzlikins looked great for what it’s worth. Through two full periods of scrimmage he gave up zero.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

The Magnificent One

Anyone know what’s up with Dubois injury? He is playing so not posting in the injury section but fantrax reports that he cannot take FOWs due to an injury but still plays. Just curious as my league counts fows and want to make sure not something that will effect him playing
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

What is up with their PP.. why is Atkinson not getting any??
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Atkinson is in Torts' doghouse at the moment after a piss-poor effort against the Isles on Saturday. He'll probably get some of his usual minutes back in time but Tortorella is shaking things up and giving opportunity to other guys for now.

Blue Jackets’ unproductive veterans face losing playing time, Tortorella says
    The shutout loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday struck a familiar chord in the Blue Jackets’ season, with plenty of scoring chances but no scoring. But there was a change in how the team will play while key veteran players try to figure out their struggles.

After Cam Atkinson blew coverage on the play that led to Anders Lee’s goal less than two minutes into the game, Blue Jackets coach Tortorella sent Atkinson to the fourth line and the forward got just 12:34 of ice time — his lowest total since playing less than 10 minutes on Dec. 8, 2017.

“I just can’t keep on watching that (type of play) and pour in the ice time,” Tortorella said. “I have to be more cognizant, and I am paying much better attention to where instead of allowing players to work through it — which I think we have — trying other people (to get things going). So that’s where we’re at.”

Atkinson is far from the only veteran who hasn’t evolved offensively entering game No. 27 against the Arizona Coyotes at Nationwide Arena on Tuesday. Josh Anderson has three points in 20 games and was benched for the remainder of the first period against Philadelphia last Wednesday after committing an early penalty.

With the Jackets trying to climb from near the bottom of the Eastern Conference, Tortorella decided he can’t wait for things to get better.

“I’m not trying to criticize (players); it’s just the lay of the land right now as far as my shift in coaching (that) you try to allow players to play through it,” he said. “If you don’t see the things that you need to see, then you have to try some other people at it. So we’ll see where it goes.”

With defenseman Zach Werenski out four weeks with a shoulder injury, the veterans have additional pressure to produce. Tortorella said maybe that’s what those struggling to score need to get out of their funk.

Even if Atkinson is getting around 12-13 minutes a game and not 16-18 minutes, he said he can’t get frustrated.

“You just have to stick with it and just keep working harder,” Atkinson said.

Atkinson and other top forwards don’t need a reminder that they need to produce more. Until they do break out, their playing time is probably going to suffer.

“Cam and I have a really good relationship, and you know how much I lean on him,” Tortorella said. “He knows where he stands without me saying a word to him.

“I look at the ice time I give him, I say, ‘It’s just ridiculous.’ But it is what it is. I’ve got to try different people and get some minutes with some other guys.”
    https://twitter.com/IslesBlog/status...31602014068737

Dobber Sports Veteran

In much better CBJ news 2018 2nd round pick Kirill Marchenko had a great November

3g3a in 8 games played, named KHL rookie of the week twice, and named KHL rookie of the month as well. He was named to Russia’s WJC roster camp yesterday and currently sits 5th in KHL rookie scoring despite having played in less than half the games everyone in front of him has. Potentially will play on a line with Podkolzin and Ivan Morozov (they've played together previously and are all in the SKA St. Petersburg system) that could be a lot of fun to watch at the tournament. His KHL contract expires this spring but I'm not sure the chances are great he can be pried away from the Motherland to play in Ohio now that he has an increased role with SKA.

https://twitter.com/LigaKontinental/...95165990674433

edit: Not long after I posted

SKA signed a 2-year extension with Kirill Marchenko. He's now under contract until 2022 #CBJ

The Magnificent One

Wow thanks for the update.. not to be too controversial but wondering when trots will be on the coaching show that is happening.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsPR/st...70207440068612

NEWS: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made Qualifying Offers to the following players: F Josh Anderson, D Gabriel Carlsson, F Pierre-Luc Dubois, D Vladislav Gavrikov, G Matiss Kivlenieks, F Ryan MacInnis, F Kevin Stenlund and F Calvin Thurkauf. #CBJ
    The only player they didnt qualify was Devin Shore at $2.4M
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Glad to see Gavrikov on that list, have him in my deep multi-cat dynasty, and I think he was a good find off the wire.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Can any Blue Jacket fans tell me about Liam Foudy and how he projects on this team? Watching him play for London, he seems to have improved by leaps and bounds once the Knights cleared house giving him opportunity. Can he be a top 6 on this team? C or Wing? How Does the Domi acquisition impact him? Good or bad?

Thanks. He's a bit of a mystery to me. Doesn't come with huge name recognition, but also Jumped in the draft substantially (from approx 50 to be drafted 18OA and played pretty well to finish off his OHL career... and already some Playoff Exposure... )

What say you Blue Jacket Fan(s)?

Dobber Sports Deity

He was playing top six minutes in the playoffs on wing. I dont think Domi coming in affects him much as I expect they will use Domi down the middle.

I dont expect huge offensive numbers from him but he will be productive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."