Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Columbus Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Columbus Blue Jackets

Could you imagine? <

I still don't get the whole sushi phenomenon. I don't eat anything raw. Even when I order chicken out on a salad, I always ask for it well-done. Steaks always medium-rare.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    tape worm and other parasites are things any responsible doctor would have easily discovered with standard exams and testing

This speaks volumes about the competency of the Blue Jackets medical staff more than the poor kid and his unfortunate condition

It reminds of when Crosby was said to be suffering from Concussion when there was an underlying neck issue that was complicating matters

Seriously we are talking millions of dollars and the fact that these teams can't seem to handle the medical aspects correctly is frankly shocking and shameful
    He was at a college, who don't have the same resources especially for someone who's not doing well I guess.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

That is f'n gross.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I know it's not funny, because this was very serious and I feel bad for that kid... but the idea of him sending his mom a picture of that - um - holy crap.
    I thought I read 'FaceTimed' it to her... thats even worse!!

And pun intended right?> haha

Dobber Sports Veteran

Holy carp crap Batman.

What made me laugh was the picture sent to mom, just like every little kid.....”hey mom what’s this ? Is this normal ? “
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Could you imagine? <

I still don't get the whole sushi phenomenon. I don't eat anything raw. Even when I order chicken out on a salad, I always ask for it well-done. Steaks always medium-rare.
    In Japan, sashimi chicken is becoming a fad
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I know it's not funny, because this was very serious and I feel bad for that kid... but the idea of him sending his mom a picture of that - um - holy crap.
    If you read the article on the Athletic, the kid has a sense of humour about it all. He said his teammates names the tapeworm "Teddy." And would say things like, "Big meal, I guess you are eating for two again?" (I sometimes forget what it's like to be a teenager). Glad this kid is ok, and I hope his transfer to Ohio is successful. It would be such a shame if he had to miss a year of hockey due to NCAA rules...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

https://deadspin.com/blue-jackets-pr...mpression=true

Anybody ever heard of an injury like this before?
    Incredible.
    So disgusting, HaHaHa
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I know people who've had tapeworm and the like, so yes. It's far less disgusting than maggots.

Considering this is a college medical staff, nothing should reflect on the Columbus organization here. No idea if Miami(OH) has a medical school or hospital associated with them, but if they do, that's awful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok so I will try and make the point a different way

1. Doctors who practice on college campus' are doctors right ?

2. Blue jackets management give these kids a medical right ?

3. NHL team management teams contact their drafted players and check in on them right ?

No excuse this kid or any person would continue to have that kind of condition unless the system is either broken or the doctor/managment team are incompetent.

On the subject of sushi I will share what little I know about the subject but I suspect living in Japan might make me somewhat better informed than you average joe...

There is a reason they call them Sushi Chef or "Taisho". Here in Japan they require a license to handle the food. They also know how to properly clean the fish.

For example did you know that Mackerel and Squid need to be specially prepared because they have large numbers of parasites ? Its true. These aren't tape worms but persistent buggers that enjoy living in your GI tract. Yuck!

Don't eat either at your local sushi shop unless the chef is a trained professional.

Its probably better just to avoid both types altogether.

The side effects are nasty and can become painful.

If the Mackerel has been soaked in vinegar then its fairly safe to eat.

I won't eat either unless cooked.

So eating at some sushi joint with an untrained chef can result in a trip to the doctor's office in your near future. Most sushi restaurants aren't Japanese to begin with so that should be a good indicator of its "authenticity".

Here is an excellent 8 minute video about Sushi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCpbBVthD7o
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lost in some of the Gusev hype, Vladislav Gavrikov has been granted the same courtesy and been released from his KHL contract. I'm sure he's much less likely to play these playoffs than Gusev but likely wants to at least sign a contract for the season and burn his ELC.

Nikita Gusev and Vladislav Gavrikov will join NHL clubs in the Stanley Cup playoffs

During the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs, forward Nikita Gusev will join the Las Vegas Golden Knights, while defenseman Vladislav Gavrikov signed for the Columbus Blue Jackets. The two players can compete in the remaining matches of the 2018/2019 season. Their KHL rights will still belong to SKA.

An agreement has been struck with the two players, stating that if their two clubs are knocked out of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs, they will represent the senior Russian national team at the 2019 IIHF World Championship which begins on May 10 in Slovakia. The first round of the NHL playoffs finish on April 24, before the second phase ends on May 7-8.

Since joining SKA in 2015, Nikita Gusev won the KHL Gagarin Cup once with SKA. Vladislav Gavrikov signed for SKA in 2017 and won the KHL Kontinental Cup. They also claimed a gold medal at the 2018 Olympic Games in South Korea.

SKA Hockey Club thanks Nikita and Vladislav for their efforts in Saint Petersburg, and wishes them luck for the future.

Dobber Sports Deity

Considering the way CBJ is going, I dont see them throwing him into the pot at this time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pretty much what I was thinking. Still, sign him, keep him happy, and get him practicing so he can step in if anyone is injured.

Administrator

Harrington and Kukan are not established names by any means so it's not that much of a stretch to see one of them benched for Gavrikov. But they won't break a winning lineup.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

What does everyone see from Wennberg going forward? Most trade articles didn’t say anything about him and the impact with the trades. What line will he play on and with who. Does he slot back to center full time?

Thanks
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi