Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1526

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Dallas Stars

Haven't been able to watch any Dallas preseason... How have Ritchie and Gurianov fared up to date?

I'm figuring Ritchie is all but a lock to start in Dallas, what with all the injuries. Gurianov should be heading to the AHL to get used to the North American game and work out some kinks I suppose.

If Ritchie does make the team, what can we expect production-wise? Would it make more sense to grab a guy like Faksa instead?

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't been able to watch any Dallas preseason... How have Ritchie and Gurianov fared up to date?

I'm figuring Ritchie is all but a lock to start in Dallas, what with all the injuries. Gurianov should be heading to the AHL to get used to the North American game and work out some kinks I suppose.

If Ritchie does make the team, what can we expect production-wise? Would it make more sense to grab a guy like Faksa instead?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Padawan

keep me postedon Hudler No Way, dumb pick for me tonight but i hope he gets off to hot start so i can trade him. dont trust ruff.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I didn't get to watch any of the games either, but kept up with news. Ritchie is officially on the opening day roster. From what's been written about preseason and such I'd guess he's going to be more bottom 6 to start. Hudler will definitely take one of the top 6 RW slots, and you'd think Eaves will likely get the other. How long Eaves' fragility will allow him to stay in the top 6, anybody's guess. Still too much up in the air with injuries to key players at the moment, Ruff's mad scientist tendencies, and Ritchie's own checkered injury history. Hemsky could be a player for top 6 minutes when he gets back. Once Eakin returns Seguin most likely goes back to the wing. So I think it's safest to view Ritchie as a bottom 6 wing for most of this season and look for 35-40pts and consider anything above that as a bonus. Just don't see him getting any long runs in the top 6, and no prime PP time, at this point. The one given with him will be hits by the truckload though.

If it's not too late I'd take a flier on Faksa. I'm beginning to re-think my assessment of his offensive upside. He kinda had a couple of down seasons points-wise coming out of junior into the AHL, but lately he seems to really be finding his groove. Can't say that he'll ever be a 60+ scorer, but he could in a peak season reach 50-55. That said I don't see it this season, more like Ritchie, around 40, but superb peripherals. In a FOW, or FOW%, league he could be a solid under-the-radar contributor. Add in the fact that he can play gritty, will block shots, and he could be good addition in most multi-cat leagues.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    keep me postedon Hudler No Way, dumb pick for me tonight but i hope he gets off to hot start so i can trade him. dont trust ruff.
    Might turn out to be a savvy pick depending on where you drafted him. By all accounts Hudler has meshed perfectly, like he'd been here for years, and it's hard to imagine a better situation for him to land in. Time will tell, but I wouldn't kick myself for the pick at this point. As far as Ruff goes, I think Hudler is safe riding with Spezza this season, but that's just my guess.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    You've got to ask, who did the Stars piss off to drop the injury hammer on 'em like this? First Jamie over the summer. Then Seguin, Hemsky, and Faksa at the WCoH. Then Eakin, Shore, Dickinson, and now Janmark. Not sure if I missed any others. Most everybody will be back in time for the season, or so word out of Dallas says. Faksa already is, and looking primed for a good season. Eakin will be out for a bit yet, and no word on Janmark other than he was spotted on crutches today after not playing last night in Colorado. Not a good omen heading into the season.
    I thought I had heard that Janmark was back at ASB best-case. Wasn't encouraging.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I thought I had heard that Janmark was back at ASB best-case. Wasn't encouraging.
    It's just about chiseled in stone his season is already over. I just can't see them taking a risk with this since the condition carries a life-long risk of re-occurance. Sucks because he really looked primed to have a great sophomore season alongside Spezza. But even worse is just the fact that this is something that can be career threatening and cause quality of life issues later on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Did anyone watch last nights game and can tell me did Seguin line up often on the RW? Thinking of going after him in a trade and that RW status obviously helps a lot.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyone see how Hudler looked??

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Did anyone watch last nights game and can tell me did Seguin line up often on the RW? Thinking of going after him in a trade and that RW status obviously helps a lot.
    Based on the fact he had 5 FW to Benn's 1, I think he's playing mostly C.
    I didn't see the game though so I can't confirm, and can't comment on Hudler either.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Anyone see how Hudler looked??
    This is the best I could find on how he looked....

Honestly I only saw about 5 minutes of this game so only a few shifts. He didn't look like anything flashy like he did at times with Calgary back a couple years... but he has to be one of the most streaky players in the NHL...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Based on the fact he had 5 FW to Benn's 1, I think he's playing mostly C.
    I didn't see the game though so I can't confirm, and can't comment on Hudler either.
    Ya seguin was 5/13, and Benn was 1/4 on draws. Stars were 21 of 58 on the draw vs the Ducks. Spezza lead the team with 6/14.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I turned to this game at the start of the 2nd period and watched a bit of it.

I was shocked to see, when I stopped there to watch a bit of it early in the 2nd period, the shots were 17-1 for Anaheim, and the score was tied 1-1. Niemi must have got peppered in that 1st period. A short amount of time later, it was 2-1 Dallas and they only had 3 shots on goal. I dont know what the final tally was for shots on goal, but Gibson's save % couldn't have been great.

In the short amount of time I watched the game, the Seguin line was overshadowed by the Spezza line. That line was buzzing. So was Stephen Johns.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I turned to this game at the start of the 2nd period and watched a bit of it.

I was shocked to see, when I stopped there to watch a bit of it early in the 2nd period, the shots were 17-1 for Anaheim, and the score was tied 1-1. Niemi must have got peppered in that 1st period. A short amount of time later, it was 2-1 Dallas and they only had 3 shots on goal. I dont know what the final tally was for shots on goal, but Gibson's save % couldn't have been great.

In the short amount of time I watched the game, the Seguin line was overshadowed by the Spezza line. That line was buzzing. So was Stephen Johns.
    I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the game yet, but I did see the box score and SOG wound up 35-20 Anaheim as I recall. At least for one night the Stars long standing trend of winning when being out-shot lives on.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Benn/Seguin will need a few games to get up to speed.

Johns looked like the best D on the ice last night.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    I think Benn/Seguin will need a few games to get up to speed.

Johns looked like the best D on the ice last night.
    They should get going pretty quick. Both of them had a couple good looks late in 2nd and into the 3rd. As the game progressed they looked looser and the natural chemistry was beginning to show.

Johns is a beast. I've now got dueling man-crushes, Johns and Faksa. When Faksa's line is on the whole team plays at another level. Johns looks like the closest thing the Stars have had to a big, gritty shutdown D since the days of Hatcher and Matvichuk.