Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dallas Stars

I think it's safe to say the Montreal game was just a mirage. The Stars look as ugly as ever here. That third goal was all Kari, no way a shot like that should ever get by you. Softer than a marshmallow that one was.

And once again everybody gets busy puck-staring and leaves the off puck side wide open. I look at these teams we play and how well, how seamlessly they play D and I have to wonder why is it so hard for us?

This keeps up I'm going to bail to watch SOA.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd say there's a good chance that Ryan Garbutt just sprung Hemsky from press box purgatory with that asinine move. Drive by on Hutchinson and give him the ol' slew foot routine. Your down by two and getting out-hustled, out-worked, out-everythinged, and then commit a moronic bush league foul like that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is brutal. I've completely lost patience with this team. Same old shit every other game.

Odd thing is the shots against don't look that bad... is Leht-ing'em-in having one of his trademark meltdowns?

Dobber Sports Padawan

my heart goes out to u guys, just brutal. Key fantasy message -- always start your players vs Stars
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    This is brutal. I've completely lost patience with this team. Same old shit every other game.

Odd thing is the shots against don't look that bad... is Leht-ing'em-in having one of his trademark meltdowns?
    It's a total team effort and Kari takes his share of the blame here. This team has brain cramps, and no hustle. They play passive and stupid. It's like watching a live action NHL14 game. Everybody seems to have no idea what to do, where to be, just stunning to watch.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just now they showed the stats, shots, scoring chances, the whole shebang, and it's so utterly even it's ridiculous. And yet the score and the way each team is playing, the eyeball test, screams lopsided.

Dobber Sports Wizard

And once again they are pissing away points. Barring a miracle comeback they are going to remain winless in the division, meanwhile Chicago picks up another two, Nashville still very much in position to pick up two more themselves. I tell ya, they aren't very far away from having to make some very serious changes. If this keeps up through Christmas, and there's no reason to believe it won't, it's going to be time to blow some shit up and that's from Ruff on down. They don't have the personnel on D to be competitive, some of that is horrid vets like Daley and Jordie and some of it is the rough play that comes with having a third to half of your D being rookies. That part, the rookies, I'm cool with that, they have to jump in the fire and get burned to learn. But the vets like Daley and Jordie have to go before this team will ever take a step forward.

Plenty of dead wood up front as well, and they need to determine where the issue is with the goaltending. Is it Kari? Is it Mike Valley's system? Something has gone way off the rails, and unlike the last couple of seasons it's not just the backups that are the issue. Something is seriously wrong with Kari, he has looked nothing like he has in recent years. Has the toll of being the man night in and night out finally gotten to him?

Man I tell you Gaglardi, Lites, and Nill all have a lot of soul-searching and tough decisions to make in a hurry so that they can get on top of this. This season is really teetering on the precipice, if not already tipped over the point of no return. Ruff's comments of late that it's on the players to fix this is bovine excrement. Yeah you can take that tack, but it's not been working so now is the time to nut up and take control or get him out and get somebody in there who will fix this. I'm not faulting Jamie Benn as the captain as Ruff has kind of, in an offhanded way, put it on him to turn this around. By all accounts Jamie takes the captaincy seriously, and has pulled teammates aside for serious one-on-one talks. Heika says Jamie desperately wants to fix this, and yet for all his efforts and caring it isn't getting fixed. That's where Ruff has to be the agent for change, and he seems to be reluctant to take that mantle.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Some numbers to chew on....

Josh Bogorad, one of the Fox Sports Southwest broadcast team, tweeted a telling stat. Over the last four losses the Stars have only had the lead for a combined 2:49. We all know it's bad, but that puts it in a whole different light. They aren't even waiting until the third period to throw in the towel now. Guess that saves on the stress on the heart from getting our hopes up only to dash them to bits.

From Defending Big D, over the last 11 games they have surrendered 45 goals for a goals against of 4.09, which looks much better than the 5.00 from the last five losses. So.....there's that.

Soooo, in summation.....unless you own Tyler Seguin in your league......umm....don't start any Stars players? Well, Jamie Benn of course.....other than that it's a sad, bleak hockey world in Dallas at the moment.

Help us Jeebus!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I made the comment last night that Ryan Garbutt most likely had given Hemsky his get out of the press box free card. Today it looks like a for dead certainty. After not one, but two, slew foots against the Jets, Garbutt has a hearing with the league today. He just got back a week ago from a two game suspension for kneeing Taylor Hall, now this. And not only was he suspended he also got a healthy scratch from Ruff for the boneheaded penalties. It's not like he racks up a lot of penalties, he only has 22 PIM on the season, but he takes some of the dumbest, most ill-timed penalties you could ever imagine. It's emblematic of the Stars mental struggles, these dumb penalties usually happen as the momentum starts to tilt away from Dallas and frustration and general flailing about sets in. I'd say another two, maybe five, games for Mr. Garbutt, plus however long it takes him to get out of Ruff's doghouse.

-Razor's latest vlog. He devotes this one to Kari and Co.

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...695940&lang=en

-Mike Heika asks what we've started to wonder ourselves, is it time for heads to roll.....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2014...uestions.html/

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I made the comment last night that Ryan Garbutt most likely had given Hemsky his get out of the press box free card. Today it looks like a for dead certainty. After not one, but two, slew foots against the Jets, Garbutt has a hearing with the league today. He just got back a week ago from a two game suspension for kneeing Taylor Hall, now this. And not only was he suspended he also got a healthy scratch from Ruff for the boneheaded penalties. It's not like he racks up a lot of penalties, he only has 22 PIM on the season, but he takes some of the dumbest, most ill-timed penalties you could ever imagine. It's emblematic of the Stars mental struggles, these dumb penalties usually happen as the momentum starts to tilt away from Dallas and frustration and general flailing about sets in. I'd say another two, maybe five, games for Mr. Garbutt, plus however long it takes him to get out of Ruff's doghouse.

-Razor's latest vlog. He devotes this one to Kari and Co.

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...695940&lang=en

-Mike Heika asks what we've started to wonder ourselves, is it time for heads to roll.....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2014...uestions.html/
    Not to mention his bone-headed move with Corey Perry during the playoffs last season. You have to wonder where his head's at.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Not to mention his bone-headed move with Corey Perry during the playoffs last season. You have to wonder where his head's at.
    Exactly. That was the incident that got Garbutt labeled a repeat offender and earned him two games for the Hall kneeing. And you can bet your ass.....wait a minute this is the NHL here so let me start that thought over......It stands to reason that so soon after another cheap shot that resulted in suspension this one could be longer than two games. While Garbutt isn't a household name or some stud fantasy asset, he is an integral part of Dallas' most consistent line and one that they have fallen back on over the last two seasons to provide a needed boost in energy, to mark the other teams top line, and in general set the tone aside from scoring.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel for you NWO... you invest a lot of your time and energy into these updates and it all feels pointless cause the recaps sound like a broken record.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I feel for you NWO... you invest a lot of your time and energy into these updates and it all feels pointless cause the recaps sound like a broken record.
    I appreciate the thought but it's not that bad. It's frustrating as all hell, sure, but I genuinely feel like better days aren't that far off. I still believe that the people in the front office are right for the job. I feel more for the fans in Edmonton then I do for our fans. I think the expectations that we were ready to compete for a playoff spot were a bit premature and being unrealistic as they have proven to be it adds to the frustration. But at the end of the day we have an owner who gives a damn, won't be swayed by cronyism or hero worship, and will only stay patient so long. In the end I trust he will demand improvement and won't accept losing for long and act accordingly. Time will tell on that front, but from all indications Gaglardi is no Katz, so that in and of itself gives us reason for hope.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well well well, the plot thickens....

Lehtonen fighting injury

So, just how long has this been going on? This is the first I recall hearing of Kari having sustained an injury. It would explain a few things, but not everything about his play so far.

Dobber Sports Wizard

No surprise, Garbutt gets another three game vacation after slew-footing half of Manitoba, or at least attempting to. He had to settle for just Buff and Hutchinson. Mike Heika's piece on the on-going saga with Garbutt's bonehead-itis. For all his potential, and his role on the Pitbull line, he's earning a rep as nothing but a cheap shot artist. Not exactly what any team or fan base wants. Let's see if he's sincere this time about changing his ways.

-Travis Moen was a non-participant again in practice. It's looking like he may not go Saturday, and with Garbutt out as well somebody may be coming north from Cedar Park. The likely candidate, one Mr Brett Ritchie. He of the six points in four games since returning from injury, that Mr. Ritchie. Funny, I tell Yougo not to expect him to make an appearance until well after the new year or more likely next year, and then just a few short hours later Garbutt pulls his little stunt and Moen gets hurt. Viola the door is open. Ahhh, the fickle beast that is hockey. No official word yet on a call up, and since the game isn't until Saturday, and is in Dallas, they can wait until tomorrow or even game day to recall Ritchie or whomever they choose.