Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KC QB Situation

Yeah ...

Well, the GM who own Vick hates Romo worse (go figure), and the GM who owns Rivers wants McCoy or Rice and that aint happening.

I'm cool with Romo et al. Mean time I'll keep my eyes open.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yessir

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Yeah ...

Well, the GM who own Vick hates Romo worse (go figure), and the GM who owns Rivers wants McCoy or Rice and that aint happening.

I'm cool with Romo et al. Mean time I'll keep my eyes open.
    You're a dang trade-animal - good job reshaping that team

Thanks, Dyv, and thanks for all the input.

I'll keep ya posted.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

I should mention I have not even looked at rosters or draft for this year outside of well-documented players and trades.

1. I say don't count out Brady Quinn, not that it affects the stash move. I just think he's probably run through a good portion of his endorsement money and the guy has yet to get a fair shake. His development in Cleveland was a joke, as are most things there. He definitely is close to a "stars-aligning" kinda thing to get the time he needs to make it work, but I think some of the things mentioned in the post about Stanzi could have been said about Quinn after his draft (again time is working against him and he's nobody's sweetheart anymore).

2. Picking up Fitz was phenomenal. I'd draft him over Stafford any day so that essentially breaks down to Decker for Romo and Schaub, which would also be a no brainer for me. I'm a huge Lafell fan, ,I think he is going to see a massive stock boost this year. Not sure the other pieces in the deals, but losing a D is never bad, there's always a couple surprises and letdowns to target. I also think that, as talented as Detroit is, the Schwartz mentality is going to prevent that team from seeing its true upside. This IS a Vikes fan talking though...

3. Having Smith to slot in (not sure bye week matchups) in general when Romo faces a test is great. He's going to be a steady-eddie IMO this year. You don't need a stud QB in my experience to win a league, that's a decent combo, can't comment on Kaepernick as I have no idea who he is.

Great fun talking pigskin on these boards. I hope to become a frequent poster. I'm sure we all have boards we have used previously, but the more the merrier and I will try to use this one often. Unfortunately I won't be telling anyone in my league about it this year
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    I will try to use this one often. Unfortunately I won't be telling anyone in my league about it this year
    We'll be happy with 1 winner from each fantasy football league out there

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dyv View Post
    We'll be happy with 1 winner from each fantasy football league out there
    A gentleman never tells ;D
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg

Well....I did it.

I moved Rice for Megatron - straight up. Overall am very happy, long term especially.
    But now I need a #2 RB. With Britt, Fitz and CJ now on my roster I am going to try to move Doug Baldwin for Michael Bush-type of RB....or maybe CJ Spiller. Dunno if Baldwin gets me Spiller.

I may just sit tight, wait for cut down week and see if I can grab Turbin (Seahawks) for free. He could be a sneaky pick, as Lynch's backup.

Love to get Ben Tate, but I don't see that happening. Maybe AP???
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Interesting

Interesting league you're in - and I think you make out well in 'length of life expectancy' there with Megatron over Ray Ray.

I'd think your best value is to get an older RB who someone in a keeper might dish for a youngish WR (Baldwin type)

Go after Fred Jackson, Michael Turner, Ahmad Bradshaw type for fairly cheap

Or if you can, I like the values on Spiller, Ingram, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Daniel Thomas and I like Isaiah Pead if he's cheap enough

Keep in mind you don't have to have the top player at every position to win - your best bet may be to see which WR pops in value and trade one in the first few weeks of the year, but heck - if you can get a solid top 20-ish RB for your 4th string WR you probably should do it.

Baldwin was exactly who i was thinking of. Spiller sprung to mind but the GM is thin at RB. See this league traditionally has been RB dominant, since the 90's. It has been a highly coveted position. But the NFL has been transitioning to a pass happy spread attack, with WR and TE taking over the spotlight. In addition to which next year we are moving to a three WR lineup.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) GMs haven't grasped the ramifications of these changes, and, thus, still tend to overvalue RBs. Given their peak year life span, I do not.

I will say that Megatron is the ONLY WR I would have given up Ray-Ray for - let alone straight up.

If I can move Doug Baldwin for a RB like Bush (Reggie or Mike) or Sproles I will. Personally knowing I will go into 2013 with CJ Fitz and Britt in the new format will be a splendid thing to behold.

Very glad I did that deal.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Daniel Thomas is a great boom-bust. If he stays healthy (big if given last year) he did look very shifty in the games he played, and he hardly got a chance to get a rhythm going when he did get limited snaps.

I'm personally staying away from the Saints. If you could get M Bush that would be a swindle for Baldwin, he's a bit of a dud if you ask me. Who is going to get you AP? Baldwin? That's crazy talk even if AP is only playing 8 games.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

Who's a dud?

And no one would give me AP for D. Baldwin. I was just throwing out names
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not sold on Baldwin, yet so called him a dud. He wasn't slotted in much in our 3WR league last year, though I beleive he did come on strong towards the end of the year...?

Just thought AP was in the convo for him which would be nuts. I'd do Bush easy though if you can con the owner.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    Not sold on Baldwin, yet so called him a dud. He wasn't slotted in much in our 3WR league last year, though I beleive he did come on strong towards the end of the year...?

Just thought AP was in the convo for him which would be nuts. I'd do Bush easy though if you can con the owner.
    Yeah he wound up w/788yds which was tops among 'Hawks WRs (I believe). Consequently, many are projecting him to "break out" as their slot receiver. So I have been getting offers for him due to the hype.

As Dyv suggested, as my 4th receiver moving him for just about any #3, not to mention #2 RB would be worth the risk.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yep

A good #4 on your bench does you no good - football is about depth, absolutely - but you still need to maximize your starting roster AND have depth.

If I had to pick one or the other, though, I'd take starting roster first

The saga continues...

So I managed to flip Doug Baldwin for Hillis. My starters are thus:

Romo, McCoy, Hillis, Megatron, Fitzgerald, Cook, Seattle-D.

Given Charles' history, I have no problem standing on Hillis. But Charles' owner also owns Ingram and Spiller.

Initially, I'd like to se if I can flip Hillis for Spiller. The latter being younger more dynamic, despite being behind FredEx.

Opinions on this and Ingram's long term potential?
    @SmittysRant