Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: KC QB Situation

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    The saga continues...

So I managed to flip Doug Baldwin for Hillis. My starters are thus:

Romo, McCoy, Hillis, Megatron, Fitzgerald, Cook, Seattle-D.

Given Charles' history, I have no problem standing on Hillis. But Charles' owner also owns Ingram and Spiller.

Initially, I'd like to se if I can flip Hillis for Spiller. The latter being younger more dynamic, despite being behind FredEx.

Opinions on this and Ingram's long term potential?
    That's a solid flip - and especially early Hillis should get more carries while Jamaal eases into the game so you've at minimum bought yourself a few weeks. Is Turbin owned? I'm loving this Marshawn Lynch crap (I own him nowhere) - go scoop Turbin for free if you can? As for Hillis for Spiller - I doubt you'll get that, but try - that's an obvious upgrade and I don't care about Fred Jax. It's all about what Spiller can do on 15-18 carries per game and I think that's going to be solid.

Ingram I like more than all those guys, just because he's in a monster offense - and I always favor those.

Keep working on upgrading Hillis for any of your spare parts. Ultimately you need 2-3 guys of Hillis' quality to handle bye weeks and injuries so keep working on that RB depth too.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wish my league had this much trade action in it!
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    The saga continues...

So I managed to flip Doug Baldwin for Hillis. My starters are thus:

Romo, McCoy, Hillis, Megatron, Fitzgerald, Cook, Seattle-D.

Given Charles' history, I have no problem standing on Hillis. But Charles' owner also owns Ingram and Spiller.

Initially, I'd like to se if I can flip Hillis for Spiller. The latter being younger more dynamic, despite being behind FredEx.

Opinions on this and Ingram's long term potential?

We have a few concerns with Hillis. a)Injury history (last year was a train wreck) and competion. Is there a FA listing to choose from?
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    We have a few concerns with Hillis. a)Injury history (last year was a train wreck) and competion. Is there a FA listing to choose from?
    Thanks for the input, CR. Not many avail on the market at this point. We're a very old dynasty league that drafts in June. Any RB worth their salt is currently owned.

That said, one week prior to opening day our roster cuts are due, and supplemental round commences. Then the waiver wire is open.

So there is hope...just have to keep my eyes open.
    @SmittysRant

Default Help!

I know technically this should be on the trade board, but i really didn't want to re-type me entire team and league history (all of which are contained herein). Typing ain't my strong point.

Given my non-PPR 12 team dynasty league parameters, and my roster of starters (all contained in this thread...

I have an offer for his Julio Jones, Jonathan Stewart and first rounder (top five) for my McCoy and Brit.

I love Julio and have been bugging him forever, and he finally call my bluff.

I am on the fence on this one, and need some objective guidance...please.

Thanks Dyv, and gents.

EDIT:
    I should note two things: First my starters are thus Romo, McCoy, Hillis, Megatron, Fitz, Cook; Second next year we are moving to a three WR set.

Last, my POV...I really love Jones...worried about Britt's antics, and love the top five first rounder BUT dunno if I need to move McCoy (given his worth).
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; July 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default No way IMO

I wouldn't take that trade - McCoy is an absolute stud and it's not like Britt's antics hurt you on the field, do they? Don't buy the press and the idiot writers who focus on garbage. Bottom line is Britt's immature, but a hell of a productive WR, especially as a young #3 for your team, he's not even a starter this year.

What would you do with Julio Jones? You already have the top 2 WR in the league on your squad - make a further trade for another RB?

Stewart is a solid player with reasonable upside, but man don't pay McCoy - he's worth too much.

Thanks Dyv, that's the way I was leaning as well, but my man crush on Julio was getting in the way of reason.

Appreciate the input.
    @SmittysRant