Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DobberProspects' 2012 NHL Draft Day Thread

Dobber Sports Ninja

Buffalo made out like bandits, and Pittsburgh did well also - and looks to be lining up for a big offseason The loss of Staal is going to be fascinating to follow.

Glad the Oilers went with Yakupov as expected and was quite surprised to see Forsberg fall as much as he did, but can't read too much into it since there was such a crazy rush on defensemen.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Buffalo made out like bandits, and Pittsburgh did well also - and looks to be lining up for a big offseason The loss of Staal is going to be fascinating to follow.

Glad the Oilers went with Yakupov as expected and was quite surprised to see Forsberg fall as much as he did, but can't read too much into it since there was such a crazy rush on defensemen.
    It's amazing how many d-men went in a row in the first round.. It really makes the teams looking for forwards later in the draft so excited they were probably peeing in their pants..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm god damn excited Teravainen fell to the Hawks. How the hell did that happen?

Having Saad and Teravainen as the top 2 LW's in a few years is going to be amazing.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I think the Leafs should be targeting a Aberg, Collberg, Frk, Di Giuseppe. Surprised to see Collberg slide through the first
    Add Maidens to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    like the Rielly pick but you guys would have been pissed if you had 1st overall and they picked him haha
    And I would def be pissed! haha

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Comparable style: Carey Price. Big brother playing for the Habs. Malcolm couldn't have gone for the better team. Looking forward the rivalry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I'm god damn excited Teravainen fell to the Hawks. How the hell did that happen?

Having Saad and Teravainen as the top 2 LW's in a few years is going to be amazing.
    More like your future #2C. His natural position is center and hawks need center more than wing.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Why? He could very well turn out to be the best defenseman of this draft. He's one of a few that possesses that Letang/Karlsson type of game.

I think the Leafs should be targeting a Aberg, Collberg, Frk, Di Giuseppe. Surprised to see Collberg slide through the first
    Just Players I liked more
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So who can we expect to see in the NHL next season? Yakupov, probably Murray, Dumba, Grigorenko, maybe Tanner Pearson?

Banned

i have no idea how to project Teravainen...HUGE riser, then become a HUGE faller. Makes no sense! I'll pass on him in fantasy now. Must be something bad about him, maybe he won't be able to add weight. Or Finns are just not hihgly regarded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfreunde View Post
    So who can we expect to see in the NHL next season? Yakupov, probably Murray, Dumba, Grigorenko, maybe Tanner Pearson?
    Yakupov, Murray are the only 2 locks.

Dumba, no.

Grigorenko, could use another year in Quebec.

Tanner Pearson no way.

Reinhart has a good chance.

Ceci has a good chance depending on other D signings. He's a 1993.

That's about it I see.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yakupov, Murray are the only 2 locks.

Dumba, no.

Grigorenko, could use another year in Quebec.

Tanner Pearson no way.

Reinhart has a good chance.

Ceci has a good chance depending on other D signings. He's a 1993.

That's about it I see.
    I agree with Big Ev. If Grigorenko ended up on another team (say Toronto) then maybe he'd be in the bigs this year. But with Buffalo I would hope they give him another year in the Q.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Galchenyuk will make the Habs. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind he's NHL ready and the Habs have a glaring need for someone to step in and take over the 2nd line C duties.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    I think Galchenyuk will make the Habs. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind he's NHL ready and the Habs have a glaring need for someone to step in and take over the 2nd line C duties.
    How is there not a slightest doubt in your mind? The guy just lost a WHOLE YEAR of development. He is definitely not NHL ready due to this factor alone. Would be stupid to play him next year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

How is there not a slightest doubt in your mind? The guy just lost a WHOLE YEAR of development. He is definitely not NHL ready due to this factor alone. Would be stupid to play him next year.
    Agreeing with Big Ev way too much tonight compared to usual......

Really though...he's a player that the Habs better realize they can't rush.

Dobber Sports Veteran

A year lost or not it doesn't matter. I've watched him play and he's just as NHL ready as Nail Yakupov if not more so. His compete level, physical fitness and skill are second to none. In fact I think there's a good chance he becomes the best player out of this draft. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Insult my opinion if you like, but if Zibanejad can play 9 games for the Senators right out of the draft, Galchenyuk can play 82.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    A year lost or not it doesn't matter. I've watched him play and he's just as NHL ready as Nail Yakupov if not more so. His compete level, physical fitness and skill are second to none. In fact I think there's a good chance he becomes the best player out of this draft. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Insult my opinion if you like, but if Zibanejad can play 9 games for the Senators right out of the draft, Galchenyuk can play 82.
    I think he is a great fit for the Habs, and what they need right now. I hope your right.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.