Thread: Adrian Peterson

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Adrian Peterson

I'm sure his status will be an ongoing topic up until drafts start and throughout the year.

Here's the latest on him as per NFL Insider Michael Fabiano:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/s...-still-concern

Michael Fabiano: I did see Ian Rapoport's interview with Peterson, and it's tough not to look at it as anything but positive. A.D. ran hard, did some other rehab-related drills and seems to be on pace for the start of the season. But did we see him make any hard, lateral cuts? No. Did we see him on the field trying to avoid tacklers? Not yet. This whole thing actually reminds me of when Wes Welker made his miraculous (and quick) return from major knee reconstruction in 2010. We saw him running, catching passes and looking pretty good in camps - then he went on to post his lowest reception and yardage totals since he joined the New England Patriots. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay the progress Peterson is making in his recovery from a serious ACL injury. It's amazing. I just need to see more before I consider him even a low-end No. 1 fantasy running back for 2012.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default I'll wait to hear more

But right now the way I'm treating AP is 'stay away' - obviously there's a point where his value become worth taking (round 3? 4?) but putting my first or second round pick into him? No thanks, I have plenty of good options at those points in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyv View Post
    But right now the way I'm treating AP is 'stay away' - obviously there's a point where his value become worth taking (round 3? 4?) but putting my first or second round pick into him? No thanks, I have plenty of good options at those points in the draft.
    For what my opinion is worth, that is sound advice. Too many fantasy GMs jumping on AP trade offers. Stay away...
    @SmittysRant