Thread: Damarius Thomas

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Damarius Thomas

Not sure if I spelled his first name right. He had good chemistry with Tebow at the end of the season and he was going to be a sleeper pick for me this coming season but the Broncos acquired Manning and traded Tebow. Do you think Thomas will do well with Manning? Would you prefer him over Decker?
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Big difference

Big difference between Tebow hurling the ball into the air and letting Demaryius' jump and get it versus the route and timing connections that Peyton is developing with these guys right now.

It's hard to figure out Thomas vs. Decker since both are arguably top 30 WR with Manning in town. Whether one is #17 or the other is #22 I'll tell you for sure they are both receivers you'd like to have on your roster. Both are 6'3" and great NFL size, good hands, good speed and now have enough time under their belts to take a step up in the NFL. Both could surpass 1000 yards and both could touch double digit TD's this year. For myself? I love identifying guys like this in a tier of value and draft whoever falls to me.

Keep in mind that timing is a very big part of the NFL and it will take some time for Peyton to develop it with both of these big WR. Don't be surprised if they have a slow game or two to start the year, either.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Decker would be the easy pick in PPR. His crisp route running and fearlessness over the middle will be something Peyton loves.

On the other hand, Thomas is a physical specimen and has the ability to go and get balls, not quite Megatron-like, but some of that type of skill-set.

Thomas will have his huge games for you, where he busts out 100+ yds and a TD or two. Decker will be consistent and you won't have to worry as much about matchups.

These two are prime examples of players you should be watching in the 3rd preseason game to see the chemistry they've developed with Manning, as well as the type of play calls they are being used in.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yes

Totally agree - and we'll also get a feel for where Manning is physically by then. If he can't hit the deep balls like is being reported early then Decker up and Demaryius down

Dobber Sports Novice

Manning is going to make everyone better on the Bronco's.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Bronc's are going to be an all around improved team this season.. Providing Manning's neck holds up and he is good to go every week..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Not sure if I spelled his first name right. He had good chemistry with Tebow at the end of the season and he was going to be a sleeper pick for me this coming season but the Broncos acquired Manning and traded Tebow. Do you think Thomas will do well with Manning? Would you prefer him over Decker?
    I think his chemistry with Manning will be FAR better than what Tebow was able to produce and I think Demaryius is a top 20 WR. Decker is in the same conversation, however - I'd call them both top 25 talent and argue with people over a beer if one is #19 and the other is #22 - get them both if you can at the right spot in your draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

None of their receivers will be any good if Manning can't throw. If Manning is healthy then their receivers are all fantasy gold. Its easy to say that Manning is an upgrade over Tebow which I'm sure even 50% of Manning is, but if he can't throw the deep ball at all you are going to see defenses taking advantage of those inaccuracies. I believe he will be fine and will be the come back player of the year.
    Girrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooux