Thread: Helu vs. Ingram

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Helu vs. Ingram

This trade was offerred to me this offseason in a 14 team standard 0.5 PPR keeper League.
    I drafted Ingram 1.01 in the rookie draft. I still have high hopes for him long term but he's stuck in a crowded NO backfield. Helu has good upside but is also stuck in a crowded and unpredictable backfield in WASH.

So, who is the better option this year and long term??

northstar55

Dobber Sports Novice

I know Shanny has a bad reputation when it comes to RB's but I love Helu this year. He's a shifty back that is very dangerous in the passing game. This year I fully expect Helu to break out and be a legit top 15 back. Give me Helu and it's not even close.

I'd go Helu this year. But long term it's anyone's guess. Ingram may not be ready for camp, and the injuries last year set him back. The ya got Thomas, Ivory and Sproles who all more than make up for his loss.

Helu is no lock with Hightower and Royster not to mention Shanny's penchant for changing up RBs like I change my socks. but short term I'd rather have Helu.

No to mention the dark cloud O'karma hanging over NO this year.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'll go the other way on this one - with RG3 potentially running a lot and the crowded backfield I'm not super high on Helu. I can certainly plot out his path to value easily enough - the 'Shanny Factor' could have me as their starting RB by week 7 so watch for me on the waiver wire, too. Having said that - weapons in New Orleans offense appeal to me. He comes highly touted, highly drafted and has 3-down ability with his burst, style and pass catching ability. If it was single season I MIGHT lean Helu, but for keeper value - give me Ingram.

And, if I could - I'd trade both or either of them for a good quality WR and then once I see what shakes out with starter/committee use that good quality WR to get a starting RB without the mystery

Fact is - BOTH are committee backs - which should tell you they'll be usable, but not great. And for 2012 there's almost nothing that will change their committee roles short of multiple injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyv View Post
    I'll go the other way on this one - with RG3 potentially running a lot and the crowded backfield I'm not super high on Helu. I can certainly plot out his path to value easily enough - the 'Shanny Factor' could have me as their starting RB by week 7 so watch for me on the waiver wire, too. Having said that - weapons in New Orleans offense appeal to me. He comes highly touted, highly drafted and has 3-down ability with his burst, style and pass catching ability. If it was single season I MIGHT lean Helu, but for keeper value - give me Ingram.

And, if I could - I'd trade both or either of them for a good quality WR and then once I see what shakes out with starter/committee use that good quality WR to get a starting RB without the mystery

Fact is - BOTH are committee backs - which should tell you they'll be usable, but not great. And for 2012 there's almost nothing that will change their committee roles short of multiple injuries.
    Agreed. And i would expand only that if you're counting on either one to produce week-in/week-out...other than Helu in a flex spot, I'd avoid both (the trade was a great idea, in fact).

As a #2, I still prefer Helu in a one year. Long term I take Ingram. but I would sit on him 'till at least the second half.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ingram is my pick. Keep Shannahan's carousel as far away from me as possible.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks boys.
    I'll stick with Ingram. That is unless he throws in an extra pick.

northstar55