Thread: Dobber curse?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Dobber curse?

Yes, Yu Darvish has had a good start with the Texas Rangers, but the other two players featured in the Dobberbaseball site banner are struggling to start the season.

Jose Bautista is hitting a disappointing .187, and his OBP is a paltry .318, slugging .355.

As for Mr.Tulowitzki, he has 7 errors already this season after making only 6 all of last season. He is on pace for 17 homers and 74 RBI, a small cry from his 30 HR, 105 RBI campaign a year ago.

Is this a curse? Just to be safe, can we change the banner to include players I don't own in any of my leagues?

My offer: Kemp, Fielder and Beltran.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by watchingthegame View Post
    Yes, Yu Darvish has had a good start with the Texas Rangers, but the other two players featured in the Dobberbaseball site banner are struggling to start the season.

Jose Bautista is hitting a disappointing .187, and his OBP is a paltry .318, slugging .355.

As for Mr.Tulowitzki, he has 7 errors already this season after making only 6 all of last season. He is on pace for 17 homers and 74 RBI, a small cry from his 30 HR, 105 RBI campaign a year ago.

Is this a curse? Just to be safe, can we change the banner to include players I don't own in any of my leagues?

My offer: Kemp, Fielder and Beltran.
    Before you can call this a curse, we need to give these guys some time. They're all very good players and there's a reason we selected them for the banner.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I...am your father.

I'm not cursed, and here's why - I own Josh Hamilton

Woo hoooooooo!

Shot up to 2nd place just from last night
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

dbsnydes

patience, young padawan.

Tulowitzki is actually a notorious slow starter. check out his career OPS per month:

APR - .747
    MAY - .751
    JUN - .886
    JUL - 945
    AUG - .936
    SEP - .932

And Joey Bats is just getting unlucky; his .176 BABIP is second worst in the league!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Before you can call this a curse, we need to give these guys some time. They're all very good players and there's a reason we selected them for the banner.
    My post was 100% tongue in cheek. Sorry if I offended you, I just noticed Bautista and Tulowitzki are off to slow starts since I have them each in a couple leagues. I know they'll turn things around. Just havin' some fun.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm not cursed, and here's why - I own Josh Hamilton

Woo hoooooooo!

Shot up to 2nd place just from last night
    Prepare for the inevitable DL stint, Mr.Dobber haha. I own Hamilton in two leagues as well so let's not talk about him TOO much just in case...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by watchingthegame View Post
    My post was 100% tongue in cheek. Sorry if I offended you, I just noticed Bautista and Tulowitzki are off to slow starts since I have them each in a couple leagues. I know they'll turn things around. Just havin' some fun.
    Nope, you didn't offend me at all.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."