Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Hockey Q&A - May 7, 2012

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Hey Dobber,

What type of offensive numbers do you see from Stefan Elliott and Ryan Murphy for the next 3 years.

Thanks
    I'm just throwing darts here, but my gut says
    Elliott

Murphy
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    I'm in a dynasty league that counts a bunch of categories for skaters, among them hits and blocked shots. Should I get myself into a deal where I would send Patrick Kane away for Dustin Brown plus, and if so, what territory should that plus be in?
    If the categories are all equal, that plus can be anything you want. Brown is ideal. Not only will he be within 15 points of Kane, but a Top 5 guy in hits to boot.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Dobber,

Where do you see the role of advanced stats in the hockey world as it relates to fantasy hockey? Have you done much research on some of the more obscure stats like CORSI and the like and if so do you have an opinion on them?

Do you think there is a future for the use of some of these advanced stats in gaining an edge in fantasy hockey?
    I spent some time studying Corsi and trying to determine if it would help. I haven't shut the door on it yet, but at this point I'm not ready to make it a prominent part of what I research, write about, and present in fantasy guides. I think it's an indicator of a player's potential if the coach gives him more ice/better linemates...but it still boils down to the coach. If you know that the coach cares about/knows about his players' Corsi numbers then obviously that would be a huge edge...for analyzing players on that particular team

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Hey Dobber, I'm in a deep 24 team H2H dynasty league (23 active and 27 man farm rosters). All the standard scoring categories plus H, BLK, SHP, and FOW. If he can complete a successful rehab, do you see James Sheppard being fantasy relevant in that sort of league setup? What do you see as a reasonable ceiling and baseline for him going forward? I do have the option for now to leave him stashed on the farm roster until he gets a call up next season with the Sharks.
    I don't think it's reasonable to expect any numbers at all from Sheppard. 'Expect' being the operative word. At best, he'll come in and post Torrey Mitchell-like numbers this season and stay healthy for 75 games. If he does that, then I'll be ready to consider him a potential 50+ player by 2014

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thanks for taking questions Dobber.

My question to you:

You own the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming prospects draft. In a H2H yahoo dynasty league with the following settings:

Skater Stat Categories
    Goals (G)
    Assists (A)
    Plus/Minus (+/-)
    Power Play Points (PPP)
    Shots on Goal (SOG)
    Penalty Minutes (PIM)
    Hits (H)
    Blocked Shots (BS)

Who do you take 2nd overall assuming Yakupov goes first for your fantasy team and why?
    Grigorenko, I don't care about perceived inconsistencies. If just one notable scout compared him to being the 'Malkin' to Yakupov's 'Ovechkin' then I'm on board.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleemans View Post
    These are for the team and league in my signature.

I finished 8th of 12 teams this year, and ended up with 47 out of a possible 48 points in our 4 goalie categories.

Trade 1:
    My Rask and Little
    for
    D.Sedin, Ribeiro, J.Gustavsson

I would hate to lose Rask, but would still have Lundqvist, Halak, Elliott. Gustavsson has little value, so I would ask for something else to be added. My offense is hurting and D.S. would really help.

Trade 2:
    My Parise, Tarasenko
    for
    L.Erikkson, R. Johansen, 2012 11th overall pick (mostly 2012 draftees)

I would lose the best player here in Parise, and am not sure if the rest makes up for it.

Thanks for your help.
    I don't like either deal. Hold tight, and see what else you can get. Try to tweak instead of tear apart - trade Elliott for a dark horse forward. Keep Rask
    Little and Parise will help your offense next year waaay more than this year.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Keeper League Points Only. Where do you think these Sabres will top out in the "prime" of their careers?? I realize you have stated this in the guides. But just wondering if anything has changed. And if Roy leaves via trade, maybe one or two of these guys get more points??

Vanek
    Ennis
    Stafford
    Gerbe
    Roy
    Adam
    Vanek - should 73, could 85
    Ennis - should 78, could 85
    Stafford - should 68, could 75
    Gerbe - should 64, could 85
    Roy - should 80, could 85
    Adam - should 57, could 70

Not all in the same year, but best year

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ovie vs. Giroux in a points-only keeper...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Is moving my Berglund for his Clowe worthwhile in my team below?
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch