Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Q&A - May 7, 2012

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey Dobber,

Thanks for doing this. I have a few questions....

1) Is there any team that Rick Nash could land that you would consider keeping him over Bobby Ryan or Zach Parise?

2) Who is a better keep in a points only league, Anze Kopitar or Jamie Benn

3) In a points only keeper is Parise, Karlsson and a 1st round pick in our re draft too steep a price to pay for Crosby and Pietrangelo?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Dobber my man, whats up?? I always love having the opportunity to chat with the big guy!!

Points Only Keeper league...... Who would you rather have going forward and know matter who you pick, you have time to wait.

Rundblad or Blum ??? And a quick why the selection??

Thanks buddy.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Dobber,

In your opinion, how do you rank these players for production next season. Im mostly looking for points, but its for team 1 in my sig. I'll probably use the bottom 2 as trade bait

Wheeler
    Filppula
    Burrows
    Michalek
    C. Stewart

Thanks
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Team and league in my signature.

I have the 5th pick in our upcoming prospect draft. Let's say the three Russians and Forsberg go 1-4. Is there another forward you like at #5 or do you take Justin Schultz, or a D from this draft class?

Thanks Dobber!

The Great One

Teräväinen
    Read
    Descharnais
    Henrique
    Hagelin
    Bjugstad
    Stone

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hello Dobber !

In a roto 8 keepers, categories are :

G, A, +/-, PIM, SHP, PPP, GW, SOG, Hits

Current keepers :

Crosby, Backstrom(Wsh), Getzlaf, P. Kane, T. Hall, Howard and Varlamov

I have to choose between, J. Carter, M. Hossa or Pacioretty or Neuvirth for my final keeper. Tough call....

Position does not really matters because we have 2 UTIL spots. At this point, I am leaning toward Hossa but his injury scares me a little bit.

What are your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sorry, something is missing, categories for goalies are W, SV%, GAA and SHO.

Thanks again.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyg3 View Post
    Hi Dobber,

In your opinion what are the top 5 players which will have the greatest increase in "value" next season and why?

Cheers

-Scott
    Here's a question best asked after I've started the Fantasy Guide! I could give you five names now, and have not one of them appear six weeks from now in a Top 5.

But I did address this in a recent THN column:
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...increases.html
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureX View Post
    Hey Dobbs, this is great!

Few questions:

1) Do you see Blum playing fulltime next season? If so, will he make an impact?

2) Seems like a no brainer but, Ovechkin at 9m for 1 year. Is he worth it? Does he get back to his usual self next season?

3) Sean Couturier - impact next season?

Thanks for answering our questions.
    1. Yes, and no
    2. Ovechkin won't bounce back much if Hunter stays
    3. Couturier, little offensive impact next year. Maybe 40 points. I'll liken his progress to Jordan Staal

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by haze_tech View Post
    Another one...

How many starts do you think Bishop will have in Ottawa next year. Does he have the potential to steal Anderson job and become the #1 goalie ? Would you take Hedberg or Bishop as a safety goalie ?

I ask about Shaw earlier. You've said that he won't be a 150 PIM player like Clarkson and Ott but with what we're seeing in Chicago this year, I can belilve that it won't be hard for him to be a 100 PIM player. Do you think the same ?

Finally, did heard about Puempel and Khokhlachev progression lately ?

Cheers
    Bishop should get 15 starts and I would rather own him than Hedberg. He could steal from Anderson if Anderson has an injury-filled year, as he did with Colorado

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by The Messier Scowl View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

1) Do you think Mike Green is in for a big bounceback next year?
    2) How will Jack Johnson do in the hockey crater that is Columbus?
    Green - yes, he'll bounce back but I fear that the Caps are becoming Nashville. Where the elite players get 70, then a bunch of 50-point guys (like Green will be)
    JJ - I like how he performed after the trade and I think he should flirt with 45 to 50

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey Dobber,

What type of offensive numbers do you see from Stefan Elliott and Ryan Murphy for the next 3 years.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm in a dynasty league that counts a bunch of categories for skaters, among them hits and blocked shots. Should I get myself into a deal where I would send Patrick Kane away for Dustin Brown plus, and if so, what territory should that plus be in?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber,

Where do you see the role of advanced stats in the hockey world as it relates to fantasy hockey? Have you done much research on some of the more obscure stats like CORSI and the like and if so do you have an opinion on them?

Do you think there is a future for the use of some of these advanced stats in gaining an edge in fantasy hockey?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hey Dobber, I'm in a deep 24 team H2H dynasty league (23 active and 27 man farm rosters). All the standard scoring categories plus H, BLK, SHP, and FOW. If he can complete a successful rehab, do you see James Sheppard being fantasy relevant in that sort of league setup? What do you see as a reasonable ceiling and baseline for him going forward? I do have the option for now to leave him stashed on the farm roster until he gets a call up next season with the Sharks.