Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Q&A - May 7, 2012

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by CYiWON View Post
    I'm surprised, I thought there would be more action with this. I'll ask another.

1). In your opinion, what are the best 4th liners in FHLsim leagues?

2). I have Emmerton/Geoffrion in my prospect pool and I'm curious what their upsides are?
    I don't get the first question, I don't play Sim leagues...

I don't think Emmerton or Geoffrion will get to 55 points, though Geoffrion may get 50. But as for upsides, both of them "could" get to 60+, but a lot of things need to fall their way and I don't see their roles as third liners changing.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Welcome to the forum!

Put me down for PK Subban under those categories

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by thedavid View Post
    Hi Dobber,

Curious about what you think of Penner going forward. I have him in a points only keeper. Should I be cutting bait?

Thanks!
    I would - this playoff run will get him another $3 million contract, but I don't trust his production at all for next season. Maybe he's tradeable?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by haze_tech View Post
    Hi Dobber,

I make a mistake... I ask my question on the wrong place... Sorry about that. I start again...

I have two questions for you if you don't mind.

First, where do you think Vokoun will land next year (and do you think he'll find a Nhl team)? My bet is probably Columbus or maybe Chicago if I'm lucky...

Second, What do you think of Andrew Shaw. Does he have the potential to become a points/pims producer like Ott and Clarkson ?

Thanks for your time...
    Shaw - not the PIM, but the points should be similar or a little better

Vokoun - I think he goes to the loser of the Luongo sweepstakes, stays in the NHL. Columbus also possible. I don't think Chicago will address goaltending. Call it a hunch.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by allonblack View Post
    Next season the team in my sig is upping our goalies from 2 to 3...I have the second overall pick and there are a couple goalies who are FAs that are guaranteed to be there when we draft in the fall (not including all non-keepers that will be dropped). Elliott, Backstrom, and Holtby are the most notable guys available...with the keepers I already have being pretty evenly distributed, would it make sense to snag one of these guys unless a super good player is available (like Yakupov, etc)? I'm leaning towards Holtby but any extra insight is always appreciated! Thanks for doing this again!
    Holtby is the right move. I think the Caps will roll with him next season. Backstrom is the pick to make if you want to play it safe, but I like Holtby

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Dobber, one more if you are up for it .....

Where would you rank Silfverberg in a points only keeper compared to these 4players?

Kadri
    Nyquist
    Dalpe
    Niederreiter
    At this point, if I owned those four players, I would trade any one of them for Silf, with the exception of Nyquist.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you for doing this Dobber. I have a couple.

My team and league settings are in my signature. I've been trying to swing trades this offseason to improve my RW, but most of the guys in my league likely won't pay attention until draft day in September. The manager with the first overall pick inherited the team from a guy who basically traded away his all of his good players (including Getzlaf for Nick Foligno and Tomas Kaberle...and Letang for Ryan Smyth) and quit. I've offered him JvR, John Carlson and my first (9th out of 10) for his first but I doubt he'll accept.

So, it's likely I go into the draft with the team as is. My questions are:

1. I'm currently keeping 4 D - Karlsson, Phaneuf (we give points for hits), Edler and Green. Am I keeping too many D? Is there a forward I'm leaving out that might be a better pick?

2. We only start 1 goalie, and the only points are for wins and SOs. Last year only 4 goalies were kept in a 10 team league. I drafted Rinne and Halak very late. Most people on the boards think I'd be crazy not to keep Rinne, but I didn't keep a goalie last year and still came in 2nd. WHat are your thoughts on this? Is Rinne a "must keep"?

Thanks again,

A
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Thank you for doing this Dobber. I have a couple.

My team and league settings are in my signature. I've been trying to swing trades this offseason to improve my RW, but most of the guys in my league likely won't pay attention until draft day in September. The manager with the first overall pick inherited the team from a guy who basically traded away his all of his good players (including Getzlaf for Nick Foligno and Tomas Kaberle...and Letang for Ryan Smyth) and quit. I've offered him JvR, John Carlson and my first (9th out of 10) for his first but I doubt he'll accept.

So, it's likely I go into the draft with the team as is. My questions are:

1. I'm currently keeping 4 D - Karlsson, Phaneuf (we give points for hits), Edler and Green. Am I keeping too many D? Is there a forward I'm leaving out that might be a better pick?

2. We only start 1 goalie, and the only points are for wins and SOs. Last year only 4 goalies were kept in a 10 team league. I drafted Rinne and Halak very late. Most people on the boards think I'd be crazy not to keep Rinne, but I didn't keep a goalie last year and still came in 2nd. WHat are your thoughts on this? Is Rinne a "must keep"?

Thanks again,

A
    Rinne is a must keep - the best goalie to own (arguably, but for sure Top 3). Keep him and get a leg up on W and SO

Your keepers are fine, I would do the same thing

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hi Dobber,

In your opinion what are the top 5 players which will have the greatest increase in "value" next season and why?

Cheers

-Scott
    League info

16 H2H Keeper, (keep 15, max 2 G, min 2 D).

Starters (4 LW, 4 C, 4 RW, 6-D, 2-G) 8 bench spots

G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG FOW SOG HIT BLK DEF GS W L GA SO MIN GAA SV%

G: Halak, Hiller, Emery, Elliott, Lindback
    D: Keith, Edler, Carlson, Timonen, Donovan, Robidas
    LW: Parise, Vanek, Prospal, Jokinen
    C: Thornton, Backstrom, Roy, Scheifele, Zajac, Pirri
    RW: Clarkson, Voracek, Dupuis, Franzen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey Dobbs, this is great!

Few questions:

1) Do you see Blum playing fulltime next season? If so, will he make an impact?

2) Seems like a no brainer but, Ovechkin at 9m for 1 year. Is he worth it? Does he get back to his usual self next season?

3) Sean Couturier - impact next season?

Thanks for answering our questions.
    Last edited by NatureX; May 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM.
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bishop

Another one...

How many starts do you think Bishop will have in Ottawa next year. Does he have the potential to steal Anderson job and become the #1 goalie ? Would you take Hedberg or Bishop as a safety goalie ?

I ask about Shaw earlier. You've said that he won't be a 150 PIM player like Clarkson and Ott but with what we're seeing in Chicago this year, I can belilve that it won't be hard for him to be a 100 PIM player. Do you think the same ?

Finally, did heard about Puempel and Khokhlachev progression lately ?

Cheers
    Last edited by haze_tech; May 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM.
    2014 Champion
    2015 Champion

18 teams league, G ; A ; Pts ; PIM ; +/- ; Wins ; %.
    22 players max/ team but only 8F 4D 2G are used each week.
    Farm or/and 2 way contract: 8F, 4D, 2G

Team
    F- S.Crosby, A.Ovechkin, J.Thornton, T.Johnson, N.Bjugstad, Radulov, Nyquist, R.Strome, Drouin
    D- Faulk, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Stralman, Gardiner, J.Morrow
    G- Rask, Talbot,

Farm
    Nichushkin, Dvorak, Poirier, N.Ritchie, D.Pouliot, Zadorov, Kuemper, M.Murray, Hackett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

1) Do you think Mike Green is in for a big bounceback next year?
    2) How will Jack Johnson do in the hockey crater that is Columbus?

Dobber Sports Ace

Dobber -

1. I know one of the recent questions above was related to Jon Blum for next season. Would like to hear your thoughts on him longer term. Is he a good acquire right now? I'd have him taking up a bench slot if I did.

2. Markstrom had his second knee surgery this year. Is he a band-aid boy in the making and currently what do you see as his timeline to the #1 goalie slot in FLA?

3. Perron - is he going to be primarily a 1st liner next year in STL or is the scoring by committee situation going to continue there?

4. Crawford - where do you put his over/under at starting the season in CHI as the #1 keeper next year?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Enapai; May 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank you in advance for the responses.

1. I own Luongo in a dyanasty league. It is start 2 goalies with stats of W, GAA, SV%, SO, SV. I also own Rinne and Anderson. With the tenuous situation in Vancouver, would you look to trade Luongo? Will he be just as good elsewhere if he is traded?

2. Of these players, which is most likely to repeat or better their performace of this past season and who is least likely to repeat:

Giroux, Ovechkin, M.Smith, Spezza, Kovalchuk, Neal, Karlsson, Seguin, Parenteau, Vrbata.

Thanks again.
    12 team Dynasty league: 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 1util 5BN 3IR
    G A PPP SHP +/- SOG FOW PIM Hits Blocks W GAA SV% SV SO
    C: Spezza Vermette Weiss E. Staal B. Richards
    LW: Higgins, J. Jokinen Neal Parise Ennis Marleau
    RW: Brouwer Knuble Parenteau Pominville Purcell Voracek
    D: Byfuglien Corvo Giordano Hamonic Lydman Robidas Peckham
    G: Anderson Luongo Rinne

Farm: Coyle Geoffrion Gragnani Nyquist Jeffrey Hamilton

Dobber Sports Pro

2-parter:

1. Do you see Holtby as a sell high or a hold in a dynasty league?

2. Where do you see him rising to in your next goalie rankings?
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...