Thread: Navigation update

I...am your father.

Default Navigation update

The main banner has changed, as you've noticed. I pulled an audible and decided to use this one. More suitable for this forum. Clicking it takes you to the dobbersports.com hub.

The thin banner along the top will soon have a drop-box that will allow you to go to hockey, baseball, prospects, goalie post, HPG, or Frozen Pool so the sites can be navigated that way.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Awesome stuff. Thanks Dobber.

Dobber Sports Monster

nice. I especially like that we'll be able to navigate around. I'm gonna miss the hockey banner though.

The Wolverine

Good work.

Just an idea for down the road - is it possible to come up with the same DSN banner with hockey and baseball photos included? Maybe as a watermark so it doesn't overload it? I'm no graphic designer so not sure if possible or what it would look like.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Good work.

Just an idea for down the road - is it possible to come up with the same DSN banner with hockey and baseball photos included? Maybe as a watermark so it doesn't overload it? I'm no graphic designer so not sure if possible or what it would look like.
    You just like staring at the cartoon dobber don't you! lol

Doing something for hockey and baseball wouldn't be too far off, but what if the trend continues? Say Dobber Sports grows to like five different sports... that would be a banner of Dobbers!!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    You just like staring at the cartoon dobber don't you! lol

Doing something for hockey and baseball wouldn't be too far off, but what if the trend continues? Say Dobber Sports grows to like five different sports... that would be a banner of Dobbers!!
    Haha I wasn't even thinking of adding more cartoon Dobbers! But similar to the previous banners but perhaps having a photo of one hockey player and one baseball player in the background, rather than just black as it currently stands. If the site grows, then it can be re-evaluated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    The main banner has changed, as you've noticed. I pulled an audible and decided to use this one.
    And good to see you chose one where you have a nose
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; May 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Anyone else having trouble getting to the Hockey page from the All sports page from the dropdown?

Maybe it's a cache thing for me, but just thought I'd ask.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Anyone else having trouble getting to the Hockey page from the All sports page from the dropdown?

Maybe it's a cache thing for me, but just thought I'd ask.
    I find the forums is the only thing that continues to run properly for me...anytime I venture over to the main site its just brutally slow and often the pages don't load at all, they just spin and spin. For example, if I were to try to login off the main site page (where it has the register/login section) I'd never get into the site, but if I just log in to the forums directly I'm off to the races no problem. That's definitely something you need to get resolved Dobber, you don't wanna be trying to sell the prospect guide and have users not able to login or sign up to buy it!

Dobber Sports Veteran

The thin banner along the top will soon have a drop-box that will allow you to go to hockey, baseball, prospects, goalie post, HPG, or Frozen Pool so the sites can be navigated that way.
    Is there an alternative to the drop box? Drop boxes don't work well on touch screens.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmamadog317 View Post
    Is there an alternative to the drop box? Drop boxes don't work well on touch screens.
    At the bottom, Dobber Sports Forum links to DobberHockey, use that one

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

At the bottom, Dobber Sports Forum links to DobberHockey, use that one
    Everyone - Hockey has been screwed up for 14 hours now - victim of a hack attack, relentless connections and shifting IPs. We have been working on it all day, can't find the thing to fix this. But DobberHockey has slowed to a crawl and I feel helpless

Dobber Sports Pro

Everyone - Hockey has been screwed up for 14 hours now - victim of a hack attack, relentless connections and shifting IPs. We have been working on it all day, can't find the thing to fix this. But DobberHockey has slowed to a crawl and I feel helpless
    It is working great for me at the moment

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."