Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Forum

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Is there any way to remove any and all baseball threads from the "New Posts" function, like in some setting or preferences deal? Really annoying to have to sift through random baseball threads when I don't care one bit about them.
    Yes, that was the first thing that caught my eye. I'll look into a way to solve that issue. But definitely a serious one
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    So... I keep all post counts and rep power if I visit the baseball threads? That seems very wrong. I don't know the first thing about baseball... Personally I hate the integrated forum. I have absolutely no interest in baseball. I also don't like having to scroll through baseball sections to get to the lounge.

I'm not sure why the baseball is being force fed to me. You don't hear me complain about much around here but this... I don't like. I don't see any upside for me, as Dobberhockey user.
    It's the only way to make my new shop work, and I need the new shop so I can have flexible packages. Force-feeding is not the goal, it's collateral damage. Very sorry

You should not have to scroll through any baseball section to get to the lounge. I will be fixing the navigation Sunday to make going to hockey or prospects or 'other' or baseball an easier process.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    It's the only way to make my new shop work, and I need the new shop so I can have flexible packages. Force-feeding is not the goal, it's collateral damage. Very sorry

You should not have to scroll through any baseball section to get to the lounge. I will be fixing the navigation Sunday to make going to hockey or prospects or 'other' or baseball an easier process.
    Dobber, is there no way to set this via our profiles? In otherwords if I only care about forums x, y and z, shouldn't I be able to filter as such in my profile settings?

Also, the forums have been dog slow since the merge, you may wanna have your guy investigate that nothing weird is going on, that all the indexes have been built etc

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Just suck it up, man. I love the baseball/hockey integrated forum!
    With all due respect I find it foolish to say "suck it up".

It's a perfectly legitimate gripe IMO and I'm a big Jays fan but I don't pay too much attention to the rest of the league. I don't do fantasy baseball so I have little to no interest in the baseball threads (and FYI I don't hate baseball I actually played it for 13 years).

Hoping that a selective option is something that will be fixed soon because I'm personally not a fan. But of course I will suck it up until an alternative is found.

Dobber Sports Master

You can minimize the baseball forum by clicking on the arrows on the right hand side of the blue border and it appears to remember that setting on your next visit. Its a fair work around.

The only thing I think is strange is that I can post in the baseball forum and underneath my forum name it'll say "fantasy hockey guru". I won't be posting there, so its not a huge concern I guess.

Dobber, I knew there must have been some motivation on the business side to merge, but I didn't understand what it was. Thanks for explaining it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just ignore it, I think you guys are too fussy sometimes.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Wizard

i appreciate all the work going into this but i do have to say i am not enamored of a merged classifieds

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    You can minimize the baseball forum by clicking on the arrows on the right hand side of the blue border and it appears to remember that setting on your next visit. Its a fair work around.

The only thing I think is strange is that I can post in the baseball forum and underneath my forum name it'll say "fantasy hockey guru". I won't be posting there, so its not a huge concern I guess.

Dobber, I knew there must have been some motivation on the business side to merge, but I didn't understand what it was. Thanks for explaining it.
    Interesting about the title fantasy hockey guru. I did not think of that. Another thing I'll have to figure out.

I'll be working on this all day today, try to make it as right as I can. Please understand everyone - what annoys you, is probably annoying me too. I just need some time to fix as best I can. And keep throwing tidbits on here, I'm keeping an eye on this thread and adding to my list. Like the title thing that AW just pointed out - I didn't know that/forgot about that. So glad to hear the feedback.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i appreciate all the work going into this but i do have to say i am not enamored of a merged classifieds
    This post I don't understand...since classifieds for hockey and for baseball were getting new posts maybe once per week. So now, combined, it's twice a week. But perhaps in the intro we can ask new posts to include in the subject line hockey, baseball or (new sports to come).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This post I don't understand...since classifieds for hockey and for baseball were getting new posts maybe once per week. So now, combined, it's twice a week. But perhaps in the intro we can ask new posts to include in the subject line hockey, baseball or (new sports to come).
    i guess maybe its just me but split and put in their respective sections means i personally can minimize 2 sections instead of one

the classifieds is the only forum i use thats in the section it is in

i guess its more a matter of convenience and i am complaing about something no one else cares about sorry

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

I...am your father.

Oh, I see. Understood!

What I just discovered though (and thanks for giving me the idea to look) was the ability to add a "prefix". So I set this section up to add a prefix - hockey, or baseball. So now when you go in that section, you can see at a glance which sport it is for. I had thought that was the issue...but now I see that your reasons are different so I didn't solve that.

I'm still working on the navigation. I have several new options on the main page. I'll also be adding a link to the banner up top, and trying to get better navigation within the forum.

I...am your father.

You don't want to minimize that area anyway - Dobber's Take is there

And announcements, Angus Unleashed and the Lounge

Dobber Sports Wizard

fair enough

thanks for the prefix though that will definitely be helpful

and thanks for responding

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just curious as I browse the new forum setup. From the main page of the forum, I do not see the "Prospects" section? Where am I to find this?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Just curious as I browse the new forum setup. From the main page of the forum, I do not see the "Prospects" section? Where am I to find this?
    keep scrolling

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max