Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New Forum

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You could put in a subscription to the new subforums and then you'd get emails about any new threads, if that floats your boat. I've done that before to stay updated with forums that don't get a bajillion new threads every day.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    You can minimize the baseball forum by clicking on the arrows on the right hand side of the blue border and it appears to remember that setting on your next visit. Its a fair work around.

The only thing I think is strange is that I can post in the baseball forum and underneath my forum name it'll say "fantasy hockey guru". I won't be posting there, so its not a huge concern I guess.

Dobber, I knew there must have been some motivation on the business side to merge, but I didn't understand what it was. Thanks for explaining it.
    Glad you pointed this out to me - having the baseball stuff in the middle of keeper league stuff and the general/prospects stuff was really weird. Accidently clicked on so much baseball stuff just out of instinct.

I...am your father.

Baseball needs the "new posts" to separate. Probably worse than the hockey people need to see the baseball posts out of there. Baseball being a growing site, the newcomers really need to see new posts just for baseball. This needs a plug-in that I will hopefully put in place within a week.

Where the Prospects forum is, is not set. I will probably re-jig the order. Lots of work on the navigation still ahead. But the last two days my time has been spent on the shop. This new shop will be awesome, but man is it a headache. But I need it up asap because the Prospects Report is out soon.

Regarding the Prospects section being a "dessert". This is a long-term view. So I'm hoping it won't be a dessert for long. I'm hoping that some dissatisfied readers in other prospect forums give me a shot, and that area really grows in terms of first-hand observation and opinions. And I'll try to get the DobberProspects writers in there for their two cents too.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    And I'll try to get the DobberProspects writers in there for their two cents too.
    This will boost up the section, having prospect focused views tending to and creating new posts.

That section will grow with the prospects guide coming out and the 2012 draft creeping up.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

I...am your father.

I should add that, unintentionally, the setup that some people in this thread were complaining about actually boosted activity in the Baseball and Prospects forums. I may have to go back to it (JK)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

For now, I put the word "Baseball" in front of each baseball section, so any new posts for Baseball you can easily find (or ignore, depending on your preference)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I should add that, unintentionally, the setup that some people in this thread were complaining about actually boosted activity in the Baseball and Prospects forums. I may have to go back to it (JK)
    I originally thought that this might have been the reason for the switch in the first place haha.

I...am your father.

I know, eh? It kinda worked out, but wasn't planned

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha well you've gotten me a few times...saw a couple headlines involving Jays players and I couldn't resist not clicking

Kudos!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That Evan Longoria one almost gets me every time...

Dobber Sports Novice

How about a "Logout" button somewhere on the page like the old board?
    16 Team Yahoo H2H - Dynasty, 25 Players
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Hey Dobber, I get a weird error when I click on the new banner.

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
    Error log record number: 826200833