Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Forum

I...am your father.

Default New Forum

Welcome to the merged forum, as we work towards one login for all areas of the site. Still some minor maintenance to work on (like the main banner up top, some broken pics, etc.).

Changes:
    1. Merged the hockey and baseball league classifieds. The classifieds area is for all sports.
    2. Merged the "lounge". Non hockey and non baseball talk
    3. Moved most hockey things into the hockey area - including a move of the Eastern/Western Conference discussion that was in The Black Aces as a subsection of General Hockey Chat.
    4. Merged the hockey and baseball site announcements
    5. Opened up a section called "Hockey Prospects". Right now, all that is in there is the Prospect or Suspect? section and the OHL discussion (that was in the Black Aces) section. I plan to add WHL, QMJHL, AHL, NCAA and Europe

Navigation will improve, bear with me. I have all day Sunday to fix up the little things. I hope you like it, and welcome suggestions. Your hockey login via the main page should log you into this forum. In fact, the login should work for all login areas.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sweet. This is very nice for people that have been using both the baseball and hockey forums. If I come up with anything I will let ya know! Thanks again Dobber!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Wait I guess I have one question and it's not a big deal and it could be a dumb one, but it seems like everyone will only have one user control panel now as it seems my baseball signature has disappeared. Not a big deal to re-do it but just making sure there isn't a way I can retrieve it, is there?

I...am your father.

I'll ask, but wont' have an answer until tomorrow - he's on one coast, and away for a couple hours, I'm on the other coast and ready for bed

It looks like the sigs for hockey were kept though, which is the right move since it's 20,000 members versus like 500

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah that makes sense. Like I said not a big deal was just curious. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Monster

It may or may not matter..but I have a little suggestion.

On Prospect or Suspect, its not indicated which one is which. In the subtitle it is, but when we click on " new posts" it just says Prospects or Suspects?. Would be nice if its " Baseball Prospect or Suspects / Hockey Prospects or Suspects? Something like that maybe.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sorry for all the questions and I know you probably won't get to it tonight and if someone else wants to answer it they can too. You know the icons that tell you when there is a new post or if you have read all the posts in a thread, well whenever I have read all the posts in a thread and then close my browser and then open it back up later on in the day it says that there is a new post but there really isn't. Just wondering if it happens to anyone else or if there is a setting I need to change or something? I would appreciate any help on this and thanks.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    It may or may not matter..but I have a little suggestion.

On Prospect or Suspect, its not indicated which one is which. In the subtitle it is, but when we click on " new posts" it just says Prospects or Suspects?. Would be nice if its " Baseball Prospect or Suspects / Hockey Prospects or Suspects? Something like that maybe.
    That will all be changed

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by grindin griers View Post
    Sorry for all the questions and I know you probably won't get to it tonight and if someone else wants to answer it they can too. You know the icons that tell you when there is a new post or if you have read all the posts in a thread, well whenever I have read all the posts in a thread and then close my browser and then open it back up later on in the day it says that there is a new post but there really isn't. Just wondering if it happens to anyone else or if there is a setting I need to change or something? I would appreciate any help on this and thanks.
    That will be fixed by tomorrow

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hey Dobber like the new setup, but I am having one problem. When I enter the forums all I can see is the fantasy hockey section. The fantasy baseball, other stuff, and hockey prospects sections aren't visible.

To get them I have to go to my profile page, click on statistics, find all posts, then go up towards the top and click Fantasy Sports Forums - Dobber Sports and then everything shows up. I tried logging out on the front page of the site and also logging out on the main forum page and logging back in to see if that would rectify things but that was a no go.

I don't know if that will clear once you finish the clean up, and it may only be me it's happening to, just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I...am your father.

Thanks, you can access that via the tree at the top. click "fantasy sports forums". I'll be fixing the navigation stuff today and tomorrow

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Is there any way to remove any and all baseball threads from the "New Posts" function, like in some setting or preferences deal? Really annoying to have to sift through random baseball threads when I don't care one bit about them.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Is there any way to remove any and all baseball threads from the "New Posts" function, like in some setting or preferences deal? Really annoying to have to sift through random baseball threads when I don't care one bit about them.
    Just suck it up, man. I love the baseball/hockey integrated forum!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

FYI- You can just go to dobberhockey.com and the forum, then it will take you directly to ONLY the fantasy hockey forum.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Master

So... I keep all post counts and rep power if I visit the baseball threads? That seems very wrong. I don't know the first thing about baseball... Personally I hate the integrated forum. I have absolutely no interest in baseball. I also don't like having to scroll through baseball sections to get to the lounge.

I'm not sure why the baseball is being force fed to me. You don't hear me complain about much around here but this... I don't like. I don't see any upside for me, as Dobberhockey user.