Thread: huselius for gionta

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default huselius for gionta

seeing how keenan has slithered his way back into the NHL and he was the one who traded huselius to Calgary I am just throwing his name around to see what Huselius could fetch. A GM has offered Gionta for Huselius, now I am concerned about how good will Gionta be without Gomez? Maybe I am too concerned about this Keenan thing. How about it

Thanks boys

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:huselius for gionta

jaymur wrote:
    seeing how keenan has slithered his way back into the NHL and he was the one who traded huselius to Calgary I am just throwing his name around to see what Huselius could fetch. A GM has offered Gionta for Huselius, now I am concerned about how good will Gionta be without Gomez? Maybe I am too concerned about this Keenan thing. How about it

Thanks boys
    Wow, tough one...

I can\'t see huselius duplicating his offense from last year. Calgary is going to concentrate more on defense this year, and Keenan will demand that Huselius backchecks, or he will suffer.
    How much will Gionta suffer with Gomer gone....hard to say, but a lot will depend on Elias\'s health as well. One thing is for sure..that Gionta will be given Maximum icetime and quality PP time. Will Huselius be given the same?
    I have to give the edge to Gionta here.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Have to disagree. Keenan will bring the best out in Huselius. But its tough to hold onto Calgary Flames, even Iggy. Kipper thrives on this team because it is a tight checking system. Low scoring games.

But NJ plays the same sort of game. I think Huselius gets a few more points then Gionta. Gionta will miss Gomez the most.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Zorro wrote:
    Have to disagree. Keenan will bring the best out in Huselius. But its tough to hold onto Calgary Flames, even Iggy. Kipper thrives on this team because it is a tight checking system. Low scoring games.

But NJ plays the same sort of game. I think Huselius gets a few more points then Gionta. Gionta will miss Gomez the most.
    Z..
    I have to ask Z, why do you think Keenan will bring out the best in Huselius now, but basically stunted him when he coached him a mere 2-3 yrs ago?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Gionta will be fine. The EGG line did seem worse when one of its members was missing, but I think Gionta will still step up next year. He was bothered by a groin or hamstring injury so I think he will post better numbers than last year. Huselius to me is a question mark..not just because of Keenan, but just because no one knows if that was a blip in his career or will that be his new average. I would go with Gionta on that one.
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

I like both guys. I just think Huselius has a little something more to prove this season. Not just because of Keenan but also because of it being his contract year. He will be fine. I think he and Iggy should play together. Speed and Grit.

I\'d have to go with Huselius. In my mind, Huselius has the ability to create offence on his own -- in Gionta\'s case, not having Gomez to feed him the puck is really going to hurt.

I owned Huselius and Gionta in one of my pools last year and watched a lot of Calgary and N.J. games..... Based on last year, I\'d pick a Calgary star over a N.J. star in a second -- N.J.\'s defensive style means fewer points for guys like Gionta and Elias, which is why I think Gomez will really step up his production in a new, likely more offensive, environment.

Calgary\'s style last year went against their defensive reputation -- a surprising number of 5-3, 5-4, etc. games

Now, things will certainly tighten up in Calgary this season with Keenan behind the bench. I think Huselius will produce a little less than a point per game, but I\'d bet on 70 points at least (with an upside of 95 if given the chance to run and gun). Gionta, I think is good for 60-70 at best without Gomez).

I\'d say Huselius is one of the most exciting players in the league today. Let\'s just hope Keenan doesn\'t prevent us from seeing him work his magic.
    Six-Team League (8 keepers; 25-player roster; minimum of 4 defencemen; 1 team/goalies; bottom five players do not count in point totals)
    **Crosby, Benn, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Kopitar, Mackinnon

Very tough call, but I\'d have to say Huselius has more upside since he seemed to just come into his own last year. Now that he has proved he can play Keenan would be stupid to hold him back, and if they can\'t deal with each other he could get traded somewhere else and explode again.

It all depends on what positions you need. I know in our pool its tough to get a decent left winger so I would go with Huselius, but just points vs. points its a tough call. Gionta had a brutal season last year. A couple injuries didn\'t help his case either. Mean while Huselius had a break out year like Gionta did the year before. Gionta could surprise all of us and hit 90 points again this year, but thats pretty tough now without gomez unless elias is healthy. Tough call bud!
    Points Only, H2H, #1
    C - Stamkos, Toews, Berglund, Bailey, Colborne
    LW - Neal, Burrows, J. Jokinen, MacArthur, Fleischmann
    RW - Gaborik, Kessel, Stafford, Hornqvist, Wheeler, Doan, Tedenby
    D - Doughty, Visnovsky, Whitney, Weber, Goligoski, Letang, Larsson
    G - Thomas, Rinne, S. Mason, Bernier, Rask

Points Only H2H, #2
    C - Thornton, Spezza, Koivu, Carter, Gomez
    LW - Ovechkin, Neal, Elias, S. Kostitsyn, Ennis
    RW - Kane, Hemsky, Hossa, Perry, Doan
    D - Weber, Boyle, Gonchar, Markov, Rundblad, Elliot
    G - Luongo, Bryzgalov, Elliot, Salak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I actually made this trade in February. I gave up Gionta for Huselius expecting a big year from Huselius this year and expecting Gionta to be stuck in a defensive system and likely to be without Gomez.

Now with Keenan in Calgary I\'ll just have to wait and see...

Gionta-Zubrus-Elias. I would take my chances with Huselius. I wish I could pry him away from an owner in our league. Huselius is going to even better his stats from last season.
    Z..