As the Hot Stove season heats up rumor has it the Cubs are shopping Matt Garza and the Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers are listening. The Cubs new regime continues to talk up the five year plan, so does Garza fit in that plan or is he is on the outside looking in?

Garza is only 28 years of age and under team control for two more arbitration years after that he hits the open market and will command quite a bit more than his current salary. Will the Cubs be contenders by then? Hard to say.

Garza just ended his best year in his career which makes one wonder, is it worth trading away your best pitcher when good pitching is hard to come by? Does it make more sense to move him and get back two or three MLB ready players to help you're ball club? I personally believe the Cubs will keep Garza at least one more year and for the foreseeable future focus on moving Zambrano and trying to unload Soriano.

The Cubs need allot of help all over the diamond and Garza is just one piece , but a good piece at a good age with good stuff, hard for me to agree that trading him away makes good sense, but I am not Theo and Jed. One thing is for sure, this new Cubs regime better get whatever they do, right. How will Cubs fans feel if we keep Zambrano but trade Garza? Yikes!

Good Luck, Theo and Jed!