Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Contest - Write the Ramblings for a Day!

Jersey Girl

Ramble Ramble Ramble..

The Rangers make a free agent splash and sign Joe Nathan to a two- year deal worth $14.5 million and a club option for a 3rd year. This signing allows the Rangers to move Neftali Feliz to the starting rotation. This kills two birds with one stone. Nathan had a decent enough 2nd half of the season last year and is further removed from Tommy John surgery, he should post a much better season in 2012.

The Pirates signed Clint Barmes to a two-year deal worth $10.5 million. He will assume the starting SS duties. He has some pop , not alot of power, not good OPS as well. His 2012 line was .244/.312/.386 with 12 homers and 39 RBI in 123 games. He is however much better option for them than Ronny Cedeno.

The Cubs are said to be shopping Matt Garza. I posted my thoughts herehttp://www.dobberbaseball.com/index....ead.php&t=3522

C.J. Wilson will visit with the Miami Marlins after the Thanksgiving break, I will assume they'll offer him a contract as well but it will be a low ball offer similar to the same low ball offers they have offered Pujols, Reyes and Buerhle.

Congrats to Justin Verlander for yet another award and he takes home the American League MVP award, in addition to his AL CY Young award. He is the first starting pitcher in the last 25 years to win an MVP award. Roger Clemens in 1986 was the last SP to win.

Bobby Valentine has his 2nd interview with the Red Sox and at this point seems to be the odds on favorite to land the gig to manage Boston in 2012. Not to sure that is going to be a good thing.

About 60-70 MLB team scouts were in the Dominican Republic last week to watch Yoenis Cespedes workout. Peter Gammons reports Cespedes will net a contract north of $35 million.

Dobber

Perfect - I gotta use both of you. Let me talk to Snyder and give you your day. And hell, you should get in as columnists too.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Awesome! Thanks Dobber! Congrats to you too BleedCubBlue

Jersey Girl

Yes - Thanks Dobber! Good job to you Dave!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dave -- I sent you a private message through your DobberBaseball profile. Click on your large, blue name on one of your posts to check it. It tells you how to get in touch with me about writing opportunities.

Brandon -- I sent you a tweet. Direct message me and we can discuss some writing opportunities.

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving!

Mike

Dobber Sports Recruit

Great work guys!