Thread: Brett Anderson

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Brett Anderson

Well, looks like my fear of Brett Anderson being injured seems like a real possibility.

From the Contra Costa Times:

A's Brett Anderson leaving team to get left elbow checked

By Joe Stiglich
    Monday, June 6th, 2011 at 10:28 am in Uncategorized.

I've confirmed with multiple team sources that A's pitcher Brett Anderson is heading back to the Bay Area to get his left elbow checked. It makes sense, given Anderson's dip in velocity with both his fastball and slider recently. I don't know anything beyond this right now but will update as I gather more information
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

WOW

That is a huge problem for Anderson owners. Wasn't he injured a lot last year too?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yes, elbow inflammation I believe a couple times. Fearing the worst.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Read this on another site:

"Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle was told by one source that Anderson has expressed concern that he might need Tommy John surgery if the UCL in his elbow is torn"

Who knows if that's actually true or not though. I think that's what everyone is concerned about already!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Brett Anderson was a pitcher I was willing to reach for in drafts this year. When he is healthy, the combination of his stuff, his command, pitching a good number of games in the Oakland Coliseum and pitching a ton against the A.L. West (Rangers excluded) make him a great fantasy option. The site FanGraphs had an interesting article about Anderson's reliance on the slider and its role in his reoccuring elbow problems.

Either way, his recent performances on the mound suggest something is wrong. I'm prepared for the worst.

Dobber Sports Recruit

"Brett Anderson will not have Tommy John surgery, after seeing Dr. James Andrews. He will have six weeks of rehab and another evaluation in 3 weeks"

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hip hip hooray. Hope to god he gets it straight the first couple starts, then sell high.
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Recruit

I just hope he doesn't go in for TJ at some point down the line anyway!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Exactly why you want to sell high! Think the writing is on the wall, it will eventually happen.
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Recruit

For the time being until I get a good idea of how he recovers from the surgery, I'm going to stay away from him in keeper leagues.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Wall has been officially written. Anderson will undergo TJ Surgery.
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yup. Done this morning. Out for a year. Brutal for any Anderson owners.