Thread: Team advice - doing well in Hitting, horrible in pitching

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Team advice - doing well in Hitting, horrible in pitching

Hey guys,
    I was hoping to get some feedback on my team in sig. I am doing well in the hitting cats (2nd in R, 5th in HR, 1st in RBI, 2nd in SB, 1st in AVG) but the itching cats are killing me right now (2nd last in Wins, 3rd in Saves, last in K, last in ERA, last in WHIP) I have dealt with some injuries to my staff Cueto, Greinke, JImnez and some bad starts by Lackey and Jackson but I need to makee up some ground or I will be chasing those cats all year.

What suggestions do you guys have?
    should I drop some more hitters and stack the pitching staff more?
    is my ratio of SP:RP off?
    should I have some middle relief guys in there?

I am hoping it all sorts it self out once I get greinke and Cueto back from the DL but Im starting to worry that all my hitting production wont matter if the pitching doesnt come around quckly. Any input is appreciated, Cheers!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

In an 11 team league, there should be plenty of pitching on the wire to let Lackey and Narveson go to help keep you in the middle of the pitching categories. Perhaps you can list a bunch of pitchers available?
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    In an 11 team league, there should be plenty of pitching on the wire to let Lackey and Narveson go to help keep you in the middle of the pitching categories. Perhaps you can list a bunch of pitchers available?
    thanks for the response, I was leaning towards letting Narveson go but I was hoping Lackey could turn it around.

The top 10 Starters by O-rank in Yahoo are:
    Colby Lewis
    Javier Vasquez
    Phil Hughes
    Kyle Drabek
    Bud Norris
    James McDonald
    Brett Cecil
    Clayton Richard
    Kyle McCLellan
    Travis Wood
    Happ
    R A Dickey

The top 10 Starters by current-rank in Yahoo are
    Josh Tomlin
    Aaron Crow
    Bartolo Colon
    Freddy Garcia
    Kyle McClellan
    Rzepczynski
    Jeremy Guthrie
    Wade Davis
    David Pauley
    Phil Humber

Top 10 RP by yahoo O-rank are:
    Fernando Rodney
    MAtt Thornton
    Luke Gregerson
    Javier Vasquez
    Daniel Bard
    Rafael Soriano
    Brandon League
    Koji Uehara
    Jason Motte
    Evan Meek
    Tyler Clippard

Top 10 RP by yahoo current rank are:
    Brian Sanches
    Aaron Crow
    Antoniio Bastardo
    Ernesto Frieri
    Pedro Beato
    Ramon Ramirez
    Sergio Romo
    Chris Resop
    Logan Ondrusek
    Mike Dunn
    Rafael Perez

Do any of those guys jump out at you?? any more input would be appreciated!! thanks.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Drop Narveson pick up Wood.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by scared hitless View Post
    thanks for the response, I was leaning towards letting Narveson go but I was hoping Lackey could turn it around.

The top 10 Starters by O-rank in Yahoo are:
    Colby Lewis
    Javier Vasquez
    Phil Hughes
    Kyle Drabek
    Bud Norris
    James McDonald
    Brett Cecil
    Clayton Richard
    Kyle McCLellan
    Travis Wood
    Happ
    R A Dickey

The top 10 Starters by current-rank in Yahoo are
    Josh Tomlin
    Aaron Crow
    Bartolo Colon
    Freddy Garcia
    Kyle McClellan
    Rzepczynski
    Jeremy Guthrie
    Wade Davis
    David Pauley
    Phil Humber

Top 10 RP by yahoo O-rank are:
    Fernando Rodney
    MAtt Thornton
    Luke Gregerson
    Javier Vasquez
    Daniel Bard
    Rafael Soriano
    Brandon League
    Koji Uehara
    Jason Motte
    Evan Meek
    Tyler Clippard

Top 10 RP by yahoo current rank are:
    Brian Sanches
    Aaron Crow
    Antoniio Bastardo
    Ernesto Frieri
    Pedro Beato
    Ramon Ramirez
    Sergio Romo
    Chris Resop
    Logan Ondrusek
    Mike Dunn
    Rafael Perez

Do any of those guys jump out at you?? any more input would be appreciated!! thanks.
    A few of these pitchers can really help you out, here's my list of players to possibly pick up.
    1. Kyle Drabek
    2. Kyle McLellan

Players like Daniel Bard can also lower your ERA, Logan Ondrusek provides the same luxury if you can afford to roster one of these guys they will bring stats like ERA, WHIP and even strikeouts. I think Drabek and McLellan are the SP's that will help you the most, but you've got some intriguing names in terms of RP's. I might add that if Sergio Santos or Mitchell Boggs are available, they are must adds right now. Closing for the Cardinals and White Sox respectively. Drop Edwin Jackson and Lackey, pick up McLellan and Drabek. If available, grab Santos and Boggs, drop Lyon and Fuentes.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Drop Narveson pick up Wood.
    thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Longoria4MVP View Post
    A few of these pitchers can really help you out, here's my list of players to possibly pick up.
    1. Kyle Drabek
    2. Kyle McLellan

Players like Daniel Bard can also lower your ERA, Logan Ondrusek provides the same luxury if you can afford to roster one of these guys they will bring stats like ERA, WHIP and even strikeouts. I think Drabek and McLellan are the SP's that will help you the most, but you've got some intriguing names in terms of RP's. I might add that if Sergio Santos or Mitchell Boggs are available, they are must adds right now. Closing for the Cardinals and White Sox respectively. Drop Edwin Jackson and Lackey, pick up McLellan and Drabek. If available, grab Santos and Boggs, drop Lyon and Fuentes.
    neither SAntos or Boggs are available and im doing okay in saves right now thanks for the input re the starters Im leanign towarsd Drabek for Lackey right now.