Thread: Threads issue resolved

Dobber

Default Threads issue resolved

The problem with some threads cutting off has been resolved. If I'm wrong, please let me know, but from the testing I did, it works fine now.

Dobber Sports Novice

Not sure if this is same issue, but a minor thing is happening to me now. While active on the board, that is, if I clicked inside the actual board part of the page (not the border), it doesn't let me scroll with my page up and down. But I can if I click outside the border.

Furthermore, sometimes after clicking or posting in a thread, the cursor (not actual like while typing, but the page location) is part way down rather than at the top, which should happen for all pages.

Hope I'm explaining it well enough.

Dobber

Not sure what you mean about the cursor issue, but the scrolling issue is because that is our fix - we have a box within a box. So there is the entire page that scrolls, but also the cutoff thread can scroll. And if that thread is not cut off, the scroller is still there...but it doesn't scroll (since it doesn't need to). So in that case, to scroll the entire page, you have to bring the mouse outside of the inner box, if you catch my drift

Dobber Sports Novice

Yep, the scroll issue is what you have sorted. That's fine.

As for the cursor, as an example, if I were to go back to the previous page visited, it would not be set at the top of the page, but at the point where I had entered this section (site announcements). So, my top of page is the link to this thread. Make sense? And if I were to move forward to this page (think of alt-back, alt-forward), then the page appears part way down, rather than at the top of the thread.

I hope that is clearer?

Dobber Sports Novice

By the way, personal opinion but I'm not a fan of this box within a box. It's too fiddly, and having to click in or outside to scroll is going to get annoying. But that's me. I don't have this issue at Dobberhockey.

Dobber

I agree - Tuesday afternoon we will be re-installing the Vbulletin software and make it like DobberHockey. So we may be down for an hour or two, just the forum

Dobber

it now looks like we have it fixed without re-installing. Please let me know of any other issues!

Dobber Sports Novice

That's much better - thanks Dobber.