Thread: Halladay News

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Halladay News

MLB.com has learned that the Blue Jays may allow another team a window to negotiate a contract extension with Roy Halladay should a trade be consummated.
    The reasoning behind a window being granted lies with the fact that the Blue Jays would likely receive a better package for Halladay if a contract extension could be signed. Former general manager J.P. Ricciardi would not grant such an extension. It's becoming more and more obvious that new GM Alex Anthopoulos has a far better handle on how to go about trading a superstar. Nov. 17 - 6:29 pm et
    Source: MLB.com

Dobber Sports Recruit

It will be interesting to see if the Jays finally pull a trade off. They have a new GM and I think he realizes for them to get better they need to move him and add more pieces to their teams future.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So glad JP is out of there.

Dobber Sports Rookie

It's quite apparent that Halladay is going to be traded. Never thought the Brandon Phillips rumours were true, but if the Jays somehow did get him, then I'm assuming Halladay might have stayed.

What better way for Alex A to make a name for himself then to see what he gets for Halladay. What I'd like to know is if you're a Jays fan, which rumour you heard fits best for the Toronto Blue Jays.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

No surprise here - the Yankees will be in on the Halladay trade sweepstakes. Also the Dodgers may move Billingsly in a package to acquire Halladay. I'd second guess that If I were the Dodgers..

Halladay is obviously a great pitcher, but alot of tread on that arm. Billingsly is a good one. I guess it depends on how much more the Dodgers would have to give up along with Billingsly to acquire Halladay.

Dobber Sports Rookie

You're telling me if you were the Dodgers you wouldn't pull that trigger? With the lineup you have, if the Jays insisted on Kershaw, I'd deal him + another prospect if they wanted. Doc is argueably the best pitcher in baseball. No team should have reservations on getting Doc, except the amount of prospects I'd have to give up.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

If it was Billinglsly and a decent prospect or 2 yes I would make the deal, if its Kershaw and Billingsly no way I would do that deal. But with that said, I dont think Dodgers / Jays are talkin about Billingsly AND Kershaw.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    If it was Billinglsly and a decent prospect or 2 yes I would make the deal, if its Kershaw and Billingsly no way I would do that deal. But with that said, I dont think Dodgers / Jays are talkin about Billingsly AND Kershaw.
    Yeah I agree, I don't think the Dodgers would give up both Billingsley and Kershaw and are even talking about it.

If Billingsley is the key to the Halladay deal for the Dodgers' then they're getting a steal. That being said, as a Jays fan, I would like a young proven pitcher to be included in whatever package they get for halladay.