Thread: OFF-Season - Hot Stove Action

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default OFF-Season - Hot Stove Action

Any input on any potential offseason block buster trades? Free Agent signings? Any rumors? Any suggestions on who should go or might go to what team? Etc

I think Carlos Zambrano gets traded out of Chicago. Milton Bradley as well will be shipped out. Maybe Tampa Bay.

goldfish47

Milton Bradley has as much shot at being in Wrigley next year as Bobby Dernier... Tampa Bay is as good a guess as any... he's going to have to go to a smallish market team and prove himself all over again. He has a 45-cent head to go along with his million dollar abilities.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I would love to see Lackey sign with the Dodgers... imagine a Lackey, Kershaw, Billingsly, Kuroda, Wolf? rotation paired with that lineup...

Also I am interested in whats going to happen to Figgins? does he stay in LA/Anaheim or are there rumours of him going else where?

goldfish47

I think a lot depends on what happens in the next 2 days... if the Angels find a way to make it to the Series, they're going to be almost forced to hang onto their major parts. It's not like they're a small market team who can sell the economy bit to the fans. Personally, i'd love to see them let Figgins go as it may finally spell Brandon Wood's 1st legit shot at the big leagues.. talk about a guy who's been mishandled. Let him struggle through 150 ABs if you have to- he's hit everywhere he's been and his glove is probably above average (at 3B... just a bit below at SS).

Dobber Sports Recruit

wouldn't Figgins be a better fit for their lineup though? He's their leadoff man and the only proven guy on that team that can swipe 35-40 bags a season. With the emergence of Morales I kinda think Wood is expendable... maybe deal him for an arm if Lackey signs elsewhere